Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Closure

Options
  • 10-07-2018 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, I would like to close my bank account, since I moved to Italy, but I have some problems. 
    I completed and sent the Account Closure Form, but the account is still open. I suppose you should contact me in order to verify the procedure, but this is my problem.
    I changed my address (as I said, I am in Italy now), but I also deactivated my mobile number. So there's no way for you to contact me. I tried to change my address information but I need the mobile phone to verify it. I tried to change my mobile phone info but I need address to verify it. 

What can I do to close my account? 

Thank you, Giorgio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

mgiorg90 wrote: »
    Hello, I would like to close my bank account, since I moved to Italy, but I have some problems. 
    I completed and sent the Account Closure Form, but the account is still open. I suppose you should contact me in order to verify the procedure, but this is my problem.
    I changed my address (as I said, I am in Italy now), but I also deactivated my mobile number. So there's no way for you to contact me. I tried to change my address information but I need the mobile phone to verify it. I tried to change my mobile phone info but I need address to verify it. 

What can I do to close my account? 

Thank you, Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

As you're address and phone number need to be changed, I'd ask you to call us on 0035314044000 and the advisers there will be able to look into the status of your account and give you all the best options in order to change your address and then look into closing this account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement