Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes in the GAA - super thread

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Are Dublin players getting paid?

Missed that.

Much as I would like it, we have no chance of winning the All Ireland. Your ignorance of hurling can be added to your considerable C
    V :)

Probably not for another few years.
    But time, money and population trends are on Dublin's side.
    In 5 years they will be at the top table, winning Leinsters, leagues and playing in AI finals from then on with regularity. At the same time traditional hurling counties like Offaly will remain in the doldrums, unable to get the leg up they badly need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

salmocab wrote: »
    You didn’t back it up, I know you think you did just like earlier where you claimed you knocked some claims out of the park. The top table is surely reserved for teams that are in with very good chances of making off with the trophy. Galway didn’t get knocked out because of one result. Yes Dublin have an excellent chance of getting to the last 6.
    Dublin hurling is doing well nothing more.

Ah is top 6 not the top table? Getting to the semi final of the league, knocking out last years beaten All Ireland finalists. There's not many top level teams in hurling but Dublin are one of them. Are Galway at the top table? Are Kilkenny?

There are so many hurling counties crying out for funding. Earlier in this thread, I posted a link showing a former Laois manager had the door slammed in his face when he went looking for financial assistance. Look at Offaly now down to the Cristy Ring. Counties like Carlow, Westmeath and Kerry have made great ground, what would they be able to do with proper structures and the finance to back it. Same with Antrim. There are other counties too on the edges. Another poster said Dublin were selected as the county to be promoted. I just don't see why? What makes Dublin a special case that deserves so much funding above everyone else?

Because as with the football, the GAA hope it will mean full houses in Croke Park for hurling matches involving Dublin, particularly in Leinster. As we have seen with the football, there may be full houses or large attendances for a few years and then interest dies off, not just in Dublin but other Leinster counties. The GAA are keen to promote Dublin so Dublin is the project team in both football and hurling.

The GAA leaders don't give a damn about smaller counties apart from the odd token gesture or comments. They care about money and filling Croke Park. What they fail to understand though is competitive championships and provincials fill Croke Park.

Because as with the football, the GAA hope it will mean full houses in Croke Park for hurling matches involving Dublin, particularly in Leinster. As we have seen with the football, there may be full houses or large attendances for a few years and then interest dies off, not just in Dublin but other Leinster counties. The GAA are keen to promote Dublin so Dublin is the project team in both football and hurling.

The GAA leaders don't give a damn about smaller counties apart from the odd token gesture or comments. They care about money and filling Croke Park. What they fail to understand though is competitive championships and provincials fill Croke Park.

It is such short term thinking. Wouldn't improving hurling in all the other counties boost attendances? Shouldn't the aim be to have as many as possible teams competing? I just don't get it. They did try to do the whole Croke Park thing with the Dublin hurlers as well. It just never kicked off. They have had a decent increase in attendances. I think there was something like 300 people at a game against Offaly in the early 00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Probably not for another few years.
    But time, money and population trends are on Dublin's side.
    In 5 years they will be at the top table, winning Leinsters, leagues and playing in AI finals from then on with regularity. At the same time traditional hurling counties like Offaly will remain in the doldrums, unable to get the leg up they badly need.

Offaly are not actually a "traditional hurling county" unless you think history began in 1980 :)

Never won anything until 1980 and that was down to a few great clubs, mainly Rynaghs who are even in Offaly terms way down.

Great achievement on their part. Same with Wexford, was traditional football county until 50s and Rathnure and Rackards and Wheeler and them boys came on scene. Created their own tradition.

you know nothing about Dublin hurling or hurling in general. We've been bottom feeders for generations. We keep going. nothing to do with your paranoid visions (great 80s band by
    the way :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

The issue i would have with that is that this means scaling back the progress that is being made in dublin and so kids wouldnt be getting the level of coaching they are now. I dont think that is a positive step.
    My own thinking would be
    A) pool the sponsorship money and use it to roll out that level of coaching across the country. Dublin dont really do any fundraising within the county themselves so they can easily pull up any shortfall.
    B) split dublin into 2 initially.
    C) as counties develop with the new coaching levels, work out what counties might be good candidates for amalgamation, and offer them that possibility.

