Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any park & ride places in Lucan?

• 11-07-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on somewhere to park to allow me access a bus stop in Lucan that is served by a number of buses to and from the city centre.
    It looks like the 25, 66s and 67s serve some of the same stops. Is there any parking near one of these stops?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Parking around Lucan is pretty limited, there's no dedicated park and ride for sure. There's a small carpark (Sluice carpark) at the entrance to the park, opposite McDonalds, that is close to a bus stop and I think is free. It wouldn't be suitable for using daily for commuting purposes, but for occasional use it should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Parking around Lucan is pretty limited, there's no dedicated park and ride for sure. There's a small carpark (Sluice carpark) at the entrance to the park, opposite McDonalds, that is close to a bus stop and I think is free. It wouldn't be suitable for using daily for commuting purposes, but for occasional use it should do the trick.

Thanks for that. I was hoping there might be one more suitable for daily commuting.
    I heard one might be getting created as part of the Bus Connects plan somewhere near exit 5 of the M4 which would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Not quite Lucan, but Liffey Valley? Bus stop along N4 has all of those bus routes and is within walking distance from car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

There's also some limited parking on the old Lucan Road opposite Liffey Valley, on the way into King's Hos. It seems to be popular for park and ride.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Thanks so much for all of the replies. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

A very limited car park for visiting St. Catherine's park - please avoid all day parking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

What about the Tesco carpark at Hillcrest, Lucan? Short walk to bus stops in both directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Adamstown train station? The 25B stops there if that's any use to you. Everyone parks in the disabled spaces on the road and not the actual car park though, I think the construction crew close the car park up at night. Not sure why. Bit of a ghost town around there.

Advertisement