Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Connects Effects on South Dublin/North Wicklow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Precisely why I see it as a Machiavellian attempt at running the route into the ground. On paper, it claims to connect Dalkey with the Green Luas Line. Before even changing for a Tram to Dundrum, people driving to Dundrum from Dalkey will have already arrived.

Taking the 111 from Dalkey to Brides Glen would be a bit like taking the 27 all the way from Clare Hall to Jobstown. It would probably take over an hour and a half to do a journey which could be done in about half an hour in a car on the M50 however the route is a merger of the old 77 from Jobstown to the City Centre and the 27 from Clare Hall to the City Centre. It is not designed with end to end commutes in mind it is designed like many urban bus routes it is not go from A to Z but to go from A to B to C to D and so on.

The following is how I would operate a route with this purpose:
    1. Preferred Bus Route: Dalkey, Glenageary Shopping Center, Park Pointe, Bakers Corner, Foxrock Church, Leopardstown Road, Stillorgan Luas.
    (20 minutes)
    2. Luas: 5 Minutes to Balally for Dundrum Town Center.
    Total Journey Length: 25 minutes

Instead :mad:, the current situation is as follows:

1. Bus Route 111: Takes 40-50 minutes to get to the Brides Glen Luas.
    2. Luas: 20 Minutes to Dundrum.
    Total Journey Length: 60-70 Minutes

You're journey timings don't take wait time into account either. If such a route were to exist demand would dictate it would likely only be able to run at around about a frequency of every hour which according to bus connects would be an average wait time of 30 mins and Luas would be an average wait time of 6 mins meaning a commute time of an hour if you include average wait times.

Also you forgot to mention that if one were to do this commute today they could do it quicker by going by DART to DL and 75 DL to Dundrum. Here is the fastest pt commute from Dalkey to Dundrum

Current situation

1. Dart: 6 mins to DL
    2. 75 Bus 30 mins to Dundrum
    Total journey time 36 mins

If you include average wait time that's would 7.5 mins DART and 15 mins 75 so it would be a total of 22.5 mins wait time versus 36 mins average wait time on the 111/Luas option so that's a total journey of about 100 mins versus 57.5 mins.

After Bus Connects/DART 10 mins frequency

1. Dart 6 mins to DL
    2. 225 Bus At a rough guess I would this bus route would take about 20-25 mins
    Total journey time 30 mins

If you include an average wait for the DART at 5 mins and for the proposed 225 bus at 7.5 mins that's a total wait time of 12.5 mins so a commute 42.5 mins versus a commute of an hour under your Dalkey to Stillorgan Luas/Luas commute proposal.

So Bus Connects along with a 10 minute DART would likely benefit someone going from Dalkey to Dundrum would more then Patrick's proposals. I don't have anything against you personally Patrick but I do think a Dalkey to Stillorgan Luas bus would be unviable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Number 9 and 54a bus are being gotten ride of. I live in kimmage. How am I supposed to get to town? Wtf

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Number 9 and 54a bus are being gotten ride of. I live in kimmage. How am I supposed to get to town? Wtf

F spine serves Kimmage

If you are saying that it "gets a good few on it", why don't they (Dublin Bus, Bus Connects or Go Ahead) exploit the **** out of it?

Then again, this is Ireland where common sense is lacking!

Indeed.

During the last changes they scrapped the No 8, because 5 of the 6 buses a day weren't busy. The simple fact that the 8am one was the only way a significant number of kids had to get to school, hence it being packed within the first six or eight stops seemed to go completely unnoticed.

People moan about parents doing the school runs, but then they take away a bus service that catered almost exclusively for schools. it beggers belief.

Aegir wrote: »
    Indeed.

During the last changes they scrapped the No 8, because 5 of the 6 buses a day weren't busy. The simple fact that the 8am one was the only way a significant number of kids had to get to school, hence it being packed within the first six or eight stops seemed to go completely unnoticed.

People moan about parents doing the school runs, but then they take away a bus service that catered almost exclusively for schools. it beggers belief.

