Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2018 stage 6: Brest > Mûr de Bretagne 181 km

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

retalivity wrote: »
    Get in dan!!!

Wtf happened bardet? And 2 ag2r lads finished up ahead of him? Froome gapped as well

Punctured then full gas to get back but dropped late after the full gas effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

at least the sponsor was visible because he couldn't unzip his jersey eh? :pac::pac:

what's that no zip about?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

I was pretty confident about him. When I saw the second burst from him as Latour closed in, I reckoned he had it in the bag. Delighted for him.

Thud wrote: »
    what's that no zip about?

There was a bit about them here http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uae-team-emirates-wear-zipless-jersey-at-tour-de-france/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yes!!!

455620.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Domoulin gets a 20 sec time penalty for drafting behind the team car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

dahat wrote: »

Thought he was pushing his luck then.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

dahat wrote: »

No harm. I felt bad for him, but that was taking the piss.

Should have climbed in the back seat altogether!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

neris wrote: »

Ha! That's a cool graphic. Got the colnago an' all :)

fat bloke wrote: »
    Ha! That's a cool graphic. Got the colnago an' all :)

They do them for all the stages check the main account. I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

circler wrote: »
    No harm. I felt bad for him, but that was taking the piss.

If it wasn't his own team car he might have gotten away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

overhead shot of the finish here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

overhead shot of the finish here

Looking at that, Dan never looked like being caught.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Looking at that, Dan never looked like being caught.

Thats what I thought seeing that, Latour looked much closer than that in the head on shot they showed on TV. 43kmph near the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Really enjoyed those highlights. Would love to see him make a break stick like that again in a later stage.

Sky have been very quiet so far this tour from what I've seen. I wonder if it was froome rather than Thomas a few seconds down would they have been pushing a bit harder today...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just watching the 30 minute highlight show on TG4 that I recorded earlier. It took Roglic an age to get back going after his mini crash in the stage. He was so lax. It would have been idiotic if he had lost time today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Really enjoyed those highlights. Would love to see him make a break stick like that again in a later stage.

Sky have been very quiet so far this tour from what I've seen. I wonder if it was froome rather than Thomas a few seconds down would they have been pushing a bit harder today...

Wonder will thomas ambush froome in the cobbles in sunday...hes been pretty vocal (as much as he can be) that he is not plan b, instead is a co-leader. He has form for cobbles as well i believe, more so than froome. Having 90s+ over him before the mountains would give sky plenty of awkward questions...

Thomas' problem will I believe be bad luck. Giro and Tour last year then send him up the cobbles this year is asking for it. I'm no fan but I'd hate to see him come undone on the cobbles but I really think it'll happen given his luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Shortly after Dan attached, Thomas was leading the chase and IMO he was going good. He then looked behind and pulled off to the side. I wonder did he get told to ease off the throttle as Froome couldn't stick with pace?

Shortly after Dan attached, Thomas was leading the chase and IMO he was going good. He then looked behind and pulled off to the side. I wonder did he get told to ease off the throttle as Froome couldn't stick with pace?

No he said in an interview after he looked back and wasn't pulling them lads to the line, and rightly so I think given the gains on offer. Hard to say if he's got good form based on that but I suspect he does, he always looks ok early in the tour then bad luck and team orders kick in, which is why I'm thinking sunday will end his chances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

A good win marred by that awful zipless jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Great win for Dan, hopefully he can kick on from here and be competitive in the mountains
    Interesting thst Froome lost a few seconds as well

Advertisement