Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrap or sell.

• 12-07-2018 10:35pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Changing my car shortly. Uk import.

I have 07 1.6p octavia with 205k km.
    needs 2 front rotors & a rear bearing done.
    air con not working.
    nct up in oct. tax up too. (e600 for year)
    runs fine & great car - just upgrading.

worth spending e200 on it to sell ?
    or just scrap it ?

Just looking on dd -1k to 3k for same car - really ???
    will people pay this for an 11 year old car.

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd spend the €200 on getting it a fresh NCT to make it sellable. With a fresh NCT surely you would get €1500 for it? You will only get about €100 scrap value for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Discs and a bearing are just wear and tear given the age of it, if it hasn't given any trouble until this point I'd keep it going, no need to get rid of it unless you genuinely fancy a change of car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Ur new car cud need new discs worth investing a few quid that car with an nct has to be worth a grand at least

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thanks folks.
    Will fix it up and sell.

Thx

Advertisement