Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

One thing I read earlier is that a candidate has to be tax resident in the previous three years to run. Now I've had a quick look online and haven't been able to confirm this but if that's true then Casey wouldn't eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

mickdw wrote: »
    Very strange. This guy came across more presidential on dragons den than tonight. Continually caught with a stupid grin, not able to speak clearly. Absolute chancer. It would appear as said above that he will be sent out to blacken Higgins. The comments tonight re presidents pay is the start of it.... lots of room to develop that when you have an old man who promised one term only now attempting to get a second.

What tv programme was Casey on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Latest update from Gemma, the state killed Guerin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Of course we will see Burton and Howlin hanging on to Michael Ds coat tails in the hope of some reflected glory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

batgoat wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1035287828484243456?s=19

Jesus that has to be her out, shes absolutely batsh1t on conspiracy theories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Hurrache wrote: »
    I'm half convinced it's some ridiculous elaborate plot between the 3 with the Casey fella brought in to sling the dirt as it won't make a difference to how people would see him negatively as a result as nobody knows who the **** he is anyway.

I heard on Radio 1's What it says in the papers this morning that one of the newspapers are also questioning as to if there's truth behind my theory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I heard on Radio 1's What it says in the papers this morning that one of the newspapers are also questioning as to if there's truth behind my theory!

Yep it’s on the front of the Irish daily mail. The dragons deny any plot.

Jaysus, and if you look at the other video in that thread, big pharma is behind something else, as she rubs her fingers together in the money gesture.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Going by the weird, persistent cadre within TheJournal's comment slurry, O'Doherty's being ignored because of a media conspiracy :rolleyes: - and getting the 'likes' to match - so the above kind of paranoia seems to be catnip to some folks out there. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the candidate who simply won't go away - purely because of the resting "anti establishment" angst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jaysus, and if you look at the other video in that thread, big pharma is behind something else, as she rubs her fingers together in the money gesture.

Shes looney tunes, also displaying the hilarious stereotype cognitive dissonance of conspiracy theorists, the state is completely corrupt and hides all these bad things but at the same time is completely incompetent at doing anything correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ugh. 26th September can't come fast enough, then these idiots can be starved of oxygen and we can talk about (any) actual candidates that have been nominated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,717 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

How many have we going for it now?

big pharma is behind something else, as she rubs her fingers together in the money gesture.

I realise what she's talking about, they're behind the vaccine thing, so more anti-vaxx nonsense. In those videos it was members of that 'regret' organisaton she was engaging with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gandalf wrote: »
    that's at the behest of the Government
    Speaking of waffle...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Going by the weird, persistent cadre within TheJournal's comment slurry, O'Doherty's being ignored because of a media conspiracy :rolleyes: - and getting the 'likes' to match - so the above kind of paranoia seems to be catnip to some folks out there. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the candidate who simply won't go away - purely because of the resting "anti establishment" angst.

She's being avoided by the media because if she says something like that on air it's litigation time for the outlet involved. She's deluded in thinking she can get a nomination at all. If any councillor or TD supports her it shows they are not fit for office either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

She's being avoided by the media because if she says something like that on air it's litigation time for the outlet involved. She's deluded in thinking she can get a nomination at all. If any councillor or TD supports her it shows they are not fit for office either.

Oh I doubt she will, but equally wouldn't be surprised if she did get the support. The anti establishment narrative is always seductive and against the current batch of politicians and businessmen, I could see a scenario of her becoming a bad faith candidate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What tv programme was Casey on

Dragons Den Ireland. 1 season I think.

mickdw wrote: »
    Dragons Den Ireland. 1 season I think.

I think they were asking what show was he on last night. It was the Tonight Show on the renamed TV3, Virgin Media One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Wouldn't be surprised if DCC backed her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Remember what happened Newstalk when they let Nell McCafferty run her mouth on air, think it cost them €450k...

• Advertisement

Remember what happened Newstalk when they let Nell McCafferty run her mouth on air, think it cost them €450k...

Ouch and I'd consider Nell to be saner than GoD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ouch and I'd consider Nell to be saner than GoD.

Absolutely no way any broadcaster is taking a chance letting her near an open mic.

I'm hoping this is just a piss take, a troll, or just trying to drum up listeners for his show

https://twitter.com/bobbykerr/status/1035460135672524802

And then his gave me a laugh,
    https://twitter.com/EamonTuffy/status/1035464754700210176

I'm hoping this is just a piss take, a troll, or just trying to drum up listeners for his show

https://twitter.com/bobbykerr/status/1035460135672524802

And then his gave me a laugh,
    https://twitter.com/EamonTuffy/status/1035464754700210176

God I hope it's a pisstake this Presidential Election is turning into an even bigger farce than it normally is!!! All we need now is Dana to have another crack at it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Serious discussion only, please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I don't like this I will not take a wage sh!t. If we have three millionaires saying it then anyone who doesn't will look greedy. You could be the best person for the job but have a mortgage to pay so decide not to run for office for fear of being that you'll look like you're cashing in. At which point politics becomes the playground of the wealthy.

I've never understood why success in business was supposed to be a positive for politicians. We don't see many people clamouring to have a CEO remove their prostrate.

I've never understood why success in business was supposed to be a positive for politicians. We don't see many people clamouring to have a CEO remove their prostrate.

If they are going for Minister of Finance or Enterprise then I'd say they have the right skillset and experiences for those roles. However I don't see the fit with a purely ceremonial position like The President. Then again I wouldn't class all those so called Dragons as being very successful businessmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,717 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If they are going for Minister of Finance or Enterprise then I'd say they have the right skillset and experiences for those roles. However I don't see the fit with a purely ceremonial position like The President. Then again I wouldn't class all those so called Dragons as being very successful businessmen.

its important to realise, the creation of jobs and the understanding of doing so, is only one aspect of creating a functioning society, even though its an important one, other critical skill sets are required to try create this functioning society

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    its important to realise, the creation of jobs and the understanding of doing so, is only one aspect of creating a functioning society, even though its an important one, other critical skill sets are required to try create this functioning society

Higgnins was responsible for setting up TG4 and The Irish Film Board when he was minister from what I recall. You could therefore say he created more job opportunities and money than the other guys, without lining his own pockets as a direct result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I could see Casey being a stalking horse for Duffy but Gallagher wouldn't be part of the plan IWT.

Advertisement