Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating Foreigners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Banged the brains out of a busty Brazilian babe who was mad for some Irish love baton only a few weeks ago after one of their World Cup games. Her English wasn’t great, but the language of love is universal, as is the phrase ‘fûck me harder you bastard’. Didn’t get to stay the night as she shared a room with 5 others, and they were sharing a can in the kitchen waiting for us to finish. Still, had a good time.

Wouldn’t rule it out again in future.

So she gave you the green card there and perhaps you will be giving her a green card in 9 months time. Like your name, I hope you wellied up there Johnny !

wakka12 wrote: »
    Honestly its such a ridiculous generalisation it sounds like a guy who just can't get laid here and thinks the grass is os much greener on the other side and blames frustrations on irish women and that they're the problem

Every irish person knows lots of attractive irish women with great personalities, not hard to find

The best wimmins are half Irish and half fordin.

That way you get the personality without the psychosis

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Can vary greatly depending where they're from. In my twenties I dated a few foreign girls. No problem splitting bills or taking turns paying with the German, Austrian, French or Italian girls I dated but it was totally different with a Russian girl I went out with. Never put her hand in her pocket, very different culture to Western Europe.

I had a similar experience - I dated a Ukrainian woman late last year and she was the same, I paid for everything she never once offered. She was lovely company and very pretty, but the whole attitude that the man should pay for everything was a real turn off. So I stopped dating her for that, and it kind of put off dating eastern Europeans in general, as again I thought it might be a cultural thing.

Anyone who says Irish men are unattractive (and that Irish women are "ugly" on average) is clearly projecting their own low self image and low self esteem onto others

I myself have an inferiority complex, but it’s not a very good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Zirconia wrote: »
    I had a similar experience - I dated a Ukrainian woman late last year and she was the same, I paid for everything she never once offered. She was lovely company and very pretty, but the whole attitude that the man should pay for everything was a real turn off. So I stopped dating her for that, and it kind of put off dating eastern Europeans in general, as again I thought it might be a cultural thing.

Strange, you'd think Trump would be a tight b***ix yet hes married several women from eastern europe including the current one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

theballz wrote: »
    By very Irish I mean my sense of humor and wit. Not sure she’ll get it - let’s see!

Date went well. Sealed the deal too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Na I don't hate Irish women. I was kinda harsh saying most are ugly. Sometimes I do miss the Irish banter and see it going back and forth between my brother's and their Irish girlfriend's.

But my gf is very westernised/Americanised so she more or less just looks exotic while dating basically an American personality wise. I however don't think I could date an eastern European as I wouldn't get on with them IMO.

Generalisations all over the place. Irish women are mostly ugly (then you backtracked).

And now you wouldn’t “get on with” Eastern European women. A large and varied group of women with all kinds of personalities and cultural backgrounds.

There is something weird and anal about people who are intent on categorising large groups of people as one thing or another. Like it helps them to make sense of the world.

And in the background, I’m always thinking, what’s so special about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Generalisations all over the place. Irish women are mostly ugly (then you backtracked).

And now you wouldn’t “get on with” Eastern European women. A large and varied group of women with all kinds of personalities and cultural backgrounds.

There is something weird and anal about people who are intent on categorising large groups of people as one thing or another. Like it helps them to make sense of the world.

And in the background, I’m always thinking, what’s so special about you?

He also said that he is not mentally attracted to Irish women (because all Irish women have the exact same personality) before admitting later he sometimes misses the " Irish banter".

I truly don't understand people who are intent on running down Irish women (and men), I definitely think it's down to them projecting their own issues, much as they might deny it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

He also said that he is not mentally attracted to Irish women (because all Irish women have the exact same personality) before admitting later he sometimes misses the " Irish banter".

I truly don't understand people who are intent on running down Irish women (and men), I definitely think it's down to them projecting their own issues, much as they might deny it

I don’t get it either. I just don’t get it at all. I look at Irish men and see so much variation in looks and personalities. And why wouldn’t I? They are not a homogeneous group of people. And it’s the same for Irish women. And English women. And Japanese women. And any general grouping you can think of.

