Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay

Options
  • 11-07-2018 1:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any sign of Apple Pay being supported by BOI anytime soon? Either debit or credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

eeloe wrote: »
    Is there any sign of Apple Pay being supported by BOI anytime soon? Either debit or credit card?
    HAHA... No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi eeloe

Thanks for your interest in mobile payments, we've not been advised of any immediate plans to introduce phone payments.

If this is to change in the future we'll certainly let customers know across our social media channels.

Thanks again for your interest,

Alison

Hi eeloe

Thanks for your interest in mobile payments, we've not been advised of any immediate plans to introduce phone payments.

If this is to change in the future we'll certainly let customers know across our social media channels.

Thanks again for your interest,

Alison

Reati wrote: »
    HAHA... No.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 festerhavok

KBC have had this feature since March 2017 and AIB have had this feature since July 2017.. I asked the same question to 365 online early September to be told

"Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk. We are not aware of any immediate plans to implement Apple Pay or Android Play but as soon as an update is available, this will be publicly communicated. "

Can we get a real answer from BOI when they plan to implement this? I've been with BOI for over 15 years and always paid my high "notified fees". It would be great if some of that could be put to better use!

KBC have had this feature since March 2017 and AIB have had this feature since July 2017.. I asked the same question to 365 online early September to be told

"Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk. We are not aware of any immediate plans to implement Apple Pay or Android Play but as soon as an update is available, this will be publicly communicated. "

Can we get a real answer from BOI when they plan to implement this? I've been with BOI for over 15 years and always paid my high "notified fees". It would be great if some of that could be put to better use!
    Move to KBC. I did, took a few days. All sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

While I didn’t want the hassle of changing banks completely, I did what Apple Pay. It’s a complete joke that BOI don’t offer it.

I opened an online account with N26 specifically to use Apple Pay and haven’t looked back.

Even their app is miles ahead of the BOI one.

We expect to integrate phone payments in the future," a spokesman for the bank told Independent.ie.

"However we are not in a position to confirm timings"

Nothing new there. That's the same message they have been giving on this. It's like saying I expect to take a ****e later but I'm not in a position to confirm when it'll happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Boi are putting a huge investment into technology over the next couple of years and expect to be a technology leader. 

That's what they are saying to shareholders anyway 

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Boi are putting a huge investment into technology over the next couple of years and expect to be a technology leader. 

Oh sure, the best way to catch up in technology is to be years behind your smallest competitor. This big migration we all hear about has been going on for years so the troops on the ground tell me. I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Been with BOI about 23 years at this stage, if they don't get the finger out with Apple pay I'll be following suit and leaving too. 

Been with BOI about 23 years at this stage, if they don't get the finger out with Apple pay I'll be following suit and leaving too. 
    Seriously. It's not as painful as people think. You can have both open till you are fully over too. 

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

Still no word on this from Bank of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

CeilingFly wrote: »

Getting their phone app to work properly would be a decent first step

• Registered Users Posts: 13 festerhavok

It sounds like vaporware from BOI.. I never heard of N26, looks promising and will do a bit of homework on it.. 

Thanks Adox!

Advertisement