Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of an Alfa Giulietta

• 12-07-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of scratching the itch and getting an Alfa. It'll be the Giulietta (or possibly a MiTo). I know there'll be the usual Alfa bashing but it's not just my decision, my wife is dead keen on them and I'd like to own one for a while.

We'd prefer a petrol one because we don't do the distances required to keep a DPF clean on a diesel. A used one would be best, we don't have the money for a brand new one and want to stay away from PCP and things like that.

What sort of issues should we watch for on these? Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go ahead, there is a lot of bashing but if you look after it then it will look after you :)
    Did you have a particular year/budget in mind?

First place to look is the for-sale threads in Alfa forums, this way you will increase the chance the previous owner will have looked after the car.

Check youtube for reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Go for it great looking car rare on the road and can't be any worse than the so called premium stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Was always impressed if someone said they had an alfa LOL same with people who drove saab for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A neighbour of mine has a petrol one for about 5 years and I don't think they have had anything major go wrong with it. It's fairly basic spec wise though which seems to be the case with most of the petrol ones sold here. Most of the 1.4 litre petrol sold here were 120bhp so it's pokey enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

Philb76 wrote: »
    Was always impressed if someone said they had an alfa LOL same with people who drove saab for some reason

Always had a thing for Saabs as well!

No major issues have come up in my searches but thank you to the person who suggested looking at the Alfa forums and not confining searches to Donedeal et al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement