Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarettes at Longitude

Options
  • 11-07-2018 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Going to longitude this weekend,, bringing a box of cigs with me as I'm 16 so I can't buy them in there,, will they confiscate them off me if they find them or what's the story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Hopefully they do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Krgmc wrote: »
    Going to longitude this weekend,, bringing a box of cigs with me as I'm 16 so I can't buy them in there,, will they confiscate them off me if they find them or what's the story

I "think" it's only illegal to purchase tobacco products under the age of 16. Usage is not controlled. Maybe you'd be better asking in the Smoking forum https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=609

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Smokers are jokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Your sooooooo coooool.

Way to go.

I mean you are soooo coool you must piss ice cubes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They won't confiscate them.

Bring a few packs. Box of 20 won't last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

you are like a modern day James Dean, truly a rebel without a cause !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

FFS he's a kid asking will his smokes be confiscated, not looking for a health lecture.

Short answer - no. Stewards won't give a flying f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

RayCon wrote: »
    FFS he's a kid asking will his smokes be confiscated, not looking for a health lecture.

Short answer - no. Stewards won't give a flying f**k.

Exactly. Give him a break. You must all have known it all and been super sensible at 16. Bloody ridiculous posts in here.

To the OP, no they wont take them off you, enjoy the gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

FanadMan wrote: »
    I "think" it's only illegal to purchase tobacco products under the age of 16. Usage is not controlled. Maybe you'd be better asking in the Smoking forum https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=609

You must be 18 to buy tobacco products.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/checklists/checklist_at_what_age_can_i.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Be grand. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You'll be fine once you avoid the tobacco-stewards, and there's generally only like 1 or 2 undercover in total.
    No one else there will care.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Zulu wrote: »
    You'll be fine once you avoid the tobacco-stewards, and there's generally only like 1 or 2 undercover in total.
    No one else there will care.

Are they the same guys who ask "have you any skins?" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Krgmc wrote: »

Put them all in between two slices of bread, and eat them. You deserve it for smoking in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement