If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a tv, please!

Options
  • 10-07-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase a new telly and while I know what I am looking for in general and have narrowed it down to a couple of choices, I would really value your opinion(s), please.

Due to space constrictions, it will have to be a 50", will mainly be used for streaming 720/1080/4K streams along with HD/SD live tv and downloaded content so a good motion processor and upscaling would be essential, yes? I mean, no point in the SD/720 content looking like a blurry mess...

I have narrowed it down to a couple of models, but, I don't want to sway or bias your opinion, so, if it was your money, what would you be spending your cash on? :D

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx

If you are restricted to Sub 50 inch then you just have to look at the Sammy 49MU7000 - it's a blow out deal and a 2017 TV but it's at a great price!

If you have larger budget then the new Sony Flagship KD49XF9005 is a complete stunner:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-401612.aspx

See the 65XF9005 review:
    https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kd-65xf9005/review

The Sony KD49XF9005 is currently £1299 / €1499 but I'm sure we could do you a Boardie deal ;)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi John,

Many thanks for such a speedy reply!

You must have read my mind with that Sony one, as it was in my top 3 selections! :D

I'd been doing a lot of research reading reviews and YouTube videos and the like, in the end there was just too much info and my head was melted! lol

Anyway, I had it narrowed down to between that, the new Samsung QLED and an OLED (but they don't seem to do any in that size). What would your thoughts be on that? Have you done much testing with the new Sony yet?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx

If you are restricted to Sub 50 inch then you just have to look at the Sammy 49MU7000 - it's a blow out deal and a 2017 TV but it's at a great price!

If you have larger budget then the new Sony Flagship KD49XF9005 is a complete stunner:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-401612.aspx

See the 65XF9005 review:
    https://www.whathifi.com/sony/kd-65xf9005/review

The Sony KD49XF9005 is currently £1299 / €1499 but I'm sure we could do you a Boardie deal ;)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Unfortunately OLED currently isn't an option for you as they start at 55"..

That XF9005 is completely stunning and a significant upgrade on the current 9005 series - I'd take it over the QLED every time ( and that's before you start to look at the Android OS which I love!)..

It's expensive but I it's actually excellent value!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John.

So, would you care to take this to PM in order to discuss payment, delivery, Boardsie deals etc., please? ;)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks John.

So, would you care to take this to PM in order to discuss payment, delivery, Boardsie deals etc., please? ;)
    Hey Bandmember just checking if you dropped John over a PM?

• Advertisement

I was waiting for him to get in touch with me to be honest, but I've just sent him a PM now - I can blame you! :P
    Thanks John.

I was waiting for him to get in touch with me to be honest, but I've just sent him a PM now - I can blame you! :P
    Thanks John.

Hopefully he should get back to you quickly enough :)

Fingers crossed as there's a bumper weekend of sport ahead that would look great on a new tv.....  ;)
    Thanks John.

Fingers crossed as there's a bumper weekend of sport ahead that would look great on a new tv.....  ;)
    Thanks John.

I'll see if I can give him a little nudge ;)

Thanks Kenny, a little gentle nudge of your elbow will hopefully do the trick.... ;)
    Thanks John.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, a little gentle nudge of your elbow will hopefully do the trick.... ;)
    Thanks John.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

Snipped by Mod

Snipped by Mod

Please take a moment to read the Charter, queries on this forum are for Richersounds to answer, opinion or advice from Boardies is not appropriate on this forum.

Ritz.

eireyiddo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase a new telly and while I know what I am looking for in general and have narrowed it down to a couple of choices, I would really value your opinion(s), please.

Due to space constrictions, it will have to be a 50", will mainly be used for streaming 720/1080/4K streams along with HD/SD live tv and downloaded content so a good motion processor and upscaling would be essential, yes? I mean, no point in the SD/720 content looking like a blurry mess...

I have narrowed it down to a couple of models, but, I don't want to sway or bias your opinion, so, if it was your money, what would you be spending your cash on? :D

Go
    Hey Eireiddo.

OP has already been looked after :cool:

Hi guys,

Go
    Eireyiddo,

thanks for the prod - I have now got back by PM to the OP - but to be fair to me I'm not always in the office and whilst we do our best to respond really quickly I can't guarantee response times..

ATVB,

John Mc 

Hi John,

I've replied to your PM.

Thanks again! :)

Makes zero sense. Still confused as to what this is all about. This is basically a PM we all see

Makes zero sense. Still confused as to what this is all about. This is basically a PM we all see
    Hi Eireyiddo.

John and the OP have been now dealing with the order via private message which are not displayed on the thread.

I'm a little confused, are you also interested in the same televisions original quoted for in post to of this thread?

I see that the prices of these TV's have dropped even further now! :D

I trust that the Boardsie's prices will also drop? ;)

Hi BandMember.

Apologies but which TV are you looking at as there are a few listed in this thread.

Unfortunately it does not always work that way with price drops. The price drop has most likely eat any margin that we were already working with to offer which ever boardie prices.
    Not all products can be discounted, it really depends on the margins we have to work with.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response - you must be sitting there hitting F5 constantly! :P

I had gone for the new Sony one that John recommended at the start of the thread and he gave me a couple of prices via PM last week.

I've been waiting for him to come back to me in regards to some measurements so that I can pull the trigger, but I completely understand that he's busy and know that he'll respond whenever he gets a chance.

Hi BandMember.

Apologies but which TV are you looking at as there are a few listed in this thread.

Unfortunately it does not always work that way with price drops. The price drop has most likely eat any margin that we were already working with to offer which ever boardie prices.
    Not all products can be discounted, it really depends on the margins we have to work with.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response - you must be sitting there hitting F5 constantly! :P

I had gone for the new Sony one that John recommended at the start of the thread and he gave me a couple of prices via PM last week.

I've been waiting for him to come back to me in regards to some measurements so that I can pull the trigger, but I completely understand that he's busy and know that he'll respond whenever he gets a chance.

Hi BandMember.

Hey BandMember.

John is away for a few days and mat not get to his PM's.

Do you want to send me the PM with the what measurements you require and I can get them for you.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your response. It's not a problem with John not responding, I kinda figured that he was away - I'd say he badly needs the break! :)

Anyway, I'll throw you on a PM now.

Thanks again!
    Hi Kenny,

Hi BandMember.

Hey BandMember.

John is away for a few days and mat not get to his PM's.

Do you want to send me the PM with the what measurements you require and I can get them for you.

Hey Bandmember.

Sent you a little post there :)

Thanks Kenny,

I've returned fire with a few little posts of my own.... :P

Thanks Kenny,

I've returned fire with a few little posts of my own.... :P
    Cheers Bandmember.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the lack of response and follow up, I've been up the walls with one thing or another! Anyway, I'm hoping to get this sale concluded shortly, but not sure which one of you to deal with now.... lol

So, chat amongst yerselves and decide which one sends me a PM.... :P :pac:

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Apologies for the lack of response and follow up, I've been up the walls with one thing or another! Anyway, I'm hoping to get this sale concluded shortly, but not sure which one of you to deal with now.... lol

So, chat amongst yerselves and decide which one sends me a PM.... :P :pac:

Thanks!
    Hi BandMember.

If you drop me the PM then I can look after you. John is not always in his office.

I've tried to work out which TV you are after from the thread but can't seem to see.

If you could let me know what it is you are after i can see hat pricing we can offer.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks very much for your swift response - I've sent you a PM now.

Let's see what pricing you can offer indeed!! :D 

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks very much for your swift response - I've sent you a PM now.

Let's see what pricing you can offer indeed!! :D 
    Hey BandMember.

I've replied to your post.

I'll check on pricing and revert back ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.