If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a tv, please!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

Thanks Kenny.

I got a phone call from Aaron explaining the situation, all good. Hopefully, we can get it all wrapped up in the next few days. I'll keep you posted anyway, thanks again for all your help with this.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny.

I got a phone call from Aaron explaining the situation, all good. Hopefully, we can get it all wrapped up in the next few days. I'll keep you posted anyway, thanks again for all your help with this.
    I'll keep my eye on this for you also BandMember.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭chainsawpaddy

Hello Richersounds,

Sorry for posting in the thread, but I was wondering if you could recommend a TV with a 55" screen and a dual/twin tuner.  It will be used to watch free to air, Saorview, stream TV and watch DVD's.

I watch TV about twice a week, and love watching documentaries and a mix of motorsport and field sports.  Can you please recommend a TV, as I'm not sure it would be worth me getting an OLED, QLED or if a UHD would be fine for what I watch.

I would not be able to collect from store, so please only recommend delivery options.  Budget in around €1000, but if you have something under budget you feel would meet what I want, all the better or if you have something slightly over budget worth the stretch I may be interested.  If you wish you can PM me for a number to discuss.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thanks,

Patrick. 

Hello Richersounds,

Sorry for posting in the thread, but I was wondering if you could recommend a TV with a 55" screen and a dual/twin tuner.  It will be used to watch free to air, Saorview, stream TV and watch DVD's.

I watch TV about twice a week, and love watching documentaries and a mix of motorsport and field sports.  Can you please recommend a TV, as I'm not sure it would be worth me getting an OLED, QLED or if a UHD would be fine for what I watch.

I would not be able to collect from store, so please only recommend delivery options.  Budget in around €1000, but if you have something under budget you feel would meet what I want, all the better or if you have something slightly over budget worth the stretch I may be interested.  If you wish you can PM me for a number to discuss.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thanks,

Patrick. 
    Hi Patrick.

OLED's would be the better TV at the minute but the cheapest is starting at £1299  or 1499 Euro
    Only Single tuner though.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8s-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

For a screen with a twin tuner you would be looking at the Panasonic 49FX750 priced at £899 or 999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203462-panasonic-tx49fx750b-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

In the QLED screens there is the 55Q7 priced at 1149 Euro (Twin Tuners)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203397-samsung-qe55q6fn-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-premium-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

Sony have the 55XF8577 priced at 999 Euro (Twin Tuners)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203210-sony-kd55xf8577-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know if any of the above might catch your eye.

There are not a lot of TV's with twin tuners at the moment.

Hi Kenny,

Just to update you that I'm still waiting for Sony to have someone to send out. Over the weekend and since then, the tv has taken to turning itself off completely at totally random times for no reason while the screen flashing/blinking issue is going on too (along with the others).

Now, I know that none of this is your (i.e. Richersounds) fault - looks like I just got a dodgy set, these things happen, no sweat. As long as it gets resolved (and I've no doubt that it will), I'm happy out.

Merely posting to keep you updated so that you know that the case is still open.

Regards,

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Just to update you that I'm still waiting for Sony to have someone to send out. Over the weekend and since then, the tv has taken to turning itself off completely at totally random times for no reason while the screen flashing/blinking issue is going on too (along with the others).

Now, I know that none of this is your (i.e. Richersounds) fault - looks like I just got a dodgy set, these things happen, no sweat. As long as it gets resolved (and I've no doubt that it will), I'm happy out.

Merely posting to keep you updated so that you know that the case is still open.

Regards,
    Hey BandMember.

Again I really am sorry you are having issues with your television.

I have marked you in my diary for tomorrow as Urgent to get the engineer out to you.
    I will make sure you get a call tomorrow with hopefully the day they will be out to you on.

Thanks Kenny (and cheers for the phone call this morning!), I'll keep you posted....

Thanks Kenny (and cheers for the phone call this morning!), I'll keep you posted....
    Hey Bandmember.

Just wanted to drop you a quick post to check if you have had a call yet?

Hi Kenny,

No, still no call from Sony.

Regards,

BM.

Hi Kenny,

No, still no call from Sony.

Regards,

BM.
    I really am sorry.

I'll see if I can get back onto our engineers.

Did Stephen not give you a call from Richersounds yesterday, just to keep you in the loop?

• Advertisement

Sorry, yes, I got a call from Stephen yesterday alright - no word from the engineers though, that's what I thought you were referring to.

Sorry, yes, I got a call from Stephen yesterday alright - no word from the engineers though, that's what I thought you were referring to.
    Hey Bandmember.

I was just checking that he had called you as I had asked him to drop you a call as I was off.

I'll call the repair guys myself on Monday and give off stink to them.

Thanks Kenny, but at this stage I think it's time to talk about a replacement. Yesterday alone, it kept turning itself randomly for no reason (including 4 times in the space of an hour at one point, very frustrating), so that along with the other issues, has led me to this conclusion. Not your fault - these things happen, but I've given up on this tv to be honest....

P.S. Can I PM you about something else, please?

Thanks Kenny, but at this stage I think it's time to talk about a replacement. Yesterday alone, it kept turning itself randomly for no reason (including 4 times in the space of an hour at one point, very frustrating), so that along with the other issues, has led me to this conclusion. Not your fault - these things happen, but I've given up on this tv to be honest....

P.S. Can I PM you about something else, please?
    Hi Bandmamber.

I really do apologise for this.

I will need to check if we can offer a replacement as normal procedure would be if a product is over 30 day old it needs to be a repair. Its around 75 at this point. I know that first faulty was reported around 2 weeks ago.

I'll check at this end and revert back.

Thanks Kenny.

The problems were reported as soon as they started happening (I had already been on about the mark on the screen, but something appears to have gone awry on that one).

To be honest, I just wanted it sorted at this point. I've given up on trying to sort it myself, just ended in frustration.

If you could let me know what the story is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks Kenny.

The problems were reported as soon as they started happening (I had already been on about the mark on the screen, but something appears to have gone awry on that one).

To be honest, I just wanted it sorted at this point. I've given up on trying to sort it myself, just ended in frustration.

Thanks.
    I fully understand Bandmember.

Leave this with me until tomorrow and I'll go off and see what I can get sorted for you.

Again I really do apologies for the issues you are having with your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Sorry for the hijack Snipped

Mod Comment

Please see the Charter, Queries here are for Richersounds to answer, Boardies opinions/advice is not appropriate here.

Ritz.

Thanks Kenny.

Thanks.

Leave this with me until tomorrow and I'll go off and see what I can get sorted for you.

Thanks again Kenny.

I actually got a call this evening from the engineer(s) to schedule an appointment. They were not impressed at having to call out to where I am. I appreciate that it's a fair distance, but I'd imagine that they have others to call to as well?

Also, when I questioned them as to what they would do when they called out, they said that they would run a few tests to check if it's a screen issue. I asked them what about the rest of the faults and they said that they didn't know of any other faults. When they called last time, I told them that I had e-mailed you with a list of faults and told them to get a copy of the e-mail from you guys. Now, I don't know whether they asked or not or whether you guys haven't sent it on, but it's a waste of time sending someone out if they don't know what they are calling out for, you know....

Anyway, see what you can do tomorrow and give me a call if you prefer.

Cheers!

Thanks Kenny.

Thanks.

Thanks again Kenny.

I actually got a call this evening from the engineer(s) to schedule an appointment. They were not impressed at having to call out to where I am. I appreciate that it's a fair distance, but I'd imagine that they have others to call to as well?

Also, when I questioned them as to what they would do when they called out, they said that they would run a few tests to check if it's a screen issue. I asked them what about the rest of the faults and they said that they didn't know of any other faults. When they called last time, I told them that I had e-mailed you with a list of faults and told them to get a copy of the e-mail from you guys. Now, I don't know whether they asked or not or whether you guys haven't sent it on, but it's a waste of time sending someone out if they don't know what they are calling out for, you know....

Anyway, see what you can do tomorrow and give me a call if you prefer.

Cheers!
    Morning Bandmember.

I've come back from battling on behalf of you and your faulty Sony and I would like to offer to replace it with a brand new one for you :D

Do you still have the original box for the faulty one per chance?

Kenny, you really are a superstar!! :D Thank you (and all the guys at RS) so much for all your help with this, you have no idea how much I appreciate everything you guys have done on this for me!

I do indeed have the original box, but it's been thrown out in the garage, so I don't know what shape it's in.... Sorry!! :o

Will Sony be delivering this one and setting it up or what's the story? Feel free to PM/e-mail/call me to finalise things.

@gizabeer: There really was no reason for you to hijack this thread as the issue was being dealt with. If you read back, you will see that my issue was with the tv itself - not the guys at RS. I got a faulty tv. That's life. These things happen.

For the record, the guys at RS (Kenny, Stephen and John) have gone above and beyond both on here and privately to resolve this as quickly and satisfactorily as possible. Their customer service is absolutely top quality and I can't speak highly enough of them all. John should be proud of his staff and the way they go about their business. From reading about them on Boards, it was the reason (along with their prices) that I decided to give them my business. From the way they have gone about things from day one, I can only say that I am very glad that I did and I would do so without hesitation again in the future, along with highly recommending them as the first port of call to anyone wishing to purchase anything they have in stock. Without wishing to offend or cause an argument, I feel that your post was out of line and critical of RS who are completely blameless in this instance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

gizabeer,

I've snipped your post on thus thread - the Charter for this forum makes clear that queries here are for Richersonds to answer, and that Boardies are not welcome to pitch in their opinion or advice on threads, save for the rare (and I mean rare) techical mystery.

BandMember,

Your response above is understandable and I'm leaving it in place as it explains why Boardies should leave these matters to RS.

All,

If you have a query which attracts an intervention of this kind, I'd welcome a PM, this one flew a little under the radar.

Ritz.

