Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I purchased the correct replacement HKC Quantum 70 SABB?

Options
  • 11-07-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I've had a long running battery issue with my HKC 70 SABB...all new batteries yet I still get a report on Low Battery?

So I decided to go into my original supplier and purchase a new SABB explaining that I have a wireless system.

When I get home and compare, the insides/layout etc are not the same and the instructions appear to be for a wired installation regards powering the device.

My question is there two or more versions of the SABB or does the new one just need the battery pack transferred into it?

The HKC box has the following info on it...EN50131-4 Grade 2 Class IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

The hkc wireless sabb hasnt changed since it came out, except you can buy an opt ex battery pack. In which will plug on to pcb of sabb. It will let you leave leds flash on. Or you could run a cable out to sabb and connect in to plus/minus on sabb pcb, and connect onto a 13v power supply. You will still need 6 batteries in sabb cr123..x 6

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

May I ask you what the threads are pointing out when they say you need to change out the batteries and replace with rechargeables if you run a 1-2 amp psu to the unit. My original point was trying to discern the difference if there is one between SABB and RF-SABB which I presume to be a wireless communicating version....thanks for getting back so promptly

If your putting on new wireless sabb, you need eng code. Go to devices menu, rf sabb. Remove old sabb first. Put batteries into new sabb. Devices menu, rf id new sabb let it find the devices then press tamper on sabb and box should sound that it is id into system make sure you remove batteries from old sabb first.

When it days replace batteries, its not rechargable batteries, its cr123 x 6

Thank you ...yes I know how to dismount a device, I have a manual and code. Like I said the internals of the NEW HKC Quantum 70 SABB is totally different and this threw me a bit as the manual is different. eg there isn't a connection for the battery pack as in a two prong connector from SABB to battery pack as in the older models...I have two SABBs on the property which indeed are the exact same....The new SABB is same size etc etc but deffo different inside.

• Advertisement

If its coming up low battery on Quantum, is it not the panel battery because they have to be replaced every 3 years.

Yes ...I changed the Panel battery and ALL new Duracell in the SABB to no avail. I'm thinking as there was no power to the SABB previously the onboard pack has run down ….there is an onboard pack in the new SABB of flat disc batteries packed into a cylinder shape....strange??

Must be new then, i hav'nt seen this one yet. Poss they are tryn yo in prove the battery life. Please send a photo of the sabb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP, it seems the supplier has given you the wired version of that SABB.
    Both look the exact same but the modules in both are different.

Is there 6 cable terminals at the bottom of the new one ?

He says its flat battery pack, they have either changed rf battery pack or its a wired sabb. New to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

He says its flat battery pack, they have either changed rf battery pack or its a wired sabb. New to me.

My reading of that battery was flat batteries stacked on top of one another and packaged.
    The appearance of the battery in the wired SABB certainly resembles that.

Thank you....Yes I too think it's the wired SABB that I've been given

SOLVED...Even though I pointed out I had a wireless system and requested an RF SABB I was indeed given the incorrect SABB.
    All's well....thank you for your responses which narrowed the issue down to the most likely reason.

Glade its sorted. I never seen RF saab with changing design.

Advertisement