I can’t help but think that anyone who feels the need to place people into neat categories will never be satisfied, never find what they are looking for. Put it this way, I wouldn’t like to be that foreign woman who needs to live up to the plinth she’s been placed on. The pressure! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I dated a girl from latvia for a few weeks years ago.

My god I was afard of that girl.

Date 2 she told me she would give up her job and stay at home and look after posable kids we might have.

Date 3 was going for drink with a firend of hers she was saying to her how much she loves and likes me.

Date 4 in the car said she had to call home. Then she says when we get there, her mother has made us cake and tea and I won't you to meet her. I had a panic attick and said no and would have meet her if you would have told me the day before not with no notice. I did not meet the mother.

Date 5 wonted me to pay for everything and was not happy I did not bring her to fancy place to eat.

After date spoke to housemate and he turned to me going trustedapple you have to get out of this relationship fast as you are afard of the girl. I went yes I am 2 weeks and some how she is my wife ha.

Date 6 went for coffee and broke up with her in person she cry and screamed at me in the middle of Waterford I got up and went to her sorry.

But to be fair she was a rebound at the time. I was dating a girl for a few weeks before her and she broke up with me and i went back dating the next day and found this girl.

Now I am extramly happy in my long term relationship with my Irish girlfriend. We have 2 dogs and a extramly nice house that we own and I would not change her for the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I'm the foreigner now and loving it.

If I walked into a bar/club in Ireland guys wouldn't look twice except to take the piss or to dare their friend to chat me up.

Here I have been propositioned in malls, bought drinks by handsome guys, had phone numbers thrust upon me in restaurants and in general been adored and treated like a goddess by Malay, Chinese, Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, African guys and even some Western lads.

Am loving it.

Am glad being big, black haired, blue eyed and pale as fook is an attractive mix to men outside of Ireland. No wonder I don't want to go home!

My sons both have foreign gfs and someone once commented that my family was akin to the UN.

That said, if an Irish man swept me off my feet (and he would need to be a strong Fecker) I would have no issue dating him. Coz even though I love my men to be darker, I actually don't care what nationality or race someone is as long as they are a good person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I don't think there's anything wrong with Irish women by any means, but the Irish drinking/dating culture has always been a complete mystery to me. I find it very difficult to express an interest in a Irish woman without coming across too forward. Any foreign women I've dated have been very direct. It's kind of like, "I like you, wanna go out sometime?" There's no mind games, its straight to the point, whereas the Irish have a tendency to tip-toe around it. I also think that interaction between Irish men and women on nights out is tinged with suspicion. That's just my experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Passtheremote

The only real issue is what happens if such a relationship breaks down and kids are involved. The other stuff, wierd Irish guys or demanding Irish girls, is nonsense. Attraction and genuine connection don't end within county or country borders.

https://www.economist.com/international/2017/02/18/for-multi-national-families-breaking-up-can-lead-to-tragedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

It only seems to be certain Irish people who write off the entire population of Irish girls as unattractive

Usually the lads who can't get/keep an Irish girl....... from my experience anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Are you saying that you never were attracted to any Irish women ever?

Obviously not. But in general, I'm not interested in dating an Irish woman. Maybe that will change in future, who knows as like I said in a previous post, sometimes I miss the Irish banter going back and forth.

In my experience, a lot of Irish women worry too much about what their friends think of their new boyfriend. Approval from all is often needed before things can really happen.

Sure, that's not always and I haven't been with an Irish woman in nearly a decade, but I definitely remember that being a thing. Maybe it's different when Irish women get older? It ties in with what other poster here have said about high standards.. You're trying to please a woman and five others.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Obviously not. But in general, I'm not interested in dating an Irish woman. Maybe that will change in future, who knows as like I said in a previous post, sometimes I miss the Irish banter going back and forth.

I always find it telling when Irish lads, like yourself, focus more on looks (when discussing dating foreign women) than on personality (both the girls or their own personality/lack of personality)....... it's almost as if they don't want to admit that, because of communication issues/cultural differences, neither party really knows or recognises the flaws in eachothers personalities.

In other words, the foreign girl has no idea she's dating a social misfit and the Irish lad doesn't care that he has no real deep meaningful connection to the foreign girl "coz she's a stunner!".

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I always find it telling when Irish lads, like yourself, focus more on looks (when discussing dating foreign women) than on personality (both the girls or their own personality/lack of personality)....... it's almost as if they don't want to admit that, because of communication issues/cultural differences, neither party really knows or recognises the flaws in eachothers personalities.

In other words, the foreign girl has no idea she's dating a social misfit and the Irish lad doesn't care that he has no real deep meaningful connection to the foreign girl "coz she's a stunner!".

Why the assumption that he's basing it all on appearance? Oh, sure appearance is always going to be a major influence on whether you're attracted to them or not. But there is always going to be more to being with someone than physical attractiveness. (at least you won't be with them longer than a week or two, since sex gets boring quick without a personal connection)

For myself, I love the cultural differences. Depending on where they are from, the differences can be subtle or massive. I tend to date with Asian women, because I enjoy those glaringly large differences in culture, since in many ways, I didn't enjoy Irish culture myself.

As for personality, that's more of an individual thing and not really related to nationality. The way they express their personality can be influenced by culture (the cute girl thingy from Japan, or the 'princess' personality types), but ultimately each persons personality is going to be unique.

Why the assumption that he's basing it all on appearance? Oh, sure appearance is always going to be a major influence on whether you're attracted to them or not. But there is always going to be more to being with someone than physical attractiveness. (at least you won't be with them longer than a week or two, since sex gets boring quick without a personal connection)

For myself, I love the cultural differences. Depending on where they are from, the differences can be subtle or massive. I tend to date with Asian women, because I enjoy those glaringly large differences in culture, since in many ways, I didn't enjoy Irish culture myself.

As for personality, that's more of an individual thing and not really related to nationality. The way they express their personality can be influenced by culture (the cute girl thingy from Japan, or the 'princess' personality types), but ultimately each persons personality is going to be unique.

Because this was his post?

"Dating a south East Asian a year now. Exotic beauty nurse.

Have zero interest in Irish women at all. Never have, never will. I think on average, most of them are ugly but act like they're 8/10 in looks. Whereas a 8/10 foreigner doesn't go around thinking she's a model.

Go foreign, lads. You won't regret it."

No mention of the personality belonging to the "exotic beauty nurse" in this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,269 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

One thing I've never heard the Japanese being described as is a great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement

Because this was his post?

"Dating a south East Asian a year now. Exotic beauty nurse.

Have zero interest in Irish women at all. Never have, never will. I think on average, most of them are ugly but act like they're 8/10 in looks. Whereas a 8/10 foreigner doesn't go around thinking she's a model.

Go foreign, lads. You won't regret it."

No mention of the personality belonging to the "exotic beauty nurse" in this post.

Plenty of reference to personality in that post. The way a woman sees herself in terms of attractiveness is often going to affect the way she behaves, and the value she places on herself.

One thing I've never heard the Japanese being described as is a great bunch of lads.

TBH, You've lost me.

Have zero interest in Irish women at all. Never have, never will. I think on average, most of them are ugly

Plenty of reference to personality in that post. The way a woman sees herself in terms of attractiveness is often going to affect the way she behaves, and the value she places on herself.

He basically doesn't like a woman being confident

TBH, You've lost me.

Never mind. It was a Fr. Ted reference about the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

As the Brazilian guy said earlier, most of these Irish guys aren't getting with really attractive foreign women, they're the dregs that their handsome compatriots won't touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

It a not looks for me. It's time wasting! After 10 years of dating Irish girls, it was a nightmare. They want security, but also a chase. Show them you're interested and they run. Show them you're not interested and they string you along. They want a photogenic person for their instagram but you better not look after yourself or you're too high maintenance. Chatting to them online is a nightmare too. It's like some "Ireland's Got Talent" program where the lads are waiting for them to press a red button to indicate they like your performance. Some of them arrogantly put "Make me laugh" as their self description like they're some kind of Queen bee that needs to make no effort themselves.

Most of them don't even realise that they have no interest in being in a relationship and that's why they can't find Mr Right.

Contrast that with the foreign girls who, from my experience, download the app because they genuinely want a relationship and delete it if they don't. They get straight into asking genuine questions about you to see if you're a compatible match as a couple. It's a no brainer.

He basically doesn't like a woman being confident, basically.

I suspect he's more talking about women who treat men badly because they think they're hot, but they're not. Whereas the good looking foreign women, tend to treat men better without believing themselves to be 'gods gift to men'. That's what I got from his post.

It's more the Irish lads personalities that I was referring to...... from my experience there's a "type" of Irish lad that goes for foreign women.

Social misfit type, bit awkward, struggles when attempting to chat up women etc. The foreign girl would find it difficult to spot this for obvious reasons...... to her, she's just dating the average Irish lad and has failed to notice anything out of the ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

shakeitoff wrote: »
    As the Brazilian guy said earlier, most of these Irish guys aren't getting with really attractive foreign women, they're the dregs that their handsome compatriots won't touch.

I heard that in Singapore all the time too, "the foreigners only date our ugly women" I don't know if it was as true but it definitely made the Singaporean men feel much better about themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I'm attracted to someone I can break my hole laughing with over offensive/borderline inappropriate things, and make Fr Ted references with, and have an honest discussion about my feelings with and who will probably slag me but also make it totally obvious he thinks I'm a ride and has no sexual/emotional hangups.

Sometimes that's been an Irish man, other exes have been English and American though. I think a lot of the attraction momentum that can be built gets lost when conversation is in broken english or they're a little bit sexist/chauvinistic like many foreign cultures regardless of model looks.

Irish men win every time on the humour front, and tend to treat you more like an equal rather than the pedestal bullsh1t. But can be ferociously emotionally retarded too, and less likely to convey their attraction because some aul yoke in a club told them to fcuk off ten years ago and now they won't approach as a rule and then end up feeling bitter about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I work in a multinational and many of the foreign fellas I work with have Irish wives or girlfriends. These would be mainly European fellas (French, Spanish, German, Italian..). Some of the foreign women have Irish parters. I’d say it’s equal.

I’m Irish with an Irish partner. Hopefully I’m not too difficult or ugly for him. :rolleyes:

It's more the Irish lads personalities that I was referring to...... from my experience there's a "type" of Irish lad that goes for foreign women.

Social misfit type, bit awkward, struggles when attempting to chat up women etc. The foreign girl would find it difficult to spot this for obvious reasons...... to her, she's just dating the average Irish lad and has failed to notice anything out of the ordinary.

I don't get this perspective that foreign women are any less sophisticated than Irish women in detecting "anything out of the ordinary", or that they're less experienced at dating in general. In most cases, they're from countries with larger populations, larger cities, and will have gone through the same dating experiences we have. Most western foreigners have the same culture of bars/nightclubs as we do... and have a greater dating scene from the cafes, and other venues.

They're still going to have encountered shy guys... the drunk guys in bars/nightclubs... the idiots with pickup lines, etc. Nothing I've seen of foreign women has suggested to me that they're less capable of seeing "weird" guys as they are.

The only real difference is the focus on Irish culture as a basis. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't fit in with Irish culture too well, and that translated into my dating with Irish women. There's nothing bad about that. When I did start meeting/dating foreign women, my lack of interest in Irish cultural habits wasn't a hindrance.

I think that a big part of the reason is that foreigners often mature earlier (particularly if they have traveled to Ireland to work or study - that in itself forces a maturity).

Often they realize that their physical attributes will not last forever. You also have to take into account the fact that in some countries and cultures an unmarried girl at 30 (or even 25) is considered "past it".

The qualities that an Irish girl might want in a partner in her mid-30s might be the same as those desired by a 25 year old foreigner. So if you are a fella that possess those qualities, you might feel that your luck is in when you meet the foreigner

Whereas the 25 year old Irish girl is secure and carefree and having the craic at 25. Which is great for her but she can't really complain if, at 35, she cannot "compete" against the 25 year old Brazilian :pac: (Who may not be hot compared to other 25 year old Brazilians but might have the edge on a middle-aged Irish woman with 18 years drinking and eating kebabs behind her)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

I've found Irish women don't tend to like more serious emotional guys, even college educated girls, they want the gregarious alpha male type. In other countries, the women are probably a bit more mature earlier

• Advertisement

snotboogie wrote: »
    I heard that in Singapore all the time too, "the foreigners only date our ugly women" I don't know if it was as true but it definitely made the Singaporean men feel much better about themselves

In China, the common attitude to beauty is for the woman to be slim, tall, white skin, big eyes, small nose, her ears small, and a long (ish) face. [you can often see it in the weird application of plastic surgery] Chinese people always say that foreigners pick up the "ugly" girls, and compared to the common perspective of what is beautiful, they're kinda right. Whereas for many of the foreigners, their own personal tastes are (obviously) going to be different from Chinese people. My ex was incredibly beautiful (for me). When she came to Ireland, she turned heads... and my friends said she was far too good looking to be with me.... but in China, she was considered less than average because she didn't fit with what was considered beautiful.

I think that a big part of the reason is that foreigners often mature earlier (particularly if they have traveled to Ireland to work or study - that in itself forces a maturity).

Often they realize that their physical attributes will not last forever. You also have to take into account the fact that in some countries and cultures an unmarried girl at 30 (or even 25) is considered "past it".

The qualities that an Irish girl might want in a partner in her mid-30s might be the same as those desired by a 25 year old foreigner. So if you are a fella that possess those qualities, you might feel that your luck is in when you meet the foreigner

Whereas the 25 year old Irish girl is secure and carefree and having the craic at 25. Which is great for her but she can't really complain if, at 35, she cannot "compete" against the 25 year old Brazilian :pac: (Who may not be hot compared to other 25 year old Brazilians but might have the edge on a middle-aged Irish woman with 18 years drinking and eating kebabs behind her)

35 is middle-aged? Interesting!

I don't get this perspective that foreign women are any less sophisticated than Irish women in detecting "anything out of the ordinary", or that they're less experienced at dating in general. In most cases, they're from countries with larger populations, larger cities, and will have gone through the same dating experiences we have. Most western foreigners have the same culture of bars/nightclubs as we do... and have a greater dating scene from the cafes, and other venues.

They're still going to have encountered shy guys... the drunk guys in bars/nightclubs... the idiots with pickup lines, etc. Nothing I've seen of foreign women has suggested to me that they're less capable of seeing "weird" guys as they are.

The only real difference is the focus on Irish culture as a basis. As I mentioned earlier, I didn't fit in with Irish culture too well, and that translated into my dating with Irish women. There's nothing bad about that. When I did start meeting/dating foreign women, my lack of interest in Irish cultural habits wasn't a hindrance.

I would find it difficult to spot personality nuances in a foreign country, the same would apply to foreigners in Ireland.

To be honest, you've inadvertently confirmed my opinion to be correct when you state that you don't "fit in too well with Irish culture...."

I would find it difficult to spot personality nuances in a foreign country, the same would apply to foreigners in Ireland.

To be honest, you've inadvertently confirmed my opinion to be correct when you state that you don't "fit in too well with Irish culture...."

It's pretty obvious I'm confirming your opinion and objecting to it. Because I never enjoyed GAA? Or that I didn't like getting drunk and approaching women in nightclubs? Or that I never enjoyed the system of friends/family introducing girls to me, and then everyone gossiping about what happened?

I grew up in a relatively small town and that was the way Irish culture was. I wasn't interested in that lifestyle, and I left as quickly as I could (and even then, I was in Ireland until i was 30). However, I know many other guys who feel the same as I did, but couldn't leave.

Thankfully, Irish society is moving away from that rather narrow scope and embracing a more varied culture.

In China, the common attitude to beauty is for the woman to be slim, tall, white skin, big eyes, small nose, her ears small, and a long (ish) face. [you can often see it in the weird application of plastic surgery] Chinese people always say that foreigners pick up the "ugly" girls, and compared to the common perspective of what is beautiful, they're kinda right. Whereas for many of the foreigners, their own personal tastes are (obviously) going to be different from Chinese people. My ex was incredibly beautiful (for me). When she came to Ireland, she turned heads... and my friends said she was far too good looking to be with me.... but in China, she was considered less than average because she didn't fit with what was considered beautiful.

That adds another dimension to the whole discussion...... from what you're saying, these foreign girls may well be insecure, romantically vulnerable and have self esteem issues when they land here and encounter more male attention than they're used to getting..... they may be inclined to jump into the first relationship that comes their way.

• Advertisement

That adds another dimension to the whole discussion...... from what you're saying, these foreign girls may well be insecure, romantically vulnerable and have self esteem issues when they land here and encounter more male attention than they're used to getting..... they may be inclined to jump into the first relationship that comes their way.

The fact that you've attributed the part in bold to me, just shows you're not reading what I've written. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I like English girls. It's a great confidence boost to pull one of our betters.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

It is possible that you hold a lot of repressed anger by marrying an Irish women. You feel envious of other Irish guys getting with foreign women who actually appreciate and value them. You therefore pathologise Irish men who get with foreign women (and now the foreign women themselves) in an effort to make yourself feel better about your own life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

35 is middle-aged? Interesting!

Considering that life expectancy for men is 78 years of age and for women is 82, it would be there or thereabouts. If 35 isn't middle aged, it's very much on the cusp of it.

Debtocracy wrote: »
    It is possible that you hold a lot of repressed anger by marrying an Irish women. You feel envious of other Irish guys getting with foreign women who actually appreciate and value them. You therefore pathologise Irish men who get with foreign women (and now the foreign women themselves) in an effort to make yourself feel better about your own life.

Just offering my opinion based on personal experiences/observations...... sorry if that hits a nerve with some but differing views will sometimes offend, that's just the nature of discussion.
    I personally try not to let opposing views offend me as it can cloud the topic.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Considering that life expectancy for men is 78 years of age and for women is 82, it would be there or thereabouts. If 35 isn't middle aged, it's very much on the cusp of it.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45 and 65:[2] "The period between early adulthood and old age, usually considered as the years from about 45 to 65

Forget about the Oxford English Dictionary, a few folk on Boards have spoken!

The fact that you've attributed the part in bold to me, just shows you're not reading what I've written. :rolleyes:

It stands to reason that if foreign women are considered average, or below average, looks-wise (as you stated) in their own country that would have an adverse effect on their own self esteem and would cloud their judgement when becoming romantically involved with a man here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

While it is true that on a given day one will see a fair number of young Irish women on the streets who could do with backing away from the pints and chip butties, they often have very pretty faces, I find. A little confidence and exercise would have them looking great. Himself and I both come from big families and so I have 6 sister in laws, all of whom are really truly lovely looking, at least half exceptionally so, and any of them would easily hold their own - looks wise - in a room of lovely foreign ladies. One look at her facebook page tells me that my daughter and her mud-blood (aka Irish) friends are also very much holding their own in rooms all over the world, among ladies from all races, and apparently they are not in the least bit worried that there might be an opinion among some lads in Ireland that they are not absolutely gorgeous. They genuinely are lovely. Often stunning. I can say the same for my 5 mud blood brothers in laws, my mud blood sons and their very handsome friends. This idea that the Irish are not an attractive race is really past its best before date.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I dunno Mala. Some Irish girls gave me the cold shoulder when I came onto them, therefore everyone in Ireland's a minger..... Except for me obvs

It stands to reason that if foreign women are considered average, or below average, looks-wise (as you stated) in their own country that would have an adverse effect on their own self esteem and would cloud their judgement when becoming romantically involved with a man here in Ireland.

That's what you've decided to focus on? Really? Oh, my. You really have skipped over most of my posts rather than actually reading them...

You do like to jump around. First it was the Irish males being strange, and now it's the foreign women having a low opinion of themselves. Either way, you have a low opinion of anyone in a mixed-nationality relationship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement