Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check engine light stayed on this morning - 2015 Kia Sportage 1.7 CRDI

• 12-07-2018 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Check engine light stayed on this morning, the owners manual just states to bring to your dealer.  I was wondering if there are any specific issues with this car that this light comes on for?  I've had hassle with the local dealer trying to get the air con fixed, and will probably be told I have to wait a couple of weeks for them to look at the car. But is there a risk of being left on the road?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Yes safer to get checked, as this could be major issue and driving with it on could invalidate warranty if any left but they do 7 year right? Have you checked fluids ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Yes safer to get checked, as this could be major issue and driving with it on could invalidate warranty if any left but they do 7 year right? Have you checked fluids ?

Fluids all fine. I check every week. I will be ringing the dealer first thing this morning but the problem is that it takes at least 2 weeks for an appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

kevin65 wrote: »
    Fluids all fine. I check every week. I will be ringing the dealer first thing this morning but the problem is that it takes at least 2 weeks for an appointment.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You have roadaide assistance for the duration of your manufacturers warranty with Kia, it's through the AA. There's probably a sticker in your windscreen or if not it might be in the owners manual. Google says the number is 0818300007.

Ring them, theyll send the AA out to you to check the car and then they'll let you know what to do next. It'll either be fixed at the roadside or they'll advise you the issue can wait until the dealer can fit you in or if it's critical they will tow it away and organise you a replacement car.

It's a great service that most manufacturers offer these days that seems to go largely un noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Bring it in and they should be able to hook it up to get the code. I would do that over the phone they will say 2 weeks. Harder to say no in person

Then based on that they can figure out what's up

Could be a reset is all that's needed.

5 mins for them and good CS also they may get work outta it dependent on the code

Toyota fan boi post is even better idea :)

• Advertisement

I rang service dept at 9 and got the 'it will be 2 weeks before we can look at it'. Told them I cant wait so they said they will discuss with service manager. I will stick with toyota next time I buy...

You have roadaide assistance for the duration of your manufacturers warranty with Kia, it's through the AA. There's probably a sticker in your windscreen or if not it might be in the owners manual. Google says the number is 0818300007.

Ring them, theyll send the AA out to you to check the car and then they'll let you know what to do next. It'll either be fixed at the roadside or they'll advise you the issue can wait until the dealer can fit you in or if it's critical they will tow it away and organise you a replacement car.

It's a great service that most manufacturers offer these days that seems to go largely un noticed.

Unfortunately this only applies for first 3 years. Im check what cover I have under my insurance now. Car is 151 reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I rang service dept at 9 and got the 'it will be 2 weeks before we can look at it'. Told them I cant wait so they said they will discuss with service manager. I will stick with toyota next time I buy...

In fairness you can't really blame them for having a que of work. The guy who had a check engine light two weeks before you is only being seen to today. Toyota will have eyes and appointments too.

The worst thing you can have them do is rush the car through the workshop, it's a recipe for trouble. Did you ring Kia assist, this is literally what its there for.

In fairness you can't really blame them for having a que of work. The guy who had a check engine light two weeks before you is only being seen to today. Toyota will have eyes and appointments too.

The worst thing you can have them do is rush the car through the workshop, it's a recipe for trouble. Did you ring Kia assist, this is literally what its there for.

My Kia assist has expired. They have agreed to take car to check codes. I have alot of experiences with dealing with Toyota service and they will take you if its urgent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

They have agreed to take car to check codes. I have alot of experiences with dealing with Toyota service and they will take you if its urgent.

How could you have had a lot of urgent issues with Toyota? Aren't they the best built cars in the Universe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement