Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 10-07-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

I wish to dispute a ban from the Soccer Forum.

Out of the blue, with no warning, someone posted “Do not post here again”.

Their title did not say Moderator. There was no advance warning. There was no grounds for their post. I queried it on the basis of not knowing who they were.

The ban is unfair. The “ignoring the instructions of a moderator” charge isn’t fair as the moderator in question has hidden the fact that he/she is a moderator.

A one month ban is disproportionate and unfair.

There were no reasonable grounds for the “do not post here again” post and it’s a sneaky way to get people banned. What if I hadn’t seen the post? Then there’s an even worse “ignoring the instructions of a moderator” made-up charge. It isn’t a fair way to treat people.

Please reverse the ban; I had not done anything to deserve the informal ban which came out of the blue and bore no resemblance to any rule that I’ve ever seen. It was totally unfair on a number of levels.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi,

The first step in the DR is to attempt to resolve the issue with discussion with the moderator. Can you confirm to me if you have attempted to do that? Is not clear from the above if you have attempted to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Hi dudara,

I have indeed. He/she refused to accept my argument and then simply ignored my follow-up PM.

Many thanks,

AB

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask a CMod to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask a CMod to review.

Many thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi dudara,

I have indeed. He/she refused to accept my argument and then simply ignored my follow-up PM.

Many thanks,

AB
    The mod has advised that the follow-up PM you refer to was blank

Please re-engage with the mod as this appeal cannot proceed if you do not make a serious attempt to resolve it directly

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response from OP in over 3 weeks.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement