Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT ETB Panel Interview

Options
  • 10-07-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

I am an NQT (Art). I received an invite to interview for the etb panel. Does this mean I am not interviewing for a particular job but interviewing for potential substitute work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In theory, every job is a panel job because its purpose is to create a panel for the job you applied for. If no. 1 doesn't take it, then no. 2 gets offered it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cats1010

Hi The Driver,
    Thanks, it's just there was no job specified in the ad or on the interview invite, so I was just guessing they are making a kind of back up list. I am new to all of this..lots to learn. I probably will ring them in the morning to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think that's an interview for a job. Usually the substitute teacher panel is a separate specific substitute panel application form . Different ETB's could do it differently though. Ring and check.

I will ring in the morning, I had been firing out the applications so obviously missed something. Thanks☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Is it maybe an ETB that just places one ad for all subjects in all schools and interviews then from the pool of applicants as needed? In that case it would be for one or more jobs (could be RPT, maternity leave, career break or a mix) that won't be specified unless you're offered a position.

• Advertisement

That makes sense, the subject area was specified but not the job. I think this is likely, I will double check in the morning.
    Thanks☺

Turns out the interview is for the tutor panel and is not 'teaching position' I can't find anything about rate of pay or why this is not deemed a teaching position....

Did you fill in a tutor application form or a teacher application form? That's a mean trick if they got you for a tutor interview rather than teacher interview? That's a considerable pay difference.

It must have been the tutor panel application. I will hear what they have to say, and have a think about it. It's difficult to get the information. Thanks for the heads up though.

The TUI site has payscales on it if it's there. Not that tutoring might be a good experience but I think you could at least casually sub as a teacher and get paid more per hour. I wonder if it's an evening course they need a tutor for? You might be able to do both to keep you going. See what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ETB panels can be very different but just ring and ask, you're prob dealing with a HR employed who will answer any queries.

Advertisement