What strikes me is people are saying football is dying. And yet, if you remove the artificial position dublin now hold from the equation, there are actually some interesting things going on. Roscommon, cavan, cork, donegal, meath and kildare have had some level of resurgence of late. While monaghan, tyrone, mayo and galway have suffered surprise losses. If it wasnt for the shadow of rhe financially doped dubs hanging overhead, this football championship would be classed as a really open, entertaining one. Ironic that the gaa were actually trying to develop the game with their painfully shortsighted dublin project...
    Yes i think that is one change I'd like to see implemented, sponsorship money should be pooled and divided equally, also the money that the GAA invested in dublin was definately needed, or else GAA was going to become a minority sport in our largest urban centre, not something the GAA should countenance. However the money that dublin generate should now be reinvested to fund other development projects, GAA in Belfast and Derry, limerickand other urban centres, fund hurling development plans in counties with proper plans in place such as Carlow, Westmeath, Laois, Kildare Kerry, Offaly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Beat them and knocked them out. They are clearly at the top table, highly likely to be into the last 6 at the very least this year. They beat Tipperary to get to the semi final of the league where they narrowly lost to Limerick.
    Why was Dublin the obvious place to go? Why do you think Dublin deserves special treatment?

Because Dublin has the population to sustain an investment to get new players playing hurling and they had the development plans to implement it, cant believe posters are getting annoyed over dublin hurlers making progress!
    As if its bad that we have a weaker hurling county progressing and making hurling a viable alternative sport for younsters to play! And all in our largest urban area, the more kids playing hurling the better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I hope to god the GDF spend currently going into Dublin hurling doesn't also lead to them becoming a monster that no-one can compete with. Otherwise it would destroy hurling in the same way it has football.

There's strong evidence ladies football has also been skewed in favour of Dublin, as we know GDF is used for coaching both boys and girls.

No other county can hope to compete with the GDF spend of Dublin, not even close.

The GAA have favoured Dublin for years now in the hope it would guarantee regular big crowds to help pay off Croke Park. Its backfired spectacularly with Leinster Croke Park attendances massively down.

Because, guess what, competitive matches attract crowds, not one sided demolitions. If only the top brass in the GAA could understand this!

I have regularly seen on these threads the historical figures in relation to GDF, most of the figures relate to the decade from 2005. Rarely do we see the current overall funding given to each county, adjusted for population. If someone had these overall figures, including funding from every source, it might help the discussion.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Because Dublin has the population to sustain an investment to get new players playing hurling and they had the development plans to implement it, cant believe posters are getting annoyed over dublin hurlers making progress!
    As if its bad that we have a weaker hurling county progressing and making hurling a viable alternative sport for younsters to play! And all in our largest urban area, the more kids playing hurling the better imo

No one is saying that improving the standards of hurling in Dublin is a bad thing, what people are asking is why just Dublin? Why were other counties left to rot while Dublin were given millions? How can that be justified?
    Getting more counties involved at the top level is a good thing! People are annoyed about the special treatment given to Dublin when kids in the rest of the country are just as important. So the question that should be asked is; why are some people opposed to a fair system of funding for all?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have regularly seen on these threads the historical figures in relation to GDF, most of the figures relate to the decade from 2005. Rarely do we see the current overall funding given to each county, adjusted for population. If someone had these overall figures, including funding from every source, it might help the discussion.

What you're saying here is that Dublin had a full decade head start on everybody else, a decade where they were receiving on average 1.5 million yearly in games development money alone. For most of that decade nearly every other county were getting 100,000 or less, sometimes as low as 40,000.
    You want to ignore this decade and focus on the past few years where Dublin are still receiving huge sums but the others have been given more too. In doing this you hope to muddy the waters and downplay the obscene level of financial backing Dublin have accrued from our pockets.

• Advertisement

No one is saying that improving the standards of hurling in Dublin is a bad thing, what people are asking is why just Dublin? Why were other counties left to rot while Dublin were given millions? How can that be justified?
    Getting more counties involved at the top level is a good thing! People are annoyed about the special treatment given to Dublin when kids in the rest of the country are just as important. So the question that should be asked is; why are some people opposed to a fair system of funding for all?

