Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android phone app

Options
  • 12-07-2018 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

App not working on phone. Message reads;
    ERR TOO MANY REDIRECTS.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi First Up,

We recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing as the app is no longer supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Hi First Up,

We recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing as the app is no longer supported.
    Care to tell us why?

First Up wrote: »
    Hi First Up,

Care to tell us why?
    Apparently not.....

Boards.ie Employee

One of the big reasons is that it's easier and faster to roll out changes, upgrades, bug fixes, etc. without having to go through an approval process, while also being easier to sync development on the web platforms.

One of the big reasons is that it's easier and faster to roll out changes, upgrades, bug fixes, etc. without having to go through an approval process, while also being easier to sync development on the web platforms.

I'm glad it suits you but it makes it much less convenient and accessible for me.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

I understand it can be frustrating to have to change away from something that you're used to, but this ensures that you will receive the latest updates and fixes.

You could also try clearing the app's data from your phone's Settings. Find the Apps / Manage Apps setting, click into the Boards app and select clear data or clear cache. Clearing data is the more nuclear option as it resets everything back to it being like the first time you used it. Here's a guide that explains the process: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data-android

I understand it can be frustrating to have to change away from something that you're used to, but this ensures that you will receive the latest updates and fixes.

You could also try clearing the app's data from your phone's Settings. Find the Apps / Manage Apps setting, click into the Boards app and select clear data or clear cache. Clearing data is the more nuclear option as it resets everything back to it being like the first time you used it. Here's a guide that explains the process: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data-android
    Its not about not being used to it. Its about it not being as usable.

I have plenty of ways of accessing Boards but none of them are as good as the one you dropped.

Boards.ie Employee

Work is ongoing on a new version of the mobile site, so hopefully that will be more useful for mobile users.

If nothing else, it's worth trying the cache clear above.

Advertisement