Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close my debit card

Options
  • 10-07-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi.

How can i close my debit card account at Bank of Ireland? Do i need to make appointment or just going in and say that i want to close my debit card. I have about 6500€ on it. Can they pay immediately this amount to me in cash? I would like to move home (other country) so i don't want to keep open that and i want to close it immediately. I don't have any online services and i have only this card.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Oliver24 wrote: »
    Hi.

How can i close my debit card account at Bank of Ireland? Do i need to make appointment or just going in and say that i want to close my debit card. I have about 6500€ on it. Can they pay immediately this amount to me in cash? I would like to move home (other country) so i don't want to keep open that and i want to close it immediately. I don't have any online services and i have only this card.

Thank you very much.

Hi Oliver24,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Sorry to hear that you're looking to close your account with us. If there is anything I can do to help you in relation to your account please let me know.
    If not you can request to close your account online and I've given a link here that you can use to do this. Also within this link once you've made the request you can confirm a bank account that you would like the remaining funds in the account to be transferred to.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

I want to do this personally not online.. and get cash i have no other account so i don't want and can not transfer money.. what is the biggest amount that they can pay me in cash and can i close my debit card without appointment just going into the bank? I have more than 5000€ so i am afraid they can't pay me immediately i read about over 5000 should give notice..

I want to do this personally not online.. and get cash i have no other account so i don't want and can not transfer money.. what is the biggest amount that they can pay me in cash and can i close my debit card without appointment just going into the bank? I have more than 5000€ so i am afraid they can't pay me immediately i read about over 5000 should give notice..

Prefect, thanks for letting us know. I'd ask you to bring in some photo ID with you when going into the branch. Also what you said is correct we would need at least 24 hours notice for a cash withdrawal in a branch of €5,000 or over.
    I've given a link here that you can use to order a large cash withdrawal in your local branch.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oliver24

Thank you.
    Anyway is this working with appointment only? Or without appointment i can solve this? Lots of people said no need apppintment for this but i don't know how it is going.

Thank you.
    Anyway is this working with appointment only? Or without appointment i can solve this? Lots of people said no need apppintment for this but i don't know how it is going.

You can request to close your account without an appointment, but you would however have to order and cash withdrawal for €5,000 or over. You can make that order in the link in the last message but you wouldn't need to make any appointment.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement