Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway shopping centre parking.

Options
  • 12-07-2018 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hey Galway. I see that you can park at the shopping center for up to 3 hours for free. My question is If you move your car to another part of the car park, can you stay for another 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

id ask at customer service about that. leaving your car there to go shopping elsewhere is a big Nono and a fast way to get clamped !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The only place I can think of that has free parking at the weekends within the confines of Galway city would be Mervue Industrial estate.
    30 minute walk to Eyre Square or hop on the 405 from Tuam Road or the 403 from Monivea Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

What about Dunnes terryland , terryland retail park or westside dunnes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

moonstruck wrote: »

Try leaving your car there and going into town and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

miocicmma wrote: »
    Hey Galway. I see that you can park at the shopping center for up to 3 hours for free. My question is If you move your car to another part of the car park, can you stay for another 3?
    At busy periods the parking warden takes down number plates so moving your car won’t avoid the 3 hour deadline.
    Dyke road has long stay parking - your best bet for a clamp-free experience. 4 Euro per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

flazio wrote: »
    Try leaving your car there and going into town and see what happens.

have left car in terryland occasionally .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Why not just park for the day on the Dyke Rd and save yourself the worry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Why not just park for the day on the Dyke Rd and save yourself the worry?

Yeah just 4 euro for the day and if you are lucky you might get a ticket off someone leaving just pass on the good luck when you leave.
    Don’t whatever you do leave your car in Headford rd center.they will clamp you the second you leave the car park on foot.they do some every day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

moonstruck wrote:

There was a fellow a good few months back taking car regs in Westside Dunnes. He said it was on a trial basis and pointed out a sign which i think limited your parking time there.

But I haven't seen him back since then. I have never seen a car clamped there but I still would adhere to the rules as posted. I don't see any signs around the library and judging by the amount of cars there Galway Co Council must have a big library membership.

Advertisement