Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parasites.

Options
  • 10-07-2018 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

No - not a thread about Michael D Higgins, but about the hake fillets that the missus and I had for din-dins this evening.

Looked lovely and tasted great, but while eating them, I encountered the little worms shown below. Most of them seemed to be dead, although one may have wriggled once or twice before it gave up the ghost.

LINK (photo won't upload) https://ibb.co/cmKPRo

cmKPRo

Has anyone encountered them before; and am I likely to be dead by sunrise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

That's the mark of quality - nothing wriggling in yer dinner - they sold you farmed fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

gctest50 wrote: »

That's the mark of quality - nothing wriggling in yer dinner - they sold you farmed fish

Thanks for that, very good.

Although, as a keen sushi fan, I'm beginning to have second thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's karma for having a go at Michael D unnecessarily in a thread totally unrelated to politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That's karma for having a go at Michael D unnecessarily in a thread totally unrelated to politics.

+1 gratuitously offensive and totally uncalled for in a non-political forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

In which case surely it's reverse karma, seeing as the worms happened hours before the parasite reference!

Funny thing, reverse amrak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mr.S wrote: »

Yukk... As fish is so expensive anyways.. I assume fish fingers are OK? ;)

Advertisement