Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating Foreigners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Most chubsters have very good facial muscle tone. You just can't see it under all the fat

All that chewing.

An example of that wonderful Irish wit, I suppose:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

I'm not trying to even be alt and bash on everything Ireland, I've lived away and miss Ireland and Irish ways but I just never got the humour thing as a unique selling point of the Irish character. People are funny everywhere in their own ways. I personally found the Dutch to be extremely funny, it's very American TV inspired humour but irl works very well with their accents. What's so good about Irish humour? I think Irish people have good fun loving spirit(in general) but it's different from humour. Take the Euros and the fans there, singing 'Our father' to a nun, it's not the worst craic but not exactly hilarious when you actually think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,269 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

An example of that wonderful Irish wit, I suppose:rolleyes:

Well done. A biscuit for you :p

shakeitoff wrote: »
    I'm not trying to even be alt and bash on everything Ireland, I've lived away and miss Ireland and Irish ways but I just never got the humour thing as a unique selling point of the Irish character. People are funny everywhere in their own ways. I personally found the Dutch to be extremely funny, it's very American TV humour but irl works very well with their accents.

Who is the current miss Ireland btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Who is the current miss Ireland btw?

It’s probably a man, the way things are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I've gone out with both Irish women and foreign women over the years, one thing I've noticed is the foreign ladies expect the man to pay for everything where as the Irish gal isn't afraid to open her purse and go halves or pay every every second night out.

It's also bullsh1t saying Irish women are all ugly looking, go to the pubs in any city here and there are lot's of fine looking Irish ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Bleedin foredeners coming in and taking our men

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In my vast experience of planet Earth, I've come to the conclusion that without exception everyone on this thread is talking bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I actually have a date with a Brazilian girl tomorrow. Texting her awhile, we matched on tinder.

She is drop deal gorgeous, I’m even slightly nervous! South American women are beautiful but not sure what to expect, I’m very Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fxotoole wrote: »
    Bleedin foredeners coming in and taking our men

Let them! Then ugly fekcers like me might actually have some kinda hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

theballz wrote: »
    I actually have a date with a Brazilian girl tomorrow. Texting her awhile, we matched on tinder.

She is drop deal gorgeous, I’m even slightly nervous! South American women are beautiful but not sure what to expect, I’m very Irish!
    Don't view being 'very Irish' as a negative.

To her you're exotic looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Don't view being 'very Irish' as a negative.

To her you're exotic looking.

By very Irish I mean my sense of humor and wit. Not sure she’ll get it - let’s see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Brazilian women love us. My Brazilian wife loves just how Irish and milky white I am and that I go pink in the sun. It takes them awhile to "get" the humour and after 5 years with my missus she still doesn't get some of the humour but she will get there eventually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I think seeing such a huge number of Brazilian women here has blown up the myth of them being an especially attractive race-I'd even say that Irish women are on average hotter (well they have better tits at least.)

Brazilian women love us. My Brazilian wife loves just how Irish and milky white I am and that I go pink in the sun. It takes them awhile to "get" the humour and after 5 years with my missus she still doesn't get some of the humour but she will get there eventually.

I'm not sure why people think that the foreigners have to learn our sense of humour. There's just as much joy in learning how to be funny in another culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

sabat wrote: »
    I think seeing such a huge number of Brazilian women here has blown up the myth of them being an especially attractive race-I'd even say that Irish women are on average hotter (well they have better tits at least.)
    if you like enormous arses there is only one winner here

Give her your username.

i.e. theballz

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Gbear wrote: »
    Apparently people with more genetic diversity tend to be rated more attractive.
    That's why Brazilians are all bangers.

Our grandkids will all be rides.

Except mine. Too ugly to spawn any. :pac:

As far as attractive peoples go, if you get more sun and tend to be less fat, you'll probably be generally more attractive as a population.

On the other hand, Mediterraneans are all knee-high to a grasshopper. Swings and roundabouts.

Did you ever went to Brazil? How many Brazilians do you know? Did you ever asked to a Brazilian what they think?

Brazil have a VERY UGLY population if compared to Europe, not that bad if compared to other South American countries as only Argentina and Uruguay have a large percentage of europeans. In Brazil models and actors tend to be of european descent, usually Italian. If you ask to a Brazilian if they find their nationals prettier or uglier compared to Europeans I guarantee you 99% will say uglier. On the Northeast (the poorest and with the smallest percentage of europeans) people are way uglier than in the rest of the country.

This is a beauty contest in a state called Maranhão (maybe the poorest). Put the video after 30 seconds.

https://youtu.be/gBA3Is4ZTok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus - Irish girls are getting a fairly bad rap.

I have noticed that, a good few men in relationships with Irish women are fairly controlled.
    They seem happy on the face of it.

Theses men tend to work long hours - then at weekend have kid duties - need to cook the dinner - even if they are the primary income and have worked hard all week . If they said something like - I'm going off to watch a match or go to the pub - it would be guilt or no way.

There is a good chance that girls from different countries - less developed - less educated , have lower expectations and demands of their men.

If he is going out - providing a good living - food - car - nice life.

He certainly is off to a good start. That would hardly get you a hello in a night club in Ireland from an Irish girl.

I'm just going out to meet the lads - that ok love. Brazilian girl.
    "No bother - come back and ride me when your finished."

Not - "have you done the washing, after a 10 hour day at work."

Das Reich wrote: »
    Did you ever went to Brazil? How many Brazilians do you know? Did you ever asked to a Brazilian what they think?

Brazil have a VERY UGLY population if compared to Europe, not that bad if compared to other South American countries as only Argentina and Uruguay have a large percentage of europeans. In Brazil models and actors tend to be of european descent, usually Italian. If you ask to a Brazilian if they find their nationals prettier or uglier compared to Europeans I guarantee you 99% will say uglier. On the Northeast (the poorest and with the smallest percentage of europeans) people are way uglier than in the rest of the country.

This is a beauty contest in a state called Maranhão (maybe the poorest). Put the video after 30 seconds.

https://youtu.be/gBA3Is4ZTok

Legit, the ideal in Brazil is white pure bred Europeans, obviously there are exceptions like Neymar who is probably a mix of everything(He looks fairly Japenese and very like the Japenese footballer Hidetishi Nakata) but in general Europeans are more attractive than Brazilians.

My guess is most guys who are not great themselves will knock Irish women and put Brazilian women on pedestals, they'll probably call someone overweight Brazilian ''voluptuous'' as a coping mechanism.

• Advertisement

Jaysus - Irish girls are getting a fairly bad rap.

I have noticed that, a good few men in relationships with Irish women are fairly controlled.
    They seem happy on the face of it.

Theses men tend to work long hours - then at weekend have kid duties - need to cook the dinner - even if they are the primary income and have worked hard all week . If they said something like - I'm going off to watch a match or go to the pub - it would be guilt or no way.

There is a good chance that girls from different countries - less developed - less educated , have lower expectations and demands of their men.

If he is going out - providing a good living - food - car - nice life.

He certainly is off to a good start. That would hardly get you a hello in a night club in Ireland from an Irish girl.

I'm just going out to meet the lads - that ok love. Brazilian girl.
    "No bother - come back and ride me when your finished."

Not - "have you done the washing, after a 10 hour day at work."
    Irish women expect men to participate in the running of the household and family life?! The horror! No wonder they are all running off with foreign women who only ask that they earn a paycheck!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Legit, the ideal in Europe is white pure bred Europeans, obviously there are exceptions like Neymar but in general Europeans are more attractive than Brazilians.

My guess is most guys who are not great themselves will knock Irish women and put Brazilian women on pedestals, they'll probably call someone overweight Brazilian ''voluptuous'' as a coping mechanism.

And I feel sorry for those Irish and European that marry Brazilian women (usually ugly and from poor areas) that no Brazilian man wants. Being Brazilian myself, I know how "americanized" those women are, they started to have sexual intercourse at maybe 12, and when they are more than 25 they look for someone to marry. I remember when I was at school on the fifth year (I was 11) at least half of the girls already had sex. And on the facebook groups they always posting how good their "gringo" (foreigner) are, pay for things and all while bashing Brazilians men as greed. Honestly, there are way more countries to find a wife than Brazil, I know it is easy (just need to have an EU passport) but it will be more expensive on the longer term. If I wasn't married, I would go for Lebanese, Iranian or even Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Irish women expect men to participate in the running of the household and family life?! The horror! No wonder they are all running off with foreign women who only ask that they earn a paycheck!

Hey shut up. He has a job and a car, what kind of demanding fat wagon only an Irish woman wouldn't put out and shut up for that?! He even has food for chrissake!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you regularly see mixed raced relationships between lets say Irish people and African, South American or Asian.

but you rarely see for example an African/Asian relationships or you wont see somebody from India with somebody from eastern Asia.

would there be any reason for the latter or is my perception incorrect?

you regularly see mixed raced relationships between lets say Irish people and African, South American or Asian.

but you rarely see for example an African/Asian relationships or you wont see somebody from India with somebody from Asia.

