Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberties 4 Mile for St James Hospital - 18 July

Options
  • 11-07-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Just wondering who else is doing this race next week? It's for a great cause and previous feedback from prior years seems to have been great!

Hopefully it won’t be too warm! It’ll be my first ever evening race, looking forward to it.

Has anyone done the race before? Are there many drags on the route? I’m hopeless at figuring this out from a map!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I've done it every year except last year! I love it! Really nice atmosphere and it's nice to run through the Liberties.
    TBH I can't remember the elevation. There are no big hills, but I think a bit of a drag up Thomas St and a bit of a hill / drag really near the finish.

You'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Goose76 wrote:
    Has anyone done the race before? Are there many drags on the route? I’m hopeless at figuring this out from a map!

Also doing it for the first time this year. Looking forward to it. My first 4 miler its an unusual distance for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭donaghs

Any results up?

donaghs wrote: »
    Any results up?

Results are here http://www.championchipireland.com/results/

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Great race, that's the seventh race I've done now since I've started running and one of my favourites. Superbly organised and support was brilliant around the course, was so nice to see all the locals coming out.

Thrilled with my time as have been battling cold/cough all week and wasn't in the best shape going into the race. Probably could have done a bit faster but stupidly didn't bring water with me on the route and blew up a bit on the last mile. :rolleyes: managed to natch a 5k PB along the way though so very very happy overall!! :D

• Advertisement

Goose76 wrote: »
    Great race, that's the seventh race I've done now since I've started running and one of my favourites. Superbly organised and support was brilliant around the course, was so nice to see all the locals coming out.

Thrilled with my time as have been battling cold/cough all week and wasn't in the best shape going into the race. Probably could have done a bit faster but stupidly didn't bring water with me on the route and blew up a bit on the last mile. :rolleyes: managed to natch a 5k PB along the way though so very very happy overall!! :D

Yes it was a well organised race and a nice route. No PB for me but it was perfect running weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I’ve done it every year since 2011 except last year, so I was delighted to get back to it. Loved it! I always love the atmosphere, and the route.
    It was a 4-Mile pb for me - 26.22. I was pretty surprised as I’d forgotten my watch and had to ‘do a Jerry Kiernan’ (as I’m calling it now after his speech at the Day of PBs) & run by feel. I think I genuinely gave it all I had - I sat down after the finish and was genuinely too dizzy to get back up when I tried.
    Great organization, great support, great atmosphere, great cause (& one close to my heart). Well done, organizers! Well done all who ran.

Advertisement