Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accountant or book keeper

Options
  • 12-07-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what you prefer to use an accountant or book keeper. small 1 man business, i just need them to submit my accounts for the year. i have been using an accountant, they charged 600 for only 5 months of accounts. i was in touch with an accountancy firm who said they will do 1 years worth of accounts for 250. what would a book keeper usually charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

If your organised then no need for bookkeeper. Use accountant to do accounts and submit income tax return. The more organised you are the less it will cost you. And remember the cheapest accountant is nt always be the best i.e. might end up with higher tax bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭pgj2015

my books are very organised, will give the new accountant a chance as i think 600 euro is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭pgj2015

still undecided on this issue, if a book keeper will submit by accounts for me for 130 euro, should i just hire him/her, the accountant now wants over 300 even though we had agreed on 250 and he does not even want to add up my accounts, so what am i paying him for exactly? what is he doing that a book keeper wont?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

I just use an accountant. Once a year visit. I'm very well organised with keeping all income/expenses in an Excel sheet, and I print my bank statements for the year and match up the transactions with invoice numbers before I head in. They're very good for advice though and with letting you know of tax credits, different expenses you can and cannot claim etc. Also very helpful when I was applying for a mortgage with a partner (also self-employed and with the sane accountant) a few months ago.

I wouldn't really have enough invoices and expenses every month to need a bookkeeper.

Advertisement