Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running cable and zoning

Options
  • 10-07-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been covered to great detail in the past but it's lost in the noise so here we go again.

Doing serious renovation to an old house. I'm replacing all the wiring throughout and as part of the process I will install an alarm as well. I'm running all the cable myself and I was wondering first of all, running alarm cable is done the same was as power cable in that you start furthest away with the cable and then you run to the second point in your zone, just leave a loop hanging out and keep going like that to the next point? Is that correct? It is my understanding but I just wanted to make sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If i were you if its a total refurb. Run a cable from every external door and all windows to were control panel is going mini 6 cores in each cable.run one cable to bellbox from panel mini 6 cores, 2 for internal siren. And one 6 core to pir detectors each. If panics 1 to each panic. And 1 cable from panel to router.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

From every window? Do you still zone them together or?
    It will make little difference to run one cable per window or door other than the cost of cable. In the grand scheme, nothing to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You can do back kitchen / dine on 1 loop. Do doors seprate. If it were my home i would do 1 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Ok, thank you. I'll do that.

Advertisement