Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed bus route changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Because the buses will have a dedicated corridor and wont be leap frogging each other and having to stop at stops every 400 metres!

I expect the Swords express will still be faster, but its also more expensive, so not comparable.

But slower than the express services going from Donabate Skerries etc

It feels like the plan was not designed with people going to work in mind at all but rather ensuring the most "connectivity". For most people they use Public Transport to get to and from work, for this purpose the plan seems pretty flawed

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I missed that: thanks. But it looks like quite an indirect route around various housing estates. I'd suspect that if you were getting a 41 from Swords Manor now versus the new route, the former would be much quicker.

I see they're having a consultation day on 16th August in the Pavilions from 2-8pm. No day scheduled yet for Malahide or further north.

Seems like a shorter version of the current 102

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There was apparently over 500 people at a meeting about this in Malahide on Monday night - was run by Darragh O'Brien and his brother who is a councillor.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

shesty wrote: »
    You would think LeoB, wouldn't you....

I have been known to think an odd time;)

People in the transport authority have not thought this through or there seems to be a lack of planning.

I can see why they want people to use public transport

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You'd wonder why they don't think in the transport authority ;-)
    I have a feeling they are taking the attitude of the train being able to pick up the slack, and also that there is now a private bus company operating from Lusk.They do a bus a day from Skerries too,so I expect if the 33x/33A bus route to Swords goes(essentially), it leaves an opening for that private bus route to extend to Rush/Skerries/Balbriggan....ie, sure aren't we covered so.Which is fine but doesn't seem right.
    I wonder is the Pavilions information night going to be the only one out here, with the expectation we would all go to it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

shesty wrote: »
    You'd wonder why they don't think in the transport authority ;-)
    I have a feeling they are taking the attitude of the train being able to pick up the slack, and also that there is now a private bus company operating from Lusk.They do a bus a day from Skerries too,so I expect if the 33x/33A bus route to Swords goes(essentially), it leaves an opening for that private bus route to extend to Rush/Skerries/Balbriggan....ie, sure aren't we covered so.Which is fine but doesn't seem right.
    I wonder is the Pavilions information night going to be the only one out here, with the expectation we would all go to it....

Except the coaches on the Fingal express from Lusk is not accessible, and so should not be considered a replacement or even given a license at all.

Its normal to beat a 33 from Lusk to the top of Dorset st on a bike as it is. Removing the 33x and making people change will make it possible to cycle without breaking a sweat and beat the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The people of Rush Lusk Skerries, Balbriggan, Donabate and Portrane need to make a stand on this. How many new houses have been built in this area in the last few years and no increase in buses or trains? Xpresso buses heading for town are full leaving Lusk in the mornings and unless the schools are off you'll seldom get a seat on the train after Skerries and is usually crammed by Donabate. When the Golden Ridge estate was being planned, one of the conditions of permission was the provision of a shuttle bus from there to the station. 13 years on from the first houses being built there's no sign of it and no sign of Fingal County Council taking action against the builder. The R128 from Skerries to Lusk via Rush has been in bits between the snow in 2010, Eirgrid works, Irish Water works and with more and more people moving into the area it's only going to get worse. We have been putting up with enough out here for long enough.
    The time to act is now!
    With regard to the 33/33A/33B/33D and the Northern Commuter train line, in the 2016 census, the population of Balbriggan/Skerries/Loughshinny/Rush/Lusk/Donabate/Portrane combined is over 57,000. While I appreciate that not all of them will be going into town or whatever, you're looking at possibly routing another 30,000 people into Swords or onto an already over-crowded train line (and that's before you add in other areas of North County Dublin AND all the extra people who will be moving into all the new houses that are being built in the area)

It's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

There's a good article on this in the Skerries News, will try to upload later.

Anyone know when the dart expansion starts will the trains run at all?

Places more emphasis on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

Victor wrote: »
    The most important point is that your fare will allow you travel for 90 minutes. It's effectively a Leap 90 fare with the second and subsequent fare for free, instead of the current €1 discount. Get on a bus, change to a train, get on another bus in Dublin, all for one fare.

From what I have seen recently this is not true for commuter towns.

• Advertisement

From what I have seen recently this is not true for commuter towns.

https://twitter.com/busconnects/status/1019225037671460864?s=21

The whole plan fails if this doesn't happen, cannot expect people to pay more AND take longer to get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The whole plan fails if this doesn't happen, cannot expect people to pay more AND take longer to get to work

I agree but at the moment it doesn’t seem to be too publicly known.

Advertisement