Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent gyms in Newbridge?

Options
  • 11-07-2018 4:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just moved into the town this week.
    Currently a member of flyefit in Swords. but was wondering, for those of you going to the gym in the town, is there a normal regular gym, that you don't pay extravagant fees to join and that is open early in the mornings?

Anyway, any recommendations are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

None that are like flyefit in terms of small fees and excellent equipment/facilities.
    There are a good few gyms set up that offer mostly pay as you go classes etc which can be very expensive.
    Keadeen & the Gables have a "leisure centre" i expect extortionate fees and poor facilities.
    Try the sports centre on the station road, its a municipal facility, might be better and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I'm living in Newbridge and I'm a member of Kilashee gym just outside of Naas. Takes me about 15 mins to get there going through Athgarvan and Two Mile House. It's open 6:30am-10pm weekdays and 8:30am-6:45pm Sat/Sun. Cost me 310 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Not in Newbridge but not far out of it

The Gym Monasterevin is one of the best gyms in the entire country

Well worth the few mins spin from Newbridge

http://www.thegymmonasterevin.ie/

https://www.instagram.com/thegymmonasterevin/?hl=en

Industrial fitness is a great spot in the town but classes based gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Performance and Fitness academy in Toughers might be something to look at. Open from 6am

https://tpfa.ie/

There's also meant to be a new facility going where Xtreme CSC was (next door to the new McGuirks - also in Toughers)

Did straight blast gym ever open in Toughers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Cazale wrote: »

No, I think there are continuing issues with the building that they were meant to locate in.

Possibly they are taking the old CSC unit - that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Its open now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aMandledBadger

Hey guys, apologies for the revival of the thread.

We've moved to Naas last year from Dublin and have been using a local gym, but it's not really what I've been looking for.

I'm currently in training for Spartan, Tough Mudder and the odd 10km trail run and I'm looking for a decent gym with specific training facilites; rope climbs, monkey bars etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the above facilities around the Naas area?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Savi7

I would recommend The Gym in Monasterevin, only 20 minutes from Naas. Top class facilities. Check out there website thegymmonasterevin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

Hey guys, apologies for the revival of the thread.

We've moved to Naas last year from Dublin and have been using a local gym, but it's not really what I've been looking for.

I'm currently in training for Spartan, Tough Mudder and the odd 10km trail run and I'm looking for a decent gym with specific training facilites; rope climbs, monkey bars etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the above facilities around the Naas area?

Industrial Fitness in Newbridge would fit the bill for this. They tend to set their training up for events such as these and would sometimes have large groups signing up to such races together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Industrial Fitness in Newbridge would fit the bill for this. They tend to set their training up for events such as these and would sometimes have large groups signing up to such races together.

Second the suggestion for Industrial Fitness, great atmosphere in there. They have various training aims for members going at the same time, Spartan, Tough Mudder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Evolve Strength and Fitness would be another in Newbridge Ind. Estate. Morgan, the owner, is a top bloke. Knows his stuff

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

raven136 wrote: »
    Not in Newbridge but not far out of it

The Gym Monasterevin is one of the best gyms in the entire country

Well worth the few mins spin from Newbridge

http://www.thegymmonasterevin.ie/

https://www.instagram.com/thegymmonasterevin/?hl=en

Industrial fitness is a great spot in the town but classes based gym

Second this on The Gym in Monasterevin ,

The Performance And fitness Academy is excellent too , Ive not personally used Industrial fitness but have heard its pretty good

Second this on The Gym in Monasterevin ,

They have opened a gym in Newbridge this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

They have opened a gym in Newbridge this weekend.

If Instagram is anything to go by, it'll be overrun with posers for the next while

Advertisement