Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cramping in early pregnancy

Options
  • 12-07-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey

I'm nearly 5 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) and am having intermittent cramping (feels like menstrual) for the past week... It comes and will cramp for like 5 seconds and then go away and will them come back now and again?

Has anyone else had this? Is it normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bear18

It can be perfectly normal, your uterus is stretching and moving to accommodate your new little lodger.

If you are anyway concerned you could visit your G.P or if you have any type of bleeding present to your maternity hospital.

Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was just under 10 weeks, had zero symptoms no sickness or anything and kept waiting for my period because I kept having "period cramps". Try your best not to worry petal, I've my fingers and toes crossed for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RomeWeddingGal

I had loads of cramping for the first couple of months, I would say, but around the 5 week mark it definitely felt like I was getting my period. My doctor said it was most likely from the uterus stretching. Try not to worry!

Advertisement