Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture to donate.

• 12-07-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have second hand furniture to donate. Some beds mattresses other house contents. Have tried the charity shops, focus Ireland etc but they don’t have available storage. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I know it's not donation but that website Freecycle?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Is Adverts.ie still going? Put it up for free and it won't be long going, or even on Facebook if you're on there. Failing that, taking it out to Mungret is probably your best bet if you just want rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭carrickbawn

I don’t live in limerick but will be there for a few hours and it would be great to get it all gone in one go. Will check out Mungret. Thank you both for the replies.

I don’t live in limerick but will be there for a few hours and it would be great to get it all gone in one go. Will check out Mungret. Thank you both for the replies.

I think it's €15 for a trailer but only €5 for a car. My other half has jammed the car to the hilt before! Though looking at what you have, you'll probably need the trailer.

Thank you but would be some car to take beds,mattresses and a leather couch....and more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Thank you but would be some car to take beds,mattresses and a leather couch....and more.

I don't think that Mungret is the place for you. It could get very expensive.

A 2 seater sofa costs €15. A 3 seater costs €20.
    Matresses are €15-25 each depending on size.

They don't accept treated wood, so the beds might not be accepted.
    http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/?page_id=11

I don't think that Mungret is the place for you. It could get very expensive.

A 2 seater sofa costs €15. A 3 seater costs €20.
    Matresses are €15-25 each depending on size.

They don't accept treated wood, so the beds might not be accepted.
    http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/?page_id=11

Oops, didn't realise they were all extras. Apologies for that OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bite your hand off on Social media for free stuff, try that route if you can't donate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

There’s a charity just off the Groody road called Clare’s wish that sell donated furniture. Kevin is the man that runs it, I spoke to him a couple of years ago and he had a van for collecting and delivery. Might be worth while to buzz ? I don’t have a number but there should be something online.

No joy there either. They only take small items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

The Adapt shop on Sarsfield Street sells secondhand furniture, might be worth a try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Irish Wolf wrote:
    The Adapt shop on Sarsfield Street sells secondhand furniture, might be worth a try?

Adapt will accept and collect beds that are in good condition but not mattresses. A licenced waste remover like Taylor's or Bob's would take it for you but would charge at least 250 euro depending on the weight of the load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

If it’s still serviceable then put it on limerick yahoo Freecycle.
    Marty.

Thank you all for replies. I got rid of everything. Gave some away.. sold some for half nothing. Then filled a van with the couch,a bed a few mattresses and contents of a shed which included a broken fridge old furniture and lots of bric a brac. It took ten minutes to empty it all at Fitzgerald’s waste Centre and only charged 60 euros... Great value. Mission accomplished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Fitzgeralds is great value and it's where the waste collectors such as Bob's, Franklin's or Taylor's bring the rubbish so it's cheaper to nearly rent your own van and dump it yourself or pay someone with a van a few quid.

Advertisement