Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 working days to receive an unlock code for mobile?

Options
  • 12-07-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

Hi there, 
    I requested the unlock code for my mobile(galaxy s7) on June 28th, I was told it can take between 5-10 working days. I am currently talking to live chat who have now told me to wait a further 10 working days.

I am out of contract, I wish to leave Eir mobile. It does not take 20 working days to receive an unlock code from the manufacturer. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have requested the unlock code and my final bill to be sent via post. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi there, 
    I requested the unlock code for my mobile(galaxy s7) on June 28th, I was told it can take between 5-10 working days. I am currently talking to live chat who have now told me to wait a further 10 working days.

I am out of contract, I wish to leave Eir mobile. It does not take 20 working days to receive an unlock code from the manufacturer. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Hi RocketRaccoon ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hi there, 

Hi RocketRaccoon ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, I have sent you all my info via PM 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi RocketRaccoon,

I will follow this up with Thomas and get back to you with an update.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

I've requested unlock code for my girlfriend. She received it by email within 4 days. Make sure you gave them correct email. And check your spam sometimes it goes there.

Also if I were you I'd message them every 5 days. Normally if they hit a wall, they wait for you to contact them.

RobiePAX wrote: »
    I've requested unlock code for my girlfriend. She received it by email within 4 days. Make sure you gave them correct email. And check your spam sometimes it goes there.

Also if I were you I'd message them every 5 days. Normally if they hit a wall, they wait for you to contact them.
    15 days now and still nothing. 

• Advertisement

Contact them now for the update. And keep doing that every few days until you get it. Don't let the case stay inactive for more than 5 days. Make sure you giving correct IMEI and correct email.

Eir Webchat Link - https://www.eir.ie/chatnow

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Contact them now for the update. And keep doing that every few days until you get it. Don't let the case stay inactive for more than 5 days. Make sure you giving correct IMEI and correct email.

Eir Webchat Link - https://www.eir.ie/chatnow
    I have lost count of how many times I have been on the live chat over the last few days, I am losing the will to live with their complete ineptitude and lack of basic English. 

I am losing the will to live with their complete ineptitude and lack of basic English. 
    Unfortunately outsourcing through India is a way to go lately. If you think Eir is bad with that, I don't envy you giving Vodafone a call :)

I hope one of Eir reps will speed your request progress and you get your unlock soon.

Advertisement