Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This can't go on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Why is this ALLOWED to happen, just patrol the area more regularly or ...., even just flood those areas with Gardaí!?
    But it has to be stopped.

http://www.thejournal.ie/canal-crime-courts-4122979-Jul2018/

Where's batman when you need him

Or the Irish equivalent of batman - the 'ra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

utter scum ...

"The teen, who has not been in school since third class in primary school, lacked parental supervision, was abusing drugs and has acted like his “own boss since the age of 10 or 11”, said Judge John O’Connor."

This is what happens when scum have kids to get welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Why is this ALLOWED to happen, just patrol the area more regularly or ...., even just flood those areas with Gardaí!?
    But it has to be stopped.

http://www.thejournal.ie/canal-crime-courts-4122979-Jul2018/

Now now, if the Gardaí had to patrol areas like that they would have to report the crimes and then the government wouldn't be able to claim that their policing strategies are working and crime is going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

And in 4 or 5 years this scumbag will be breeding more scumbags and the cycle continues

Forced sterilization I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Why are we putting up with this ****é

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

TallGlass wrote: »
    Why are we putting up with this ****é

What should we do ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Bring back vigilantes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What should we do ?

Steel-cored baton to the back of the thigh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Are there no consequences at all for the parents for letting their feral kids run amok?

I was going to say perhaps we need to bring back conscription or something but I doubt the army would have much of a use for scum like that.

Maybe a nice offshore prison colony or something

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My grandfather used to drown the pups he didn't want in a bucket of water. Will I tell him to get a bigger bucket?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What should we do ?

I'll tell you where to start. Let first build a super prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

As much as I abhor these scumbags, what's the solution? Seriously, ask yourself what is the solution? Throw them in jail? Rehabilitate them? Sterilize them? Lock them all up in a giant walled scumbag enclosure?

None of the above - society will always have this kind of bjollox going on. Its never going to change. Even if the cops went down and beat the living sh1te out of them on a daily basis, they'd still do it.

Sorry to sound deafist but this kind of crap goes on in every country on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There's no deterrent to repeat offences in this country. Do a crime, slap on the wrist. Its a constant cycle and its the regular person who wants to get on with their life that suffers. Judges either don't care or don't know what's the best course of action and throw these scum back on the streets in hope that they'll learn their lesson.

I think at this stage we need to stand up for ourselves, cos society isn't going to change anytime soon. A good hiding is what these scum deserve

Keyzer wrote: »
    As much as I abhor these scumbags, what's the solution? Seriously, ask yourself what is the solution? Throw them in jail? Rehabilitate them? Sterilize them? Lock them all up in a giant walled scumbag enclosure?

None of the above - society will always have this kind of bjollox going on. Its never going to change. Even if the cops went down and beat the living sh1te out of them on a daily basis, they'd still do it.

Sorry to sound deafist but this kind of crap goes on in every country on the planet.

I don't know and maybe you're right. But as it stands it seems there's absolutely nothing being done to try and change this carry on.

Locking them up in a giant walled scumbag enclosure is unlikely to happen I guess in these days of hooman rights etc. etc. but it'd sure have my vote.

If I had to guess I'd say we're not far of from having gated communities like they have in the US. I think it's ridiculous people have to go through such lengths to protect themselves.

Having said that....I don't know what an actual solution would be either. Locking them up wouldn't be a solution as much as a workaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

It's despicable that this stuff goes on and if someone used self defense they would end up in more trouble than the scumbag.

Curfew and or mandatory service. If the parents can't control them or don't care that they are committing crimes then off to boot camp.

It doesn't help either that dodgy parties like Sinn Feinn will do everything to protect "Der Hooman rights" ...

brevity wrote: »
    It's despicable that this stuff goes on and if someone used self defense they would end up in more trouble than the scumbag.

Curfew and or mandatory service. If the parents can't control them or don't care that they are committing crimes then off to boot camp.

Think thats a really good idea, army camps can really give motivation and respect to a kid...

It doesn't help either that dodgy parties like Sinn Feinn will do everything to protect "Der Hooman rights" ...

I'm really curious to see how bad things need to get before societies decide that if people don't behave like a human perhaps we don't need to give them full human rights.

Probably a lot worse still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Most telling of all is the mother storming out of court as she couldn't watch her son getting sentenced.

Drama and kicking up a massive fuss will make things better. I mean she couldn't be arsed parenting her Johnny but the gubberment shouldn't be putting him in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭aziz

wexie wrote: »
    Are there no consequences at all for the parents for letting their feral kids run amok?

I was going to say perhaps we need to bring back conscription or something but I doubt the army would have much of a use for scum like that.

I can think of one thing,
    Target practice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Mailcoachinn

aziz wrote: »
    Target practice.

*licks lips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Find the good for nothing articles that are his so called parents and hold them responsible for his feral behavior.stop their welfare if he reoffends and let them dish out a severe beating to him.that might put a halt to his gallop.
    Nothing will be done though.hel serve 5 months in the big house where he will act the hard man and progress up the scum bag ladder and won’t be a week out when he acts the boll1x again.rinse and repeat then until he commits a crime serious enough for a long sentence.
    And throughout his good for nothing life he will never do any good just harm to other innocents along the way and will cost the taxpayers money all the way through.even in death these scum cost the taxpayers as instead of providing for themselves financially they beg and squander every penny they can get their nasty hands on as their greedy entitled personality knows nothing else.they should be left to starve if not willing to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Thepillowman

Any teenager with more than 3 convictions into the army for 4yrs teach them a trade and a bit of respect. Because as far as I can see present policies aren't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The court had to be stopped until the mother calmed down. That has to be a joke. Why wasn't she put in jail herself if her son hasn't been in school since third class? Why wasn't her son taken into care when he was taking cocaine at 12 years old? And of course the old reliable diagnosis of ADD. Can you imagine the rap sheet he will have by the time he's 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

it's been said here a thousand times there is only Justice for the offender none for the victim, bring back the Birch lets see how they deal with that? oooh no sorry that may hurt him too much he has rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

wexie wrote: »

Maybe a nice offshore prison colony or something

Consequences is a notion only important to decent people who have worked and provided their family with a decent lifestyle through years of hard work and sacrifice. Who have hopes that their children and grandchildren will at each generation go on to better themselves even further.

If you on the other hand have made a lifestyle where your professional income is welfare, where education is frowned on and indeed scorned, where appearing in court and doing time on the inside is acceptable and inevitable. Where are the potential consequences??
    They fear nothing because they value nothing and have no attachment to friends or family. Second, third and fourth generation serially unemployed, unemployable individuals who have the backing of crack pot politicians making constant excuses that it’s somehow the fault of “society” and “big business” that these people are “trapped” in this lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dexter_morgan

Ease off. Let's give him a chance. He wants to turn his life around!

"Alison Fynes, defending, said the boy was adamant about turning his life around and has been going to classes in custody"

Sarc

The court had to be stopped until the mother calmed down. That has to be a joke. Why wasn't she put in jail herself if her son hasn't been in school since third class? Why wasn't her son taken into care when he was taking cocaine at 12 years old? And of course the old reliable diagnosis of ADD. Can you imagine the rap sheet he will have by the time he's 25.

Fukn jokeshop of a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

National service. Mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What should we do ?

Mandatory minimum sentences, the judiciary have already proved they are incapable or unwilling to keep society safe from prolific and dangerous criminals.

A bar on concurrent sentences; no more do one get 10 added on for free nonsense.

A sliding scale for repeat offences; probation or suspended is reasonable for some 1st offences. A second chance should be just that, a SECOND chance, fail to take it and you go to prison.

1 year for 2nd offence, 2 for 3rd, 4 for 4th, 8 for 5th and so on. Nobody should be able to rack up 100s of convictions and still be allowed to roam the streets victimising more people.

All criminal procedures should have a victim compensation element attached, every conviction should also include an award to the victim payable by the criminal. If they can't pay then a proportion of their wages or benefits gets diverted to the victim until the debt is cleared, if they are a child then the parents are liable.

seachto7 wrote: »
    National service. Mandatory.

I’d agree with this but if it’s through the so called justice system the first 2 years should be unpaid with the scum housed in barracks and use the money they would get through “entitlements” to feed the good for nothing pond rats.housing them in barracks would also remove them from society so we haven’t to be looking at their rat features faces and listening to their forced ghetto accents

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Mandatory minimum sentences, the judiciary have already proved they are incapable or unwilling to keep society safe from prolific and dangerous criminals.

A bar on concurrent sentences; no more do one get 10 added on for free nonsense.

A sliding scale for repeat offences; probation or suspended is reasonable for some 1st offences. A second chance should be just that, a SECOND chance, fail to take it and you go to prison.

1 year for 2nd offence, 2 for 3rd, 4 for 4th, 8 for 5th and so on. Nobody should be able to rack up 100s of convictions and still be allowed to roam the streets victimising more people.

All criminal procedures should have a victim compensation element attached, every conviction should also include an award to the victim payable by the criminal. If they can't pay then a proportion of their wages or benefits gets diverted to the victim until the debt is cleared, if they are a child then the parents are liable.

forgot something :

8364545094_45ffd4850e_b.jpg

I’d agree with this but if it’s through the so called justice system the first 2 years should be unpaid with the scum housed in barracks and use the money they would get through “entitlements” to feed the good for nothing pond rats.housing them in barracks would also remove them from society so we haven’t to be looking at their rat features faces and listening to their forced ghetto accents

Agree. Get them doing some kind of work. Pay them even, but put them in a barracks and force them to do it.