I thought they planned to keep the 0800 8 but it doesn't appear in either the public timetable or the school services timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Stephen15 wrote: »
    MarkY91 wrote: »

F spine serves Kimmage
    Look at this: https://busconnects.ie/media/1274/map-2-proposed-all-day-network-big-picture.pdf

The biggest concern about the South Dublin/North Wicklow proposals is that Bray and Greystones are currently in a better place now with the 84/a for a connection to the Luas and we all know the 84/a is a pretty crap bus. Greystones has no Luas connection and Bray only has the 213 every 40-45 mins which takes a somewhat strange and long route going from Bray to UCD via Enniskerry, Kilternan and Sandyford.

If the long term aim is to extend Luas to Bray then obivosuly the demand is there for a feeder bus between Bray and the Luas so people can get from Bray to places like Sandyford, Dundrum and Ranelagh also the plans show no increase in service in Cherrywood despite the plans to develop the area. There is a shuttle bus replacing the 7 to DL every 15 mins which I guess is an improvement but when the development is finished I think the area needs more then that.

My proposal would be extend the 201/202 routes to Bride's Glen that would give not just Bray but also Greystones and Shankill a 20 minute frequency to the Luas as well as providing an extra connection for people living in the proposed developments in Cherrywood and giving Delgany, Kilcoole, Newcastle and Newtownmountkennedy a connection to the Luas also. This would be a big improvement on the 84/a in terms of frequency of the connection.

I would also have the route bypass the DART station in Bray and go straight to Bride's Glen via Shankill. It wouldn't be nessecary to provide a connection to Bray DART station as most of the people connecting to the DART are from South of Greystones and Greystones will have a 20 minute DART frequency so they wouldn't need to go all the way to Bray to get a frequent DART service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Stevie S

The biggest concern about the South Dublin/North Wicklow proposals is that Bray and Greystones are currently in a better place now with the 84/a for a connection to the Luas and we all know the 84/a is a pretty crap bus. Greystones has no Luas connection and Bray only has the 213 every 40-45 mins which takes a somewhat strange and long route going from Bray to UCD via Enniskerry, Kilternan and Sandyford.

If the long term aim is to extend Luas to Bray then obivosuly the demand is there for a feeder bus between Bray and the Luas so people can get from Bray to places like Sandyford, Dundrum and Ranelagh also the plans show no increase in service in Cherrywood despite the plans to develop the area. There is a shuttle bus replacing the 7 to DL every 15 mins which I guess is an improvement but when the development is finished I think the area needs more then that.

My proposal would be extend the 201/202 routes to Bride's Glen that would give not just Bray but also Greystones and Shankill a 20 minute frequency to the Luas as well as providing an extra connection for people living in the proposed developments in Cherrywood and giving Delgany, Kilcoole, Newcastle and Newtownmountkennedy a connection to the Luas also. This would be a big improvement on the 84/a in terms of frequency of the connection.

I would also have the route bypass the DART station in Bray and go straight to Bride's Glen via Shankill. It wouldn't be nessecary to provide a connection to Bray DART station as most of the people connecting to the DART are from South of Greystones and Greystones will have a 20 minute DART frequency so they wouldn't need to go all the way to Bray to get a frequent DART service.

Hi

I agree with your sentiments. I feel extending the 212 to Brides Glen would be simpler. 201/202 probably has a good reason for the current proposed loop. The 212 would just be extending an already pretty short route

Whatever gets Shankill to Brides Glen every 20 mins is good for me though..

Stevie S wrote: »
    Hi

I agree with your sentiments. I feel extending the 212 to Brides Glen would be simpler. 201/202 probably has a good reason for the current proposed loop. The 212 would just be extending an already pretty short route

The loop would stay the same it's a good idea it would just go to Bride's Glen instead of just Bray. The reason why I chose the 201/202 is that it would also give Greystones a 20 minute link to the Luas and not just Bray. Also the 212 is meant to be replacing the 145 in West Bray/Ballywaltrim so it would need to be of higher frequency. If the Luas is extended to Bray this routing should be cancelled and leave it terminate in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Instead :mad:, the current situation is as follows:

1. Bus Route 111: Takes 40-50 minutes to get to the Brides Glen Luas.
    2. Luas: 20 Minutes to Dundrum.
    Total Journey Length: 60-70 Minutes!

While it would be nice to be able to not have to change bus/train while travelling to/from Dalkey and Dundrum there is absolutely no need as there are multiple ways of doing so with journey times starting at 35 minutes (not 60-70 minutes as you have stated :rolleyes:).

The method you have described in the quote above is the slowest way to do so, and you know it!

Here are some quicker ways (which most actually been pointed out to you):

If it's a Saturday at 1 pm and I want to go to Dundrum,
    I can get the 59 at approximately 13:00 and then catch the 13:10 75 to Dundrum and arrive at approximately 13:40. That is a total journey time of 40 minutes. (If the 75 isn't too busy it could take 25 minutes.)
    You could get the DART instead of the 59 and that could possibly reduce the journey time to 30-35 minutes.
    You could also get the 111 at 13:30 and catch the 13:40 75 to Dundrum.
    And then you have your very slow option of getting the 111 to Brides Glen and then a LUAS. There are (obviously) slower ways but I classify them as on purpose getting slow/indirect routes etc., like if you were doing a bus spin or something.

Edit: I get the LUAS to/from Brides Glen and Dundrum a lot and the quickest journey time would be 25 minutes. I also get the 111 terminus to terminus a lot. Using my knowledge I calculate Patrick's journey at approximately 75 minutes. (45 mins 111, 33 mins LUAS journey, 5 minute wait added bc that's usually how long I wait after getting off the 111 at Brides Glen, extra 2 minutes added to round it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dardania wrote: »

Makes a little more sense from reading some of this thread. I still have no idea how to get from A to B.

I can currently get the 9 from kimmage to o connell street and get the 46a to Hanlon's corner in stoneybatter. How do I figure out how the proposed new way of me doing that journey would be? I hope the new app to tell us information won't be as horrific as the Dublin bus all of now

Edit: so I change bus on the O route eliminating town from the equation. I wonder how much time I'm apparently gonna save?

While it would be nice to be able to not have to change bus/train while travelling to/from Dalkey and Dundrum there is absolutely no need as there are multiple ways of doing so with journey times starting at 35 minutes (not 60-70 minutes as you have stated :rolleyes:).

The method you have described in the quote above is the slowest way to do so, and you know it!

I can get the 59 at approximately 13:00 and then catch the 13:10 75 to Dundrum and arrive at approximately 13:40. That is a total journey time of 40 minutes. (If the 75 isn't too busy it could take 25 minutes.)
    You could get the DART instead of the 59 and that could possibly reduce the journey time to 30-35 minutes.
    And then you have your very slow option of getting the 111 to Brides Glen and then a LUAS. There are (obviously) slower ways but I classify them as on purpose getting slow/indirect routes etc., like if you were doing a bus spin or something.

Edit: I get the LUAS to/from Brides Glen and Dundrum a lot and the quickest journey time would be 25 minutes. I also get the 111 terminus to terminus a lot. Using my knowledge I calculate Patrick's journey at approximately 75 minutes. (45 mins 111, 33 mins LUAS journey, 5 minute wait added bc that's usually how long I wait after getting off the 111 at Brides Glen, extra 2 minutes added to round it.

I used to commute from Dalkey to Dundrum everyday.

If I caught the 7:20 7d from Dalkey, get off at Brewery Road and walk to Stillorgan Luas, I could get in to the office just after 8. That was the absolute quickest way of doing it. You would have to be superbly lucky to get off the 59 and step on to the 75 and you might do it in 40 minutes, but very very lucky if you do, especially if you have to walk from the 75 Bus Stop to the other end of the shopping centre.

Hi

There appears to be a direct link to Bride's Glen/Cherrywood from Bray according to the proposed frequency chart. It states that the 212 bus will run between Bray and Bride's Glen Luas every 10 mins however on the map it shows the 213 only runs to Bray DART son I don't know which one to believe.

