Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbita Hybrid bike

Options
  • 11-07-2018 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi
    Wondering if anyone knows anything about Orbita Hybrid mens bikes. Looking at buying one for exercise and weight loss but worried about it falling apart.
    Any info much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you worried about its carrying capacity? often manufacturers will specify this, and you can be guaranteed they're erring on the side of caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

are you worried about its carrying capacity? often manufacturers will specify this, and you can be guaranteed they're erring on the side of caution.
    No not that. Just worried that its a brutal make of bike and wasting my money. As long as it gets me around im happy.
    Thanks for reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I had an Orbita mountain bike in 2005 until it was stolen.

Build quality was excellent. Aluminium light frame etc.

edit: no speculation on who stole it unless a conviction was obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Its something i seen on Adverts.ie. Not much info given.
    https://www.adverts.ie/hybrid-bikes/black-hybrid/15709415

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Its something i seen on Adverts.ie. Not much info given.
    https://www.adverts.ie/hybrid-bikes/black-hybrid/15709415

Hmmm, €200 second hand, but what looks very like the same bike is €185 new. I'd avoid going for a no-name second hand bike on adverts.ie, better off with one of the bigger names. Personally I wouldn't buy anything of adverts or donedeal unless the seller could provide proof of ownership, YMMV. You should have no trouble picking up a decent 2nd hand hybrid for €200.

they're not the same bike; the one in the online shop has what look more like mountain bike tyres, a cheaper looking stem, and a cheaper looking rear derailleur.

it's listed in the mountain bike section on that site also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

they're not the same bike; the one in the online shop has what look more like mountain bike tyres, a cheaper looking stem, and a cheaper looking rear derailleur.

it's listed in the mountain bike section on that site also.

Don't think I'd be keen on either of them tbh, easy enough to get a 2nd hand Giant / Trek / Spesh / Merida for close to the OPs money which imho would be a better bet. Edit, something like this Giant CRS with Deore group at €170. Add a few bob for new cables, pads, and chain and you've got a decent enough bike.

Advertisement