Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog pee burning lawn

Options
  • 12-07-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Any ideas as to how I can overcome this problem. He is great dog with big bladder but it's a smallish garden. New house and grass wasn't great to start. Now it's burned by dog pee never mind the sun.
    Help! Do I just go with artificial grass?. He is walked regulary but still needs to pee in between walks.
    I have tried to rinse the urine away but it's not working. ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Wouldn’t worry too much about it! A couple of days rain and the grass will be up greener than ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

invicta wrote: »
    Wouldn’t worry too much about it! A couple of days rain and the grass will be up greener than ever!

I don't agree, having had that problem. The pee needs instant diluting with a bucket of water if permanent damage is to be avoided. Best to train him to use a designated area of the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Frazer600

I wish, but he's really killed it I think!

I don't agree, having had that problem. The pee needs instant diluting with a bucket of water if permanent damage is to be avoided. Best to train him to use a designated area of the garden.

I'm doing that now but he catches me out. They go in and out of house as they need so I haven't always caught him. He's seven and we have just moved to a house with small garden so I guess he really didn't repeatedly pee in the same place as old garden was bigger and wilder. I will try the training to one patch approach. Thanks for suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Frazer600, did your grass recover in the recent rain???
    Not being smart, just curious!

• Advertisement

Frazer600, did your grass recover in the recent rain???
    Not being smart, just curious!

Most of it recovered but the areas burnt by urine stayed burnt I'm afraid. Tried training him to an area which didn't work either. I'm washing the pee away each time he goes at moment but thats once I catch him going!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭standardg60

Frazer600 wrote: »
    Most of it recovered but the areas burnt by urine stayed burnt I'm afraid. Tried training him to an area which didn't work either. I'm washing the pee away each time he goes at moment but thats once I catch him going!

Old dog new tricks and all that. He's been peeing where he wants for seven years, you probably did his head in:).

Frazer600 wrote: »

Old dog new tricks and all that. He's been peeing where he wants for seven years, you probably did his head in:).

Agree😠He sort of looked at me with eyes that rolled skyward and said"are you serious! I've been going where I want for seven years, I don't go in the house EVER and NOW you want me to pee in a corner behind some flowers!..humans!🙄"

Advertisement