Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deals for combined electric/gas suppliers at present?

Options
  • 11-07-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, currently out of contract and am thinking of switching to someone else.

Currently with BG level pay. Both gas and electric.

Would be interested in a smart thermostat included in a deal.

Was going to stay with BG, but renewed contract in May, its now July and they 'forgot' about my hive, and want to look at getting me an installation date, but only because I bothered my backside calling and asking where the hell it was.

I found they forgot to add other stuff last year too only I enquired, (Tesco points etc)

So basically, if anyone knows of any other deals, at a better rate, I'd appreciate some feedback.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bonkers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

ted1 wrote: »
    Bonkers.ie

I tried to switch through bonkers.ie. they had a special bordgais dual fuel discount available to bonker.ie users only but somehow it wasnt honnoured and set up gas account only. Noticed only after cooloff period of 28 days. Contacted them a couple of times but it wasnt sorted. Bord gais cannot offer the same discount.
    Now im stuck with a contract i did not agree with and looks like theres nothing i can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mike3549 wrote: »
    I tried to switch through bonkers.ie. they had a special bordgais dual fuel discount available to bonker.ie users only but somehow it wasnt honnoured and set up gas account only. Noticed only after cooloff period of 28 days. Contacted them a couple of times but it wasnt sorted. Bord gais cannot offer the same discount.
    Now im stuck with a contract i did not agree with and looks like theres nothing i can do

They do let you check your order before you confirm.
    You would have also received emails / letters from BG outlining what you signed up to.

Advertisement