The west and America won the cultural war, white is the ideal. It's common to see white girls and black guys because the media pushes this as cool and modern so women are happy to get with some black guy for the social status. Same cannot be said for Asian guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

but you rarely see for example an African/Asian relationships or you wont see somebody from India with somebody from eastern Asia.

You would in "melting pot" places like London and NY. I was in Lisbon for the first time at the start of the year and was struck by it there too. At one point in a restaurant there were fifteen customers including the five in my very white Irish group, and two interracial couples, one African Asian and one European Asian.

But weirdly saw barely any women in hijabs or burkas or any of that.

By very Irish I mean my sense of humor and wit. Not sure she’ll get it - let’s see!

Don't assume anything, that's my advice. I've dated Brazilian and Argentinian women who had the sarcasm down perfectly, and were very clued into the dry humor that's common here. That kind of humor is common enough worldwide, although I find Asians have the biggest problems understanding it.

Bear in mind that while Brazilian men ( or S.American men) are very smooth, or charismatic, they're also very inclined to cheat... Don't sell yourself short. You're valuable to a lot of women who are tired of the A-holes around.

Exactly

That is the way society ran for the majority of our existence.

The way of life we have evolved into - is fairly new. And continues in a significant part of the world.

There is a fair chance a good few men will want revert to their traditional role.

Exactly

The way of life we have evolved into - is fairly new. And continues in a significant part of the world.

There is a fair chance a good few men will want revert to their traditional role.
    Some might. Others will have too much self respect to be happy with being viewed as a mere walking wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Exactly

Thailand = that arrangement...on steroids

• Advertisement

Asians and Asian culture is typically quite racist. They tend to like white skin since they consider the children of mixed white/asian to be more attractive and more intelligent. Whereas many Asians consider Africans to be "inferior". Racism is quite common in Asian countries towards outsiders... and white people tend to avoid most of it (not all) because Asians admire that Western countries were economically successful.

I know a few Chinese women who married African guys but they're in a very clear minority and did so against the wishes of their families.

Exactly

You're promoting a stereotype that wasn't even all that common a hundred years ago. Men didn't work so much in the home because of demands by employment, however, if you look at photos from that period you'll see men doing work around the home. My grandfather did most of the cooking, as does my own father.

Stereotypes are generalisations... and are very rarely accurate when you take the effort to examine individuals.

Yes and are they right or are we wrong - we don't know.

What do we judge it on.

Happiness
    Life expectancy

It is not an attack on feminism - but there is a significant part of the world that do not try to establish an equal relationship -where both work for 25 years in the squeezed middle.

Some relationships could exist in the traditional model perfectly happy for both parties.

If your looking for that - you will find it easier outside of a 3rd level educated women in a western society.

What do we judge it on.

Happiness
    Life expectancy

It is not an attack on feminism - but there is a significant part of the world that do not try to establish an equal relationship -where both work for 25 years in the squeezed middle.

Some relationships could exist in the traditional model perfectly happy for both parties.

If your looking for that - you will find it easier outside of a 3rd level educated women in a western society.
    Yep better look for an uneducated woman who aspires to be kept.

You're promoting a stereotype that wasn't even all that common a hundred years ago. Men didn't work so much in the home because of demands by employment, however, if you look at photos from that period you'll see men doing work around the home. My grandfather did most of the cooking, as does my own father.

Stereotypes are generalisations... and are very rarely accurate when you take the effort to examine individuals.

That is absolute rubbish. The generalisation is based on a reality.

90% of men plus in Ireland 30 years ago.

Worked
    Drank
    Didn't do a tap with the kids

That is absolute rubbish. The generalisation is based on a reality.

90% of men plus in Ireland 30 years ago.

Worked
    Drank
    Didn't do a tap with the kids

Okie dokie. 30 years ago. 90% plus. Show me the evidence.

(although being based on reality doesn't actually mean it's all real).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've gone out with both Irish women and foreign women over the years, one thing I've noticed is the foreign ladies expect the man to pay for everything where as the Irish gal isn't afraid to open her purse and go halves or pay every every second night out.

It's also bullsh1t saying Irish women are all ugly looking, go to the pubs in any city here and there are lot's of fine looking Irish ladies.
    Dated Irish and English women whose purses were do tight they needed WD-40 to open them.

My wife is Slovak. 6'2 and Amazonian!

Some might. Others will have too much self respect to be happy with being viewed as a mere walking wallet.

A lot of successful men don't care. That's what prenups are for. They get the incredibly beautiful woman... the woman gains security and wealth. Just look at the numbers of members on the Rich hookup sites. It's a minority, but a pretty hefty minority.

It also depends on the culture. In China & Korea its common to have a mistress, and you don't have to be rich to do so. Often the wife knows about the mistress, and in some cases, will have picked the mistress for the husband. Different cultures have different expectations about relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

What do we judge it on.

Happiness
    Life expectancy

Funnily enough in a country were feminism doesn't exist,it's totally normal to see women doing hard manual labour in construction or laying heavy paving slabs on the streets

• Advertisement

What do we judge it on.

Happiness
    Life expectancy

Funnily enough in a country were feminism doesn't exist,it's totally normal to see women doing hard manual labour in construction or laying heavy paving slabs on the streets
    There's nothing wrong with that for a woman who is physically strong enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That’s a rubbish statement. I’ve been with plenty of foreign women who had no problem paying half and plenty of Irish women who expected not to pay / didn’t pay half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm not trying to even be alt and bash on everything Ireland, I've lived away and miss Ireland and Irish ways but I just never got the humour thing as a unique selling point of the Irish character. People are funny everywhere in their own ways. I personally found the Dutch to be extremely funny, it's very American TV inspired humour but irl works very well with their accents. What's so good about Irish humour? I think Irish people have good fun loving spirit(in general) but it's different from humour. Take the Euros and the fans there, singing 'Our father' to a nun, it's not the worst craic but not exactly hilarious when you actually think about it.

Well Joe.ie and the likes say we’re the funniest. So we are ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

A lot of guys who say they prefer foreign girls because they are less picky, it's because the are weird or awkward but the foreign women don't/can't pick up on this.

Also a lot of it is looks. There is nothing wrong with that, just admit it. Like I find a lot of Irish women very attractive but I just don't get allure towards them as I do most foreigners, I honestly think the tan has a lot to do for me personally.

In the case of Irish women with foreigners, it's a stature thing, they think they'll be looked down for dating a foreigner who's not from one of the richer countries (USA, Canada, England, France etc.)

So summary, men are shallow for looks, women for stature :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I work with a lot of foreign ladies. Love to look at them, admire and fawn over them. But when it really comes down to it, I couldn't imagine marrying and spending the rest of my life with a woman that isn't Irish.

Yet in your previous posts you do nothing but stereotype Asians as racists, Brazilians as cheats...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

seachto7 wrote: »
    That’s a rubbish statement. I’ve been with plenty of foreign women who had no problem paying half and plenty of Irish women who expected not to pay / didn’t pay half.

If it’s that poster’s own experience, it’s hardly a rubbish statement.

It depends on the country. Irish girls don’t seem to expect to be paid for that much. Take out an American woman and she is much more likely to expect it. It really is a cultural norm in the US, to the point that many people of both genders would treat it as utterly egregious for the guy not to pay the bill.

_Dara_ wrote: »

It depends on the country. Irish girls don’t seem to expect to be paid for that much. Take out an American woman and she is much more likely to expect it. It really is a cultural norm in the US, to the point that many people of both genders would treat it as utterly egregious for the guy not to pay the bill.

He earns exactly 21% more than her, no exceptions, so he should pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

_Dara_ wrote: »

I would agree with that, it is a very country-specific thing.
    For me (and I can't say if that's a German cultural thing, or a Shenshen cultural thing), I would only allow my partner to pay for me once we are past the first few dates, and would try and make sure we take turns then. On a first date, it would make me feel very awkward indeed if he paid for all of it.

I once went on a first date to the cinema with an Italian guy, who would not let me pay for my own ticket... didn't go any further after that.

Yet in your previous posts you do nothing but stereotype Asians as racists, Brazilians as cheats...

Fair enough.

al87987 wrote: »
    I'm a bloke, almost 30 and have been with my Mexican gf for almost a year.

Of my male friends, all are going out with Americans, Austrians, Australians, Brazilians, Spanish and even more Mexicans. Only one of us is with an Irish girl.

Oh my God, what a loser like.

al87987 wrote: »
    So I was wondering are we going to see heaps of single Irish women in the next few years?

I was wondering are we going to see heaps of divorced Irish men in the next few years once their Brazilian etc wives have secured EU citizenship? At any rate I'm sure there will be plenty of smart African males to marry the idiot Irish women so that they'll secure EU citizenship/a better standard of living, just as there are evidently plenty of smart Brazilian women who will marry idiot Irish men so that they'll secure EU citizenship/ a better standard of living.

• Advertisement
Advertisement