The map is also a little bit misleading as it states that the 211 route which is pretty much the same as the 45a will terminate at the DART station but it also shows Kilmac as being the terminus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Stevie S

Yes saw that. It's on no maps but is on the frequency page. It's why I picked the 212 to get there to be honest.
    I'm not sure it needs a frequency of 10 mins but I don't want to speak for those south of Bray towards Ballywaltrim.
    Every 20 would seem reasonable. The 84 is hopeless currently for this journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You would think more new bus routes would serve Bride's Glen/Cherrywood considering the development going on up there. In my opinion it should have a bus every 20-30 mins to Bray. Perhaps it could be included as another terminus on the E spine which would have a different Northside terminus.

How useful would such a connection be, given routes S1, S4, S6, S7, S8, 213, 222, 225, 226, 227?

Awaaf wrote: »
    Thanks for the links.

Here is my attempt to assess impacts. I am in the Monkstown Farm area. Please advise if any of this seems wrong.

The changes seem to increase frequency to DL at the Monkstown Ave end which is good. However the direct route to Blackrock via the existing 4 is severed with the route now seeming to be to go to DL on increased frequency and then 7 to Blackrock. This is an unfortunate bus-change on a short route.

The loss of the #4 as a direct route to town is a big loss with the route now either via the E-spine or the increased frequency to DL and then 7/DART or maybe increased links to the N11 and E-spine. I guess this is a classic example of the tradeoff of bus changes for frequency.
    Potentially, something like this could be done.

457502.png
    What do you mean by "geography and demographics won't allow for it"?
    Roads wise, Dalkey is effectively a cul de sac - there is nothing the far side of it.

Lots of people in the area are older and stuck to their cars.
    Agreed on this point. In one of the pages it mentions the 212 goes from Ballywaltrim all the way to Bride's Glen but none of the maps depict this, just Ballywaltrim terminating in Bray. It would make sense for this to happen IMO and connect Bray / Shankill to the Luas here (biased Shankill resident!). I put it in the survey anyway
    Kilbride, not Bride's Glen. :)

Chapter 7 wrote:
    Bray station is the hub for five local routes, in addition to the E1:
    • Route 212 is a frequent local, every 10 minutes all day, that extends southwest from Bray to Kilbride/Ballywaltrim. This route replaces the outer part of current Route 145, but takes passengers to DART for connections to rail service to the city, as well as to E1 for continuing north toward Stillorgan Road.
    Don't Finnegan's provide a Bray-Bride's Glen service? This may prevent another route being added.

Victor wrote: »
    Don't Finnegan's provide a Bray-Bride's Glen service? This may prevent another route being added.

They provide a Bray-Sandyford service but not a Bray-Bride's Glen service which is currently provided by the 84/a.

Victor wrote: »
    Potentially, something like this could be done.

457502.png

Not as professional looking as your's Victor but this is what could be done to fill to the void left by the 4. Run the proposed 7a to Dun Laoghaire and run the 7b on the 4 routing as far TK Roundabout and then extend it to Killiney SC via Abbey Road and Rochestown Avenue. I don't think a frequent service on Carysfort Ave. would really work as it's a narrow road with lots of on street parking.

There is a large amount of houses around Rochestown Avenue in places like Sallynoggin, Killiney and Ballybrack that are now left without a service to the city centre. My proposal would make the journey time from these areas quicker as it wouldn't have to go via Dun Laoghaire and Monkstown like the 7/a currently does.

Here is my map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

You might find that the quoted time of 35 minutes is probably off peak and when there are fewer stops to be made.

You sound so certain of this. Now, the trajectory of the trip I described is in the general direction of Dundrum. Also, that last part is just condescending "You know it!".

As someone with Aspergers, I see genuine gaps in the network that have lead to car dependence. The attached image should better explain it.

This was taken from the following interactive map:

http://interactive.map.busconnects.ie/

And a very big "if" at that. It's not just about off peak commutes or casual commutes on a Saturday, it's also about the on peak as well. Moreover, we need to remember that a working population needs to have a badly needed work-life balance which can only be achieved by the car in many instances!

