Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Michael D is taking a few punches here.

As is to be expected - if any challenger is to gain traction, it's the only worthwhile strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

AGC wrote: »
    This isn’t a debate.

Peter Casey is a disgrace.

Why is Peter Casey a disgrace? He is the only one asking the questions that should be asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭touts

They are all giving Micky D a kicking. Sean G seems to have done some research. Telling Micky D "you were sitting behind Eamonn Gilmore" in a particular Dail session. Micky D pivots to tax compliance. I've a feeling this could get a but hot soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,234 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Michael D is taking a few punches here.

Were you expecting him to get through it without taking punches ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,460 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Were you expecting him to get through it without taking punches ?
    Nope.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    They are all giving Micky D a kicking. Sean G seems to have done some research. Telling Micky D "you were sitting behind Eamonn Gilmore" in a particular Dail session. Micky D pivots to tax compliance. I've a feeling this could get a but hot soon.

Research ? Watching YouTube(which is where that clip can be found) isn't high level research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

mgn wrote: »
    Why is Peter Casey a disgrace? He is the only one asking the questions that should be asked.

Gets a bit flustered when he has to answer questions himself though.

I'm beginning to wonder are Peter C and Gavin D there to take down Micky D as part of some sort of tag team with Seanie G. Leanna NR is sniping from the sides but not landing any punches. Is Joan F on the show?

Casey having a 'mature recollection' already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

mgn wrote: »

Asked time and time again. No respect being shown to the current office holder. Why should the president tell him what he spends his wages on?

Sly comments about suits and his dogs.

All he has is mud slinging he has made no attempt at debate or proposals to what he would do.

Fair play to Sean Gallagher for pulling him up on it just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Casey having a 'mature recollection' already :)

He just plugged the kerry company he has a share in

Sean Gallagher getting asked about his companies. How many was it said he had ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Is Joan F on the show?

Michael D. was very quiet in 2011 debates. She's doing herself no harm by remaining quiet while the 'dragons' make a holy show of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

AGC wrote: »
    This isn’t a debate.

Peter Casey is a disgrace.

It's an attempted ambush really by the 'celebrity' trio. None of the pretenders have the temperament for the president.

Smarmy butting in there saying he doesn't think that they should be talking about Freeman's financing. He had no issue when he has his buddies lined up against Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Why is Sean being allowed to direct the debate topics so much? This really should be moderated better.

Gallagher a bit over anxious to make questions about finances verboten.

Michael D. was very quiet in 2011 debates. She's doing herself no harm by remaining quiet while the 'dragons' make a holy show of themselves.

She's weighed in against Sean Gallagher and his finances and now being asked questions on money she got from some business man. Gallagher defends her. He seems to be playing the "good cop" in the Dragons "good cop - bad cop" act. Micky D disappeared for the last 10 minutes. Probably relieved the stopped kicking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I'm beginning to wonder are Peter C and Gavin D there to take down Micky D as part of some sort of tag team with Seanie G. Leanna NR is sniping from the sides but not landing any punches.
    The sweeper strategy!

More likely they'll all just feel they have to "gang up on the leader". I'm sure if it was even competitive for second place their egos would get the better of them, and they'd be knocking lumps out of each other.

Casey's just thoroughly unlikable and obnoxious. Not even worth his 1%. And I say that with some of the competitors he has for unsuitable candidate status.
    Is Joan F on the show?

"We're getting bogged down in the finances of the Dragons," says she, obviously keen to move on to some other waffle, before she got her financal shellacking.

He seems to be playing the "good cop" in the Dragons "good cop - bad cop" act.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

Or maybe the Good, the Bad, and the Seems Kinda Off.

Joan doesn't know what an article 26 is. Facepalm moment number 1.

• Advertisement

Gavin Duffy knew well that a dissolution of the dail was a hypothetical question given the current dail. He pretended he didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

communist rte

Cormac seems to like the "would you dissolve the Dail if it came out of the blue at 2am" question. As if the president wouldn't have some notice that it might happen and Leo would just decide to call an election one night on his way home from Coppers.

Freeman really floundering on the constitutionality of legislation question. It's sorta one of the fundamentals of the job! If this were actually a job interview, this would be a "thanks, we'll be in touch" moment. Cormac practically had to spoon-feed her an answer at the third go. "Yes, that's exactly what I'd do!"

Well it seems Joan F, Leanna Ni and Gavin Duffy didn't do their homework on the constitutional duties. Sean G seema to know. Someone needs to poke Micky D and make sure he is still alive.

Cormac seems to like the "would you dissolve the Dail if it came out of the blue at 2am" question. As if the president wouldn't have some notice that it might happen and Leo would just decide to call an election one night on his way home from Coppers.

Actual lol at that. Though I can picture it a little too easily. Too much Callan's Kicks.

"I'm totes dissolute in the back of a taxi here. LOL."

Oh wait Micky D is still there. He's in full law lecturer mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

de rte probably fed him questions like there american friends did with their hero hillary

I think Cormac is doing a good job here. His questions have rattled and that is a good outcome for a first debate.

• Advertisement

Well it seems Joan F, Leanna Ni and Gavin Duffy didn't do their homework on the constitutional duties. Sean G seema to know. Someone needs to poke Micky D and make sure he is still alive.

I thought this was a pretty strong segment for MDH. "Shut a sec while I tell you how it actually works. Nooooobs."

Presenter obviously calling the more obvious spoofers first, so they couldn't just cog the clever kids' homework.

Advertisement