Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Surveyor Yay or Nay

Options
  • 12-07-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just went sale agreed on a house, the bank sent out someone to the house said it was fine. One the boxes it ticked off was does it need an external survey done and they said no on that.

What do you think?

If you think I need a survey done do I need to get a full check? Getting qoutes from 350 to over 600 no idea what I'm looking at.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

but1er wrote: »
    Hi,

Just went sale agreed on a house, the bank sent out someone to the house said it was fine. One the boxes it ticked off was does it need an external survey done and they said no on that.

What do you think?

If you think I need a survey done do I need to get a full check? Getting qoutes from 350 to over 600 no idea what I'm looking at.

The banks survey is nothing more than a quick walk around to ensure there’s an actual asset the bank can sell on should up default on the mortgage. It makes sure that there’s a working bathroom and mains connection amongst other minor things. It doesn’t replace an actual survey of the property before you buy. You need to ensure there are no signs of possible structural damage, damp, rot, planning issues or boundary issues.

Advertisement