Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversion Athlone

• 11-07-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking about getting the attic converted into a bedroom. Can anyone recommend anyone locally for completing an attic conversion?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

One bit of advice i would give is be careful, I don't want to put a downer on it but, if you convert an attic all the first floor doors have to be changed to fire doors, the stairs must lead to a final exit and be enclosed, there are minimum living space areas in relation to roof space etc etc.

Lots of regulations to comply with to convert an attic and if you don't, it will void your insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I used a Dublin crowd but its highly unlikely they will travel to Athlone. Im not 100% sure but if you convert the attic without classing it as a bedroom then it cuts out alot of the regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Advertisement