Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attachment pictures not opening

Options
  • 10-07-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭

I've noticed lately that when you click on an attachment link to open an image, it opens in a new window, but doesn't fully load and a page refresh is needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I've noticed lately that when you click on an attachment link to open an image, it opens in a new window, but doesn't fully load and a page refresh is needed
    I am noticing this as well, happening me since weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Odelay

Same here, only repeated refreshing does nothing. Only with linked images hosted on boards. On iPhone. Windows computer it's very slow to load, if it does at all. Tried this on many images over the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Seeing this also and another thing which I'm not sure is related but the navigation numbers at the bottom of thread pages on the touch site don't work until the page is refreshed.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this; it's an issue that we are aware of and looking into at the moment. It appears to only be happening within Chrome (does anyone have this experience in a different browser?).

@navi , I don't believe that is related. Could you clear your cache and report back if it's still happening please. If so, could you also let me know what browser and OS you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's happening for me on Opera too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Safari on iPad and iMac for me

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this; it's an issue that we are aware of and looking into at the moment. It appears to only be happening within Chrome (does anyone have this experience in a different browser?).

@navi , I don't believe that is related. Could you clear your cache and report back if it's still happening please. If so, could you also let me know what browser and OS you're using.

I cleared cache and it's still occurring.

Mark looking more at the touch issue it seems that the bottom navigation isn't working as expected. I thought they were not working at all but they do allow navigation if you press on the very top of the icon between the top of the number and the top edge. Bizarrely this only happens when logged in. If I visit the same threads when logged out the bottom navigation works as expected, you can press anywhere on the numbers or < or >.

To reproduce go to any multi page thread on touch and use the bottom navigation to go through the pages. The first or second page movement will work but then the subsequent ones have the issue I describe above.

I'm on Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (32-bit) on Android 7.0.0

Boards.ie Employee

The devs are working on a fix for the image issue.

@navi I'm afraid I can't replicate that myself. I'll flag it with the guys and hopefully we can get more reports to work out why it's happening and common factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ye same here Safari on High Sierra.

The devs are working on a fix for the image issue.

@navi I'm afraid I can't replicate that myself. I'll flag it with the guys and hopefully we can get more reports to work out why it's happening and common factors.

Thanks Mark. There's no rush as it's not a huge issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I can’t see any attached images on touch site. They don’t even load fully when I click the link. Is anyone else getting this?

0_A3_DEEEF_416_E_474_F_B946_3980802_A2_E93.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Ah, didn’t realise Help Desk had bug reporting.

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks, Will I Am Not. Merging reports to keep everything together and everyone updated once the fix goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Same here. Safari on iPad

Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

This issue should be resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Advertisement