Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Lukes

Options
  • 11-07-2018 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and gf hope to move to Cork in next 18 months or so from Dublin. Sick of the rat race / traffic and buying a house here is a non-runner.

Currently live near Monkstown in Dublin and love the Georgian / Victorian style terraced cottages and houses around here. There seems to be a few decent houses of similar style coming on the market in St Lukes / Montennotte areas for 100k less (at least). Would these be decent for young couple (mid 30s, no kids) who like the trappings of 'urban' lifestyle? I know they're walkable to city centre, and with Marina Park and docklands, Horgans Quay etc etc in the pipeline I think it could be a real alternative to 'SoCoDu'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lovely area.
    Very suited for a young urban couple.
    Good food shop. Nice pub. OK wine bar. Live arts/music venue. Chipper. Butcher.

I'd prefer St Luke's to Montenotte, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Been looking at St Luks area for houses over the last year ; its a lovely area - houses for sale are limited and on high end price wise - Do uppers are close to 280 - 300k asking ; anything decent will be well over that … also certain areas are limited with regards parking so keep that in mind if you coming with 2 cars !!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I live in St. Lukes with my gf, both in our mid 30's. We're currently renting but looking to buy in the area. St Lukes really does feel as it has a soul. I've lived all over Cork city and it's probably my favourite area.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

100k or less !!!!!!
    For an actual house ?
    In Saint Likes.

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tom44 wrote: »
    100k or less !!!!!!
    For an actual house ?
    In Saint Likes.

I wish.

Read it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Love St Lukes. Would be one of the places that I'd be looking at to buy myself. Unfortunately there wouldn't be a huge number of houses that go up for sale there.

A family member was bidding on a house there about a year ago and it went way above the asking price. A collegue of mine got a bargain there in 2012. 3 bed house on Gardiners Hill that cost about 250K...very jealous.

Advertisement