This is because the current work-life balance is not attractive in its current form NOR is it attractive in the proposed form in the interactive map.

There are parts of the area such as Castlepark Road and Dalkey Avenue which can be up to a 10 minute walk from either the 59 or DART. Over in another thread, I came out with a proposal which would enable much better penetration of the area that would cut out the meandering. In the process, this would make Dalkey an en route destination instead of the "cul de sac" mentioned by Victor earlier. See the post at the below address:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104866464&postcount=13

The 111 terminates at the roundabout leaving a whole load of potential users south in the cold.

I have regularly thought that the routes were made indirect (111, 59) or infrequent (7D and former 8 bus) "on purpose" as a way of making them unattractive so they could ultimately cancel them due to 'poor loadings'. Of course the loadings are going to be poor if the perception of reliability (infrequent 7D or 8) or punctuality (indirect 111 or 59) has been crippled from the get go. It's akin to selling defective products in a store because the shop and its staff don't care about the customer. Fair comparison?

This is probably a casual "bus spin" as you call it. I also highly doubt that anyone working in Dundrum, Sandyford or further afield would be tempted by the journey as they would very quickly loose the will to live.

Of course, perceptions need to change in Dalkey and other parts of Dublin from a public transport usage perspective. I just think the state owned organizations have made little or no effort to do this.

Yes, snobbery, souped up SUVs and school runs have become way too common in the area. However, we need to phase this out so that future generations can be more public transport orientated.

Like the store comparison, if you want to get shoppers, you have to earn their loyalty.

Also, it's not outside the realms of common sense that when Cherrywood is complete and operational that some of the extra pressure added to Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock could be relieved by a moderate improvement in service and infrastructure around the Dalkey area.

Either-way, I amn't going to take the arguments against my proposals as gospel as those arguments are merely opinions as well.

NUFF SAID! :D

The problem I've seen in Foxrock and Dalkey is that very few people seem to use the existing buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

http://interactive.map.busconnects.ie/

Isochrone Generator i.e. see how far you can get in 30/45/60 mins under new and old schemes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Re: The public consultations during August & September.

The NTA changed their minds about having one at Stillorgan Shopping Centre on Friday the 31st of August. Instead they have changed venue to the Talbot Hotel at Woodland in Stillorgan Road for that day from 2pm to 8pm. Was the building work at Stillorgan Shopping Centre not giving the NTA an opportunity to be there at all because that centre is getting through a big rebuilding project at the moment?

Although; I see that there is also one arranged at Bloomfields Shopping Centre in Dun Laoghaire for Friday the 14th of September from 2pm to 8pm.

The North Wicklow dates have been arranged as well.

Tesco, Vevay Road, Bray, Co.Wicklow - Friday the 7th of September from 2pm to 8pm

Tesco, Kilcoole Road, Greystones, Co.Wicklow - Thursday the 13th of September from 2pm to 8pm.

Cllr. Cormac Devlin has announced two public meetings regarding bus connects. He seems to be concerned about the lack of a direct service from the Killiney/Ballybrack area to the city centre.

http://www.cormacdevlin.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cllr. Cormac Devlin has announced two public meetings regarding bus connects. He seems to be concerned about the lack of a direct service from the Killiney/Ballybrack area to the city centre.

http://www.cormacdevlin.ie

From next Monday the DART is going every 10 minutes.
    Most parts of Killiney and Ballybrack are either short walk to the N11 bus corridor or DART.

I’m youngish and fit , maybe they are too far for oldies. I’d like to see stats in elderly using the services, might be a better use of resources to provide them with taxis when needed.

ted1 wrote: »
    From next Monday the DART is going every 10 minutes.
    Most parts of Killiney and Ballybrack are either short walk to the N11 bus corridor or DART.

I’m youngish and fit , maybe they are too far for oldies. I’d like to see stats in elderly using the services, might be a better use of resources to provide them with taxis when needed.