The liberal crawthumpers won't have it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Can we not just hang them from the nearest tree and leave them there to rot? Just an idea like...

seachto7 wrote: »
    Agree. Get them doing some kind of work. Pay them even, but put them in a barracks and force them to do it.

The liberal crawthumpers won't have it though.

I’d only pay them after completing a 2 or 3 year apprenticeship through the army.leave them on basic entitlements until then and stop all money if they fail in any way to participate in their work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Okay... this is pie in the sky but...

Local elections are next year. Councillors sit on Policing Committees. A handful of votes can make all the difference in a local election.

Start putting pressure on our councillors to have more foot patrols and take the "broken window" approach.

Yeah, may as well dream here as anywhere else....

I’d only pay them after completing a 2 or 3 year apprenticeship through the army.leave them on basic entitlements until then and stop all money if they fail in any way to participate in their work

Big time. Before people scream "Magdalene laundries", treat them fairly, but be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭stevensi

One day I'd love one of the defense lawyers for these kids turn up and say...actually your honour this guy is a scumbag and deserves a heavy sentence! Do they really believe the bull they spout when they talk about a hard upbringing/fell in with the wrong crowd etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

stevensi wrote: »
    One day I'd love one of the defense lawyers for these kids turn up and say...actually your honour this guy is a scumbag and deserves a heavy sentence! Do they really believe the bull they spout when they talk about a hard upbringing/fell in with the wrong crowd etc...

And fall off that gravy train?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

stevensi wrote: »

It's not their job to believe or not, and I suspect many or most have the same opinion of the scrotes as we all do, especially being in contact with them, but their job is to provide a defense.

• Advertisement

Well, from early next year we'll have a chance to see in the longer term does the introduction of abortion actually have an effect on the crime rate. It would be great if these scrotes never got born in the first place......

https://scholar.harvard.edu/barro/files/99_0927_crimerate_bw.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Any teenager with more than 3 convictions into the army for 4yrs teach them a trade and a bit of respect. Because as far as I can see present policies aren't working.

Forget the army - they will just learn skills and become even bigger cůnts.

Stone quarry, no machines, 12 hour days, minimal food maximum sentences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

beertons wrote: »
    My grandfather used to drown the pups he didn't want in a bucket of water. Will I tell him to get a bigger bucket?

That's what we need more men like auld granda, he sounds delightful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Turn children's allowance into a tax credit,
    recoup court and policing costs for these renegade children from allowances.
    discourage these kind of people from kids in the first place.
    with free abortions on the way this should be a no brainer.

how the **** is that child still in the "care" of the mother I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Send these feral kids to live with the Love Both campaigners as they seem to care so much about allowing unwanted kids to be born.

TBH I wouldn't wish these guys on the army, the army don't deserve that sort of crap.

Sentences for crimes need to be more severe the more crime these "individuals" commit.

1-3 crimes set term, 3-6 multiply by 1.25, 6-10 multiply by 1.5, 10-20 multiply by 2. 21+ Life. It would involve building more prisons (with no mod cons).

If we were really cruel just chain them to the walls for the duration of their term and feed them intravenously. By the time they are released they'd be a physical wreak and of no real threat to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I read about a judge who recently threatened to send a 'paddywagon' to haul a mother off to prison because her two daughters had missed too many days of school the last year, in Ennis I think it was.
    Why is the mother of this little scumbag not in the same boat?

Edit- here's a couple of cases
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/mother-of-nine-avoids-jail-for-failing-to-send-three-children-to-school-1.2494377
    http://www.thejournal.ie/parents-convicted-over-truant-son-3948735-Apr2018/

How come the mother wasn't sent to jail like these parents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Whola, le prison ship: 6JId4GO.png

Currently in use just off the Bronx, but China could likely build one for 1/10th the cost of a fancy Supermax in a few weeks.
    Space for a few thousand, no TV facilities on-board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

This wouldn't happen if these kids had a playground and other facilities to keep them occupied cool.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Where's batman when you need him

Or the Irish equivalent of batman - the 'ra

Baseball batman?

Whola, le prison ship: 6JId4GO.png

Currently in use just off the Bronx, but China could likely build one for 1/10th the cost of a fancy Supermax in a few weeks.
    Space for a few thousand, no TV facilities on-board.

Good one and any pond rat acting the boll1x could have a wee accident and “fall” overboard

• Advertisement
Advertisement