Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seborrheic keratosis (senile wart) cheap effective removal?

Options
  • 12-07-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Swimming season is here and well vanity is here too :rolleyes: - any advice on places where I can get a Seborrheic keratosis removed? Anyone know someplace not too pricey and within the regions of Limerick, Wexford, Waterford or Dublin?

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ironcage wrote: »
    Swimming season is here and well vanity is here too :rolleyes: - any advice on places where I can get a Seborrheic keratosis removed? Anyone know someplace not too pricey and within the regions of Limerick, Wexford, Waterford or Dublin?

Any info appreciated

If you have health insurance it is fully covered with gp

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ironcage

I do not have health insurance

Is there nobody who knows of a GP who will carry out the procedure - its called cryotherapy and it involves freezing them. It is practically the same as wart removal. A trip to a dermatologist without health insurance will likely cost a fortune - the bon secours emailed me charging over a 1000 eur for this procedure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had one frozen with my GP recently, took five minutes and was charged the normal appointment rate. Maybe call ahead and check your GP or nurse offers the service.

Thanks - I get the impression that a few GPs do but my one doesn't. So need to find a GP that will. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Try D2 Medical on Fitzwilliam Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,686 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most GPs won't take on what they see as 'new patients' even for a single transaction like this. Your GP is going to know another GP who does it and would be more willing to take it is a single referral.

Having supplied GP surgeries I'd say about a third have the dry ice bowsers for doing cryotherapy.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll see how it goes. Possibly the GP referral to another GP will be best

Advertisement