Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision 5mp POE IP Cameras

Options
  • 10-07-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Hikvision cameras appeared in an Amazon reminder/promotional email which...eh...reminded me I'd been interested in getting a new CCTV system for Home and business nextdoor. SHocked at how cheap they seem to have become and high res to boot but when I viewed some of the listings, confusion set in as some sparse reviews said the 5mp 4K camera and NVR on the thumbnails were misleading as the system received was only 1080p capable. Seemed to be BNC cabled too.

Now that its back on my mind though I thought I'd ask for recommendations. I want to go POE IP as I have a tonne of Cat5e and fully networked home and business. ie. Easy to mount cameras and run into POE switches in home and business. I also am about to finish a media Server in the home with dual lan port motherboard, i5 4760K CPU, 8gb DDR3 ram and a tonne of storage space.

So which 5mp cameras would you recommend? I know I'll have to pick up some POE switches too. Does a software license for CCTV recording software come free with the cameras or is there particular CCTV NVR software you would recommend. I'd like any of the multiple desktops, Laptops, Tablets and Phones in the house and business to be able to access the live camera feeds or recordings.

Hopefully someone can advise.

Advertisement