Let us look again at what happened.

Dublin GAA identified an issue that had national implications for the GAA - growing new population centres that had no access to the GAA, where the games were not being developed among young children with consequential lifetime implications for the GAA, but also for the health of young children. A detailed plan was constructed and submitted to government and the GAA, with funding being subsequently provided by both bodies.

The questions are:

(1) Can other counties identify similar new population centres which do not have access to the GAA? Possibly, Cork and Limerick look like places that could, while others such as Leitrim, Mayo etc. would be unlikely to do so. The North could also argue for such development funding to spread the games into new areas, though that could be very politically sensitive.

(2) Have these counties developed detailed plans that would address the issues that have been identified? Not that we have seen on these threads anyway.

(3) Should government and GAA money be allocated to these plans? I don't think there is a single Dublin or any GAA supporter who would object to money being allocated if the questions in (1) and (2) were sufficiently addressed.

The issue of funding comes down to whether you believe that funding should be allocated to spread the GAA into non-traditional areas and new population centres and target it at juvenile participation, or whether the funding should be allocated to give counties like Mayo and Tyrone a better chance at winning the All-Ireland.

If the objective of any exercise is a more competitive All-Ireland series, then the focus needs first to be on the lop-sided nature of the provincial series, particularly the contrast between the Munster and Ulster championships, and secondly on the need to amalgamate counties to make them competitive. Funding discussions distract from the hard choices.

If the objective of any exercise is a more competitive All-Ireland series, then the focus needs first to be on the lop-sided nature of the provincial series, particularly the contrast between the Munster and Ulster championships, and secondly on the need to amalgamate counties to make them competitive. Funding discussions distract from the hard choices.

Why am I not surprised as a Dubliner you aren't interested in redistributing funds to weaker counties?

Dublin got massive funds, we all know that. That has to stop. We all know that too.

Clean slate, start again, equal GDF per registered player. No more nonsense about how Dublin needs more per registered player because they want to build a new clubhouse to cater for the teaming thousands of players, or because Jonny in Ballymun might take up rugby if he isn't catered for.

As long as Dublin receive at least 10 times the GDF funding per player as other counties, questions will remain about the fairness of the competition, big questions. I wouldn't be one to put an asterix beside a teams achievements, but I can understand why others would. I like others fully understand the lop sided nature of the competition and the advantages enjoyed by Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Clean slate, start again, equal GDF per registered player

*Facepalm*

Let us look again at what happened.

Dublin GAA identified an issue that had national implications for the GAA - growing new population centres that had no access to the GAA, where the games were not being developed among young children with consequential lifetime implications for the GAA, but also for the health of young children. A detailed plan was constructed and submitted to government and the GAA, with funding being subsequently provided by both bodies.

The questions are:

(1) Can other counties identify similar new population centres which do not have access to the GAA? Possibly, Cork and Limerick look like places that could, while others such as Leitrim, Mayo etc. would be unlikely to do so. The North could also argue for such development funding to spread the games into new areas, though that could be very politically sensitive.

(2) Have these counties developed detailed plans that would address the issues that have been identified? Not that we have seen on these threads anyway.

(3) Should government and GAA money be allocated to these plans? I don't think there is a single Dublin or any GAA supporter who would object to money being allocated if the questions in (1) and (2) were sufficiently addressed.

The issue of funding comes down to whether you believe that funding should be allocated to spread the GAA into non-traditional areas and new population centres and target it at juvenile participation, or whether the funding should be allocated to give counties like Mayo and Tyrone a better chance at winning the All-Ireland.

That's not what happened.

The Strategic Review Committee gave recommendations to invest in Dublin, they also recommended splitting Dublin. Dublin GAA only wanted the money part and luckily they had Bertie in power at that time from their point of view. The scheme to fund Dublin was drawn up and the GAA viewed it as an investment. Increasing the standards in Dublin will increase attendances and revenue. An extremely short term strategy as we can see now. Even Dublin people don't bother going to games anymore.

1. Why do you think kids in 31 counties are less important than Dublin kids? Why not fund every county fairly?

2. Plans were drawn up but any approach to Croke Park was rejected. Hurling counties were begging for money, to appease them the GAA said they'd help counties like Westmeath, Carlow, Antrim, Laois, Kerry. They threw them a pitiful amount and added Offaly into the scheme.

3. Oh, that's so magnanimous of you! Dublin fans will be happy to throw others a few scraps after receiving millions upon millions of euro from our pockets. But only if conditions set down by you are met of course.

The issue comes down to whether you believe in fair play and an opportunity for all counties to operate on an equal footing or whether you believe some counties deserve special treatment. There is no justification for bankrolling one county at the expense of all the rest. Until that is tackled, any restructuring of championships and fixtures can come then.

Why am I not surprised as a Dubliner you aren't interested in redistributing funds to weaker counties?

Dublin got massive funds, we all know that. That has to stop. We all know that too.

Clean slate, start again, equal GDF per registered player. No more nonsense about how Dublin needs more per registered player because they want to build a new clubhouse to cater for the teaming thousands of players, or because Jonny in Ballymun might take up rugby if he isn't catered for.

As long as Dublin receive at least 10 times the GDF funding per player as other counties, questions will remain about the fairness of the competition, big questions. I wouldn't be one to put an asterix beside a teams achievements, but I can understand why others would. I like others fully understand the lop sided nature of the competition and the advantages enjoyed by Dublin.

The reason I am not interested in redistributing funds earmarked for the development of juvenile participation in new population centres to weaker counties is because the need for the funds for that purpose hasn't been identified.

Equal GDF per registered player does not address the key reason for the funding - spreading the game.

A village that has given every child and adult an opportunity to be involved in GAA by definition doesn't need development funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Equal gdf per player and any kind of equal funding is nonsense. Funding should be targeted at specific uses, if county boards are just cut cheques some will spend it well and some will waste it on glorious training centers so they can show their grandkids that they built that. The money needs to be targeted at getting kids playing firstly and getting them good coaching.
    If you pay per head then there is no incentive for badly run boards to do any better.

The reason I am not interested in redistributing funds earmarked for the development of juvenile participation in new population centres to weaker counties is because the need for the funds for that purpose hasn't been identified.

Equal GDF per registered player does not address the key reason for the funding - spreading the game.

A village that has given every child and adult an opportunity to be involved in GAA by definition doesn't need development funding.

The development money is spent mostly on paid coaches. Every single county needs paid coaches. They need them in schools and in clubs, they need them identifying talent for elite development also. Basically, every county needs a replica of the Dublin system, why some people think the children in Dublin are more deserving has yet to be answered.

1. Why do you think kids in 31 counties are less important than Dublin kids? Why not fund every county fairly?

2. Plans were drawn up but any approach to Croke Park was rejected. Hurling counties were begging for money, to appease them the GAA said they'd help counties like Westmeath, Carlow, Antrim, Laois, Kerry. They threw them a pitiful amount and added Offaly into the scheme.

3. Oh, that's so magnanimous of you! Dublin fans will be happy to throw others a few scraps after receiving millions upon millions of euro from our pockets. But only if conditions set down by you are met of course.

The issue comes down to whether you believe in fair play and an opportunity for all counties to operate on an equal footing or whether you believe some counties deserve special treatment. There is no justification for bankrolling one county at the expense of all the rest. Until that is tackled, any restructuring of championships and fixtures can come then.

Sounds like we need to scrap all County Boards except the DCB, and put them in charge of everything. They seem to be the only people capable of effecting change within the GAA.

I'm good with this idea, we could trial it in Leinster first.

Why some people think the children in Dublin are more deserving has yet to be answered.

Why do the DCB think this? It's their job, literally.
    Why do the GAA think this? Question for the wider audience. Why do you think this?

Equal gdf per player and any kind of equal funding is nonsense. Funding should be targeted at specific uses, if county boards are just cut cheques some will spend it well and some will waste it on glorious training centers so they can show their grandkids that they built that. The money needs to be targeted at getting kids playing firstly and getting them good coaching.
    If you pay per head then there is no incentive for badly run boards to do any better.

I've got an idea! How about we appoint a Strategic Program Manager? We pay him well and we have regional development officers, hurling development officers etc as well. Of course, we pay these nicely too. These of course have targets and standards to reach. Then we'd remove the risk of giving money to sub standard county boards.
    Oh wait, this has been done! The Dublin County Board couldn't get their house in order. All these officials were appointed and vast sums of money was invested into their structures. How has that worked out do you know?

• Advertisement

Jaden wrote: »
    Sounds like we need to scrap all County Boards except the DCB, and put them in charge of everything. They seem to be the only people capable of effecting change within the GAA.

I'm good with this idea, we could trial it in Leinster first.

Dublin County Board were doing such a bad job that the GAA set up committees to form recommendations in how to save them! They then invested millions upon millions of euros.

That's not what happened.

The Strategic Review Committee gave recommendations to invest in Dublin, they also recommended splitting Dublin. Dublin GAA only wanted the money part and luckily they had Bertie in power at that time from their point of view. The scheme to fund Dublin was drawn up and the GAA viewed it as an investment. Increasing the standards in Dublin will increase attendances and revenue. An extremely short term strategy as we can see now. Even Dublin people don't bother going to games anymore.

The Strategic Review Committee in 2002 put forward ideas. They were not acted upon at the time. It was several years later that the Dublin County Board plan was produced that delivered the funding. You are confusing the two issues.

Where did I say that kids in 31 counties are less important than Dublin kids.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-receive-e15-million-more-than-any-other-county-in-games-development-grants-over-the-last-decade-149534

"In 2016, Dublin received €1.46 million - approximately 14% - of the total figure of €10.14 million that the GAA distributed to fund games development in counties."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_counties_by_population

Dublin has 20.5% of the population on this island.

It is arguable therefore, on the basis of the 2016 figures, that Dublin children are being treated less favourably by the GAA than the children of other counties. This ties in with what I have repeatedly said was the tailing off of funding to Dublin over the last few years.

No evidence has ever been produced on these threads to back up this statement. People are able to dig into old websites of Dublin clubs to find old accounts of the Dublin County Board, but never have we seen sight nor sound of these detailed incredible plans to develop the game in other counties.

The conditions - develop the game in new population centres - were the ones that Dublin had to meet to get their funding. Why would the government set different reasons for others?

I do believe in an opportunity for all counties to operate on an equal footing. That is why I have said others should meet the conditions that Dublin had to meet to get funding - that is fair. That is also why I want to see a restructuring of the provincial system and the amalgamation of counties to ensure that there is an equal opportunity for all players to win an All-Ireland.

Funding for the development of the GAA in new population centres has very little, if anything, to do with ensuring a competitive All-Ireland championship.

As for the special treatment, see above, since at least 2016, Dublin has been getting less funding for development than the population deserves.

Why do the DCB think this? It's their job, literally.
    Why do the GAA think this? Question for the wider audience. Why do you think this?

Every single county board's job is to look after their own structures and development. It's the GAA's job to look after the structures and development of all counties. Why they focused on Dublin only has been explained, why that was completely wrong has been explained, why some people think ignoring the development of children in 31 counties was a good thing has not been explained.

The development money is spent mostly on paid coaches. Every single county needs paid coaches. They need them in schools and in clubs, they need them identifying talent for elite development also. Basically, every county needs a replica of the Dublin system, why some people think the children in Dublin are more deserving has yet to be answered.

The 2016 figures that I linked to earlier show that this is actually happening now.

Dublin only got 14% of the funding for 20% of the population.

If the money is being wasted by those counties e.g. white elephant training centres , nothing that you or I can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I've got an idea! How about we appoint a Strategic Program Manager? We pay him well and we have regional development officers, hurling development officers etc as well. Of course, we pay these nicely too. These of course have targets and standards to reach. Then we'd remove the risk of giving money to sub standard county boards.
    Oh wait, this has been done! The Dublin County Board couldn't get their house in order. All these officials were appointed and vast sums of money was invested into their structures. How has that worked out do you know?

So your saying this structure didn’t work and it was DCBs fault? Your all over the place with blaming Dublin on everything it’s difficult to keep up.

*Facepalm*

And again.

Zero interest in a level playing field or even the remotest possibility of anything close from a Dublin supporter. What a surprise!

Talk of amalgamating counties is the biggest non runner I have heard. It would destroy the entire fabric of the football AI and kill the competition entirely. No-one would support Sligo-Leitrim, or Carlow-Laois, no-one. And they still wouldn't come close to competing with a Dublin who sucks up massive GDF funds.

Rather than the fair solution of redistributing funds, some Dublin supporters would rather ruin the competition entirely.

The Strategic Review Committee in 2002 put forward ideas. They were not acted upon at the time. It was several years later that the Dublin County Board plan was produced that delivered the funding. You are confusing the two issues.

Where did I say that kids in 31 counties are less important than Dublin kids.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-receive-e15-million-more-than-any-other-county-in-games-development-grants-over-the-last-decade-149534

"In 2016, Dublin received €1.46 million - approximately 14% - of the total figure of €10.14 million that the GAA distributed to fund games development in counties."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_counties_by_population

Dublin has 20.5% of the population on this island.

It is arguable therefore, on the basis of the 2016 figures, that Dublin children are being treated less favourably by the GAA than the children of other counties. This ties in with what I have repeatedly said was the tailing off of funding to Dublin over the last few years.

No evidence has ever been produced on these threads to back up this statement. People are able to dig into old websites of Dublin clubs to find old accounts of the Dublin County Board, but never have we seen sight nor sound of these detailed incredible plans to develop the game in other counties.

The conditions - develop the game in new population centres - were the ones that Dublin had to meet to get their funding. Why would the government set different reasons for others?

I do believe in an opportunity for all counties to operate on an equal footing. That is why I have said others should meet the conditions that Dublin had to meet to get funding - that is fair. That is also why I want to see a restructuring of the provincial system and the amalgamation of counties to ensure that there is an equal opportunity for all players to win an All-Ireland.

Funding for the development of the GAA in new population centres has very little, if anything, to do with ensuring a competitive All-Ireland championship.

As for the special treatment, see above, since at least 2016, Dublin has been getting less funding for development than the population deserves.

No, I'm not. One led to the other, this was a move designed in GAA HQ.

By defending the obscene level of funding for Dublin, you are supporting the lack of funding for the rest. And as I pointed out in an earlier post, you want to forget the decade where Dublin were getting 1.5 million each year while every other county were getting pittance. No surprise.

Already has there been a link to a former Laois manager stating that the door was slammed in his face and also the fact that these plans would not be widely available. Only one Dublin County Board annual account was released. The Dubs are mad at St Sylvesters for this.

Why do the others have to wait 14 years to get the same treatment as Dublin?

Your posts show that you don't support equal treatment for all. The funding for Dublin included an elite player pathway. This has led to a huge increase in standards across the board in Dublin. They received multiples of what other counties received. The others were all on about an equal amount. Dublin far, far ahead.

The 2016 figures that I linked to earlier show that this is actually happening now.

Dublin only got 14% of the funding for 20% of the population.

If the money is being wasted by those counties e.g. white elephant training centres , nothing that you or I can do about it.

Dublin received 20 million from between 2005 and now. Did Cork and Antrim receive 10 million? Nowhere near. If you want to talk about facilites and stadiums, then the inbalance gets worse in favour of Dublin!

Dublin supporters like you will always find a reason not to redistribute funds.

They'd rather see counties like Offaly sink into oblivion than help them out.

I'm convinced now that the GAA are Dublin supporters in the main, if here is anything to go by and as such are determined to keep up the status quo of 270 euro per registered player in Dublin while most other counties make do with around 20 or 25.

Lads, the football AI is finished, ruined by the GAA and Dublin. Its become the equivalent of WWF, rigged and preordained. A once worthwhile competition rendered utterly meaningless though financial rigging in favour of one county.

The Leinster final attendance is predicted to be about 40,000 this year. It was 62,000 the last time Meath were involved. The GAA really have been successful in killing the goose that laid the golden egg. They haven't the skills to run a corner shop let alone administer our national sport.

• Advertisement

So your saying this structure didn’t work and it was DCBs fault? Your all over the place with blaming Dublin on everything it’s difficult to keep up.

You misunderstood my post completely.

Advertisement