Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greenhills NCT Centre

• 11-07-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

The car is waiting in the queue here. Almost everyone's car is failing! Out of the past 15 people to collect their keys, I'd say 12 have failed for one reason or another. Are they particularly tough at this Centre?! Is there such a thing when it comes to NCT?! Nervous now..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Pops_20

It's highly likely that all 12 failed for a good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've been in another center when the 6 cars in front of me all passed - was scared :p but mine also passed.

Law of (un)averages sometimes it just runs like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

my3cents wrote: »
    I've been in another center when the 6 cars in front of me all passed - was scared :p but mine also passed.

Law of (un)averages sometimes it just runs like that.

Maybe I need to go to that test centre.. We'll find out soon!

Edit: It passed! Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jim Core, is that you?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last time I was at the test centre the 3 cars ahead of mine all failed but failed on basic idiot checkable things like bulbs not working and bald tyres, zero mechanical knowledge would need to be known to check them, just lazy idiotic people willing to waste their time bringing a car back for a retest and moan to their mates that the NCT is only a money racket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Last time I was at the test centre the 3 cars ahead of mine all failed but failed on basic idiot checkable things like bulbs not working and bald tyres, zero mechanical knowledge would need to be known to check them, just lazy idiotic people willing to waste their time bringing a car back for a retest and moan to their mates that the NCT is only a money racket.

Two years back a woman in front of me failed on 3 bald tyres and 2 bulbs not working and seemed totally unaware that there could have been anything wrong with the car :eek: When you see stuff like that you realise there is really some point to the NCT.

One year I failed on one of the flexible break pipes expanding under pressure. Not something I had spotted myself and quite happy that it was found and pointed out so I could get them changed (had both done on the front).

There was one lad sitting in the waiting room for about 10 minutes this evening and reception called him back because his car wouldn't start when they went out to it ! He was fairly mortified the poor lad.

In fairness I used to have a 96' banger and we'd do a pre-service Nct to see what it failed and then the service was just fixing those things. There were too many things just about to break on it.

Advertisement