Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting a timer to an Ideal Logic System boiler

• 11-07-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I presume any analogue electric timer can be fitted to the above boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Hi,

I presume any analogue electric timer can be fitted to the above boiler?

Correct,you will ned an RGI for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got it done, didn't seem to be an issue to trade. Bypassed a builtin analog timer

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got it done, didn't seem to be an issue to trade. Bypassed a builtin analog timer

It’s still classed as gas works which makes it illegal.

It is possible to damage the boiler and it’s quite common for professionals to blow up the pcb board which unfairness is less likely to happen to a diyer (if it was legal) because their more likely to read the fitting instructions which come with colour pictures :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got an electrician to do it on day the plumber rgi registered came. What I meant was that it didn't seem a big deal to them

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got an electrician to do it on day the plumber rgi registered came. What I meant was that it didn't seem a big deal to them

Forgive me I read it wrong and your right it is easy it’s just a switch but external controls are the biggest installation defect I have to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Some plumbers have great difficulty in understanding the volt free connection in a gas boiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Jennehy wrote: »
    Some plumbers have great difficulty in understanding the volt free connection in a gas boiler.

As do plenty of electricians.

Jennehy wrote: »

It’s been around for 30 years so they better start reading the manual that comes with the boiler it has colour pictures :D

Advertisement