Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox VLC plugin problem

Options
  • 11-07-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I am unable to view embeded mp4 videos in the latest (v52) firefox browser. Other video file types play fine using the VLC web plugin. The plugin is not listed as an option in Tools > Options > Applications > Dropdown list.

It is available for other filetypes - "use vlc web plugin (in firefox)". For mp4 files it gives "use vlc media player (default)". This causes the file to download to temp then open in VLC player.

Anyone any idea how I could make firefox use the VLC plugin for embeded mp4 files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

the latest (v52) firefox browser

v52 the latest?
    I am using v61

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

v52 the latest?
    I am using v61

Same here - v61.01

Maybe you need to update FireFox OP. And update VLC as well. One could be out of date with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I uninstalled Quick Time and the VLC plugin became available to select as the mp4 player in Firefox.

Still not playable in the original window though, opens a new one. Will try and fix that.

Advertisement