Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Apparently many of her more off the wall tweets were the result of hacking. It would be fairly easy for a state actor to crack her twitter password. For example by breaking into her home and installing a keylogger on her phone or computer.

I supposed the deep state were responsible for showing her making the Guerin remarks on video as well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I supposed the deep state were responsible for showing her making the Guerin remarks on video as well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK look this is unproductive you seem to have an axe to grind against Gemma. The Guerin remarks may well be true. Cui bono isn't that the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

OK look this is unproductive you seem to have an axe to grind against Gemma. The Guerin remarks may well be true. Cui bono isn't that the question?

So people asking valid questions of her don't get them answered, but instead are accused of having axes to grind? Plays out just like the responses on her twitter feed. Next up we'll be accused of being bots.

If they are true, then shouldn't Detective O'Doherty present some actual evidence to back up her statements, rather than going on with this sort of nonsense when asked about her claims? (16:25 on, if you're interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It's a symbolic, ceremonial and largely ambasdorial role, totally unlike the US presidency.

I'm not entirely sure why so many of those seeking nomination don't seem to be aware of that. Several should be running for the Dail rather than the presidency.

It's not a position you can accomplish any kind of major public policy changes from. It's more reflective and a big picture representative kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Indeed what does Gemma have to gain by making such outlandish and hurtful claims? Why publicity and courting the conspiracy theorist vote is the answer.

She seems to like making a big deal about the claims but then refuses to answer questions on them cus they aren't relevant to her campaign. Then why does she keep posting about them?

Ill also ask again where has Gemma claimed her twitter account was hacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,717 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

EdgeCase wrote:
    I'm not entirely sure why so many of those seeking nomination don't seem to be aware of that. Several should be running for the Dail rather than the presidency.

These people are well aware of it, exposure is good to some!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    These people are well aware of it, exposure is good to some!

Yeah I'm not aware of any of the nominees or likely nominees saying anything that suggests they are unaware of the reality of the role...

Water John wrote: »
    I think SF might be pushing the O'Caolain line to show a pretence of some sort of internal democratic process and that Ni Riada will be the choice. O'Caolain TMK expressly said he had no interest in the job.

O'Caolain's odds have come in a bit with PP, suggesting some belief that he could be a runner, but he's still nearly ten times longer than Ni Riada...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Which specific statements in that 40-minute long video do you think are of particular relevance?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Which specific statements in that 40-minute long video do you think are of particular relevance?

It is more what she doesn't say. She doesn't seem to have any understanding of the President of Ireland's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

pixelburp wrote: »
    Gallagher spending his time once more defending his business links.

I never heard anyone question him about his entrepreneurial approach to taxes on laughable "patents".

It is more what she doesn't say. She doesn't seem to have any understanding of the President of Ireland's job.

Okay I'm not going to watch that but I'll take your word. I wouldn't class her as a likely nominee but I'm not following the goings on at the various LAs closely enough to say this with certainty. Even if she did get a nomination she would almost certainly be the rank outsider.

So to qualify my initial statement, I'll say all serious contenders for the presidency are fully aware of what the role entails, as far as we know...

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

I was actually interested in O'Doherty but after reading her Twitter and various comments, no. I had no previous axe to grind with her but exposure to her puts me right off.

And why do you think that the Guerin comments "may be true"? She refuses to give any evidence and it was a deeply cruel thing to do to Guerin's family. It smacked of attention-seeking to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Apparently many of her more off the wall tweets were the result of hacking. It would be fairly easy for a state actor to crack her twitter password. For example by breaking into her home and installing a keylogger on her phone or computer.

You wouldn't put it past those bastards out in Langley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

What has Bono got to do with it?
    Has he thrown his hat in the ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Body double maybe? Hypnosis? Mind Hacking? Mass hysteria? At any rate we can all agree that she would be an excellent President.

If you are using the royal we maybe we could. She is a profoundly unqualified person to be the president of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The Guerin stuff might well be true. Not familiar with any references to HPV (other than the probable hacking) and Gemma may well have had a falling out with Debbie McCann but I am not familiar with the details.

Does Kevin Sharkey have a nomination yet?

Eh, all the hpv stuff she discussed on the radio about 2 weeks ago then she threatened to sue the radio station and the other woman on the air.. The Madeleine McCann stuff has been something she has been going on about for 6 months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The phrase bat***t crazy comes to mind when discussing Gemma's theories. News outlets will be absolutely nervous of interviewing her. Worse than DOB, you get threatened with a solicitor, if she thinks you looked sideways.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Indeed what does Gemma have to gain by making such outlandish and hurtful claims? Why publicity and courting the conspiracy theorist vote is the answer.

Then her being the main topic of conversation is thread will be grist of mill, even if most of the commentary is hostile.

Why are we devoting so much attention to a 'candidate' who is unlikely to be nominated and, even if she was, would almost certainly be the rank outsider of the field.

Water John wrote: »
    The phrase bat***t crazy comes to mind when discussing Gemma's theories. News outlets will be absolutely nervous of interviewing her. Worse than DOB, you get threatened with a solicitor, if she thinks you looked sideways.

I would say any journo/outlet would relish a day in court to disassemble her nonsense https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1039226964681416704

Also, Phillip Boucher-Hayes gutted her like a fish this evening (apparently she trusts gardai (or at least one) as sources now :rolleyes::rolleyes: : https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1039583645030334464

So she is threatening litigation before interviews are published ? Ah here.

I mean the last line of the first video where Ms O'Doherty asks why "he keeps bringing her up." Is it lost on her that she initially brought the issue back up ? Should Veronica Guerin's brother not have a right to question an allegation made about his sister's death ? I think he absolutely has a right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,425 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So who have we so far:
    Higgins
    Gallagher
    Duffy
    Freeman
    SF Candidate.

What is the state of play with others looking for nomination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Don't think any of them have any LA endorsement....yet, hopefully never.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gemma is a national treasure.
    Can we stick her in a museum ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

So who have we so far:
    Higgins
    Gallagher
    Duffy
    Freeman
    SF Candidate.

What is the state of play with others looking for nomination?

None have any - more councils meeting next week, but highly unlikely to back the others.

Can we stick her in a museum ?

How about the Zoo? It's about as close as she'll be getting to the Áras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

I can't wait to see how this plays out with Gallagher nominated again.

Has he tricks up his sleeve or do the other dragons have a role somewhere?

Has to be said, SG appears to be as dumb as a box of rocks

Advertisement