Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No word back from Dpp in 9 weeks

Options
  • 10-07-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I have made statement to garda 9 weeks ago as someone had put in a complaint..i was told that the file would go to Dpp and I may or may not hear back from them. Its been 9 weeks and I heard nothing.
    I don't kno what to do as the accusation is quite serious and I obviously told the truth to garda and went to a solicitor who advised me to carry on with life as accusations were nothing that could be proven and Dpp would not prosecute as it suffers from evidential difficulties, because the main witness has died. It's on my mind constantly and I'm just wondering how long does it take for Dpp to make decision and as I'm accused do i get correspondence from them or garda to say I'm not bern prosecuted...can i ring the detective that took my statement..where do i go from here as this waiting and worrying is taking its toll on me
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Same thread in the Legal Discussion forum which is the correct place so I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement