Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show who the OP is in the thread.

Options
  • 12-07-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

What about having a different colour/symbol/whatever beside the OP's name to signify that they're the OP?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not a bad idea if feasible.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What about having a different colour/symbol/whatever beside the OP's name to signify that they're the OP?

Why not just go to the first post in the thread:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think as the thread develops he means it he nice to see the OP response to various questions. Help stand out so to speak

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Great idea but think it would have to be a symbol of some sort as colour doesn't show up on touch site (for me anyway)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for the suggestion. Personally I really like it. I imagine it would be more possible on a new Responsive Site and I've added it to the list for consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

As someone already mentioned it would be good to see the OPs reply if we were like 15 pages into the thread. Perhaps it's a long discussion and it would save people going back to the first page to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The only issue I would see with this is that is probably does not suit every forum. Identifying the OP would have the effect of making it a thread belonging to them. This is fine for forums where it is a more question and answer format but some, like AH , are more "here's a topic, lets discuss it" as opposed to "I'm doing X, can anyone give advice".

It would be nice if it could be used as an option by a poster when they are asking a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Overall I really like the idea. I could see it being really helpful in some forums.

Advertisement