Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful service by eir

Options
  • 11-07-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I never post or complain but this has pushed me to my limits. I moved into a house in April 2017 and since then have been trying to get eir to install a phone line into my house. It means digging a duct from my bounday wall to the box literally a couple of meters away which openeir have committed and failed to go numerous times over the past year. They are spending what must be a small fortune sending technicians out to my house to come back with the same story each time (ie a duct is needed, openeir have to do it) and appointments have been reset and dates given but nothing ever happens.

I have no phone line and I need broadband to work. I'm relying on mobile broadband while i wait for fixed which I purchased from eir because of the short contract term. However they are charging me a fortune because it goes out of bundle and Eir don't bother to tell me - their out of bundle charges are incredibly high.

Customer service has been absolutely awful. Everytime I call I despair, they literally have no clue what is going on and blame Openeir for the delay but won't let me talk to them directly.

I'm really hitting a brick wall here.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

User5104 wrote: »
    I never post or complain but this has pushed me to my limits.  I moved into a house in April 2017 and since then have been trying to get eir to install a phone line into my house.  It means digging a duct from my bounday wall to the box literally a couple of meters away which openeir have committed and failed to go numerous times over the past year.  They are spending what must be a small fortune sending technicians out to my house to come back with the same story each time (ie a duct is needed, openeir have to do it) and appointments have been reset and dates given but nothing ever happens.

I have no phone line and I need broadband to work.  I'm relying on mobile broadband while i wait for fixed which I purchased from eir because of the short contract term.  However they are charging me a fortune because it goes out of bundle and Eir don't bother to tell me - their out of bundle charges are incredibly high.

Customer service has been absolutely awful. Everytime I call I despair, they literally have no clue what is going on and blame Openeir for the delay but won't let me talk to them directly.  

I'm really hitting a brick wall here.......
    Hi User5104 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement