Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben dunne cherrywood Vs Westwood leopardstown

• 12-07-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi I'm thinking of joining a gym I'm looking for feedback on these they are very different price wise thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Hi I'm thinking of joining a gym I'm looking for feedback on these they are very different price wise thanks
    Care to tell us what you want to use the gym for?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Thanks for replying many reasons but mainly the usual loose weight, then strengthen up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Thanks for replying many reasons but mainly the usual loose weight, then strengthen up a bit
    OK, was looking for something a bit more specific. Do you have a programme you intend to follow or will you be looking for instruction? Solo work or look for group classes?

Most gyms have broadly similar equipment; the difference is down to how you want to use them and how much you need from the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

I have been in both and I use the gym 5 days a week and I have been in cherrywood for 3 years now. Both have there good points and bad points.

Westwood has a spa (Sauna/Jacuzzi etc.) which is nice but I found personally I used maybe once a week at most which wasn't feasible in terms of the monthly payment - The gym is big enough and never really too busy but certainty isn't of 80 quid a month standard.

Ben Dunne is busy at times but for the costing it wins for me hands down -big gym, plenty of new fresh equipment, clean- It will be busy at peak times but throw the ear phones in and get to it.

If you can and decided Ben Dunnes Cherrywood is for you go in the mornings before work if thats feasible defonitely the best and most enjoyable time to go.

Just my two cents.

fair play for getting going in the gym by the way - first few weeks wont be great get a program to suit you be progressive - stick to a routine and soon enough it will be your consistent routine.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Which one are you living closest too? There’s also a council gym in loughlinstown leisure centre which isn’t far from Ben Dunnes.

http://dlrleisure.ie/loughlinstown/loughlinstown-gym/

They have a pool too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

I can't go in the mornings I chose those as they open late I've a young child so be going after his asleep I might do a trial in both and decide then

Advertisement