Kenny, you really are a superstar!! :D  Thank you (and all the guys at RS) so much for all your help with this, you have no idea how much I appreciate everything you guys have done on this for me!

I do indeed have the original box, but it's been thrown out in the garage, so I don't know what shape it's in.... Sorry!! :o

Will Sony be delivering this one and setting it up or what's the story? Feel free to PM/e-mail/call me to finalise things.

@gizabeer: There really was no reason for you to hijack this thread as the issue was being dealt with. If you read back, you will see that my issue was with the tv itself - not the guys at RS. I got a faulty tv. That's life. These things happen.

For the record, the guys at RS (Kenny, Stephen and John) have gone above and beyond both on here and privately to resolve this as quickly and satisfactorily as possible. Their customer service is absolutely top quality and I can't speak highly enough of them all. John should be proud of his staff and the way they go about their business. From reading about them on Boards, it was the reason (along with their prices) that I decided to give them my business. From the way they have gone about things from day one, I can only say that I am very glad that I did and I would do so without hesitation again in the future, along with highly recommending them as the first port of call to anyone wishing to purchase anything they have in stock. Without wishing to offend or cause an argument, I feel that your post was out of line and critical of RS who are completely blameless in this instance.
    Hey Bandmember.

Your too kind :o

I will drop you a call within the next 30 minutes to finalise things up.

I already added the replacement for shipping yesterday to get the ball rolling :D

Kenny,

Thanks again for your call earlier and for organizing both the replacement and delivery of the new set. As I've said before, absolute top notch customer service all round!

You can use me as a reference when you hit up John for your end of year bonus! :p

Regards,

BM.

Kenny,

Thanks again for your call earlier and for organizing both the replacement and delivery of the new set. As I've said before, absolute top notch customer service all round!

You can use me as a reference when you hit up John for your end of year bonus! :p

Regards,

BM.
    Hi BM,

Kenny's off today but thanks very much for your post!

You've been added to the reference list! :D

Kind regards

David

No problem David, happy to return the favour to you guys! :D 

In other good news, my new tv arrived yesterday - that was very fast!!

Unfortunately, I hadn't the other one packed up as I wasn't expecting the courier until Monday. Sorry about that guys. I packed it up last night and it's ready for collection now if you want to get in touch to sort out the details?

No problem David, happy to return the favour to you guys! :D 

In other good news, my new tv arrived yesterday - that was very fast!!

Unfortunately, I hadn't the other one packed up as I wasn't expecting the courier until Monday. Sorry about that guys. I packed it up last night and it's ready for collection now if you want to get in touch to sort out the details?
    Hey Bandmember.

That was quick :)

I was expecting it to be Monday myself so no worries on the faulty one not being ready.

I will get our courier to call back out at the start of the week to get the faulty one from you.

Hopefully you have the new one up and running and no issues.

Hi Kenny,

Just to confirm that the courier picked up the faulty tv this morning. One thing though, there was no prior notice or contact from them or arrangement made with them - they just made a blizzard of phonecalls at all hours this morning saying that they were at my house to collect it. Again, absolutely nothing got to do with RS, I'm just making you aware of the situation as I felt it was really bad form on their part.

Anyway, that's that sorted now - thanks again to you and all the guys at RS for all your help! :)

P.S. Can I PM you on a completely unrelated topic, please?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Band,

Apologies for this - I understood that you had agreed to have the unit collected today, Wednesday, as you didn't have a chance to get it ready when the last delivery arrived?

If you come back to me I'll escalate this to the senior management at the couriers to establish what has happened,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

No, I had made no arrangements with the courier at all - the driver who dropped off the new tv said that it would probably be Wednesday before he would be around my way again, but that was it. Never heard anything until the phone started hopping that morning when he was outside. I wasn't at home myself, but luckily there was someone here or else the faulty one would not have been collected. No biggie, just letting you know the situation.

Oh, and further to my previous posts, I am now ready to make my next purchase from you guys!! :DI've PM'd Kenny now with the details. As I said, you guys offer a top class service and I'm more than happy to give you my business whenever I can. :)

Hope you and all the RS staff have a great Christmas - thanks for all your help, you've all been fantastic!

Regards,

BM.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

No, I had made no arrangements with the courier at all - the driver who dropped off the new tv said that it would probably be Wednesday before he would be around my way again, but that was it. Never heard anything until the phone started hopping that morning when he was outside. I wasn't at home myself, but luckily there was someone here or else the faulty one would not have been collected. No biggie, just letting you know the situation.

Oh, and further to my previous posts, I am now ready to make my next purchase from you guys!! :DI've PM'd Kenny now with the details. As I said, you guys offer a top class service and I'm more than happy to give you my business whenever I can. :)

Hope you and all the RS staff have a great Christmas - thanks for all your help, you've all been fantastic!

Regards,

BM.
    Hi BM,

Thanks for letting us know, we'll bring this to our couriers to try to find out what happened.

Kenny is off today but I'll get back to your PM asap!

Thanks again BM!

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.