Agreed however I did suggest that they run the proposed 7b to Killiney SC via the 4 routing as far as TEK Roundabout and continue the service via Abbey Road and Rochestown Ave. as far as Killiney SC this would give the areas furthest away from the DART and N11 a direct service to the city which is quicker than presently. It would more so act as a replacement for the 4 in the Stradbrook area and give the Killiney/Ssllynoggin/Rochestown Ave. area an improved service to the city centre that doesn't go via DL or Monkstown.

The 7/a is a poor service in West of DL and is mostly used for local trips to DL in these areas most other people going into town go by either by DART, Luas or 145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Can anyone upload Cllr Devlin's brochure onto here? It keeps hanging on me when I try to download or print it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I got it.

http://www.cormacdevlin.ie/CllrCormacDevlinBusConnectsGuide2018.pdf

I gave it a quick read of his brochure there. It's an awful mess of a document. Like every other politician presumably in Dublin going against BusConnects; he has made a lot of confusing mistakes about his interpretation of the plan. Just be aware. Page 3 of his own brochure is missing for some reason in the PDF.

He was right about the 4 being abolished in Monkstown Avenue being replaced with other services.

He didn't point out however that the S8 is every 15 minutes at peak times & every 20 minutes off peak. He said in his brochure that it's 15 minutes all day.

He didn't mention that the changes on Monkstown Road is the 7 route & not the 7 spine split up into the 7a & 7b from Dun Laoghaire to Charlestown on a 10 minute frequency. He also said that the new 7 will only run to the city centre & not Charlestown Shopping Centre which is all the way to Finglas.

On the 226; he said it was going from Blackrock to Carrickmines every 30 minutes. He mixed the 226 up with the 227 route. The 227 will go from Blackrock to Carrickmines Luas at the terminus at Ballyogan Avenue But on that point on the last page of his brochure he forgot to mention the E2 from Charlestown to Dun Laoghaire being provided as a high frequency alternative near Pottery Road which on the same route as the 46a. He also forgets mention that people can get the 229 along Rochestown Avenue as a direct connection from Brides Glen to Dun Laoghaire via Monkstown Farm.

He also makes some point about the current 7b from Shankill to Mountjoy Square. He said this will become the 311 which I presume is a new peak service. But the thing is the 311 is not planned to be routed along the 7b current routing through Bakers Corner, Abbey Road, Rowanbyrn, Monkstown Link Road & Coppinger into Stillorgan isn't it? Will the 311 will stay along the N11 for most of it's route? He said in his brochure on page 4 there will be no change in service to the 311. He also said that the current 7b goes along Monkstown Road the 7 & the 7a. That's also wrong; the current 7b goes through the Monkstown Link Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

I got it.

http://www.cormacdevlin.ie/CllrCormacDevlinBusConnectsGuide2018.pdf

I gave it a quick read of his brochure there. It's an awful mess of a document. Like every other politician presumably in Dublin going against BusConnects; he has made a lot of confusing mistakes about his interpretation of the plan. Just be aware. Page 3 of his own brochure is missing for some reason in the PDF.

He was right about the 4 being abolished in Monkstown Avenue being replaced with other services.

He didn't point out however that the S8 is every 15 minutes at peak times & every 20 minutes off peak. He said in his brochure that it's 15 minutes all day.

He didn't mention that the changes on Monkstown Road is the 7 route & not the 7 spine split up into the 7a & 7b from Dun Laoghaire to Charlestown on a 10 minute frequency. He also said that the new 7 will only run to the city centre & not Charlestown Shopping Centre which is all the way to Finglas.

On the 226; he said it was going from Blackrock to Carrickmines every 30 minutes. He mixed the 226 up with the 227 route. The 227 will go from Blackrock to Carrickmines Luas at the terminus at Ballyogan Avenue But on that point on the last page of his brochure he forgot to mention the E2 from Charlestown to Dun Laoghaire being provided as a high frequency alternative near Pottery Road which on the same route as the 46a. He also forgets mention that people can get the 229 along Rochestown Avenue as a direct connection from Brides Glen to Dun Laoghaire via Monkstown Farm.

He also makes some point about the current 7b from Shankill to Mountjoy Square. He said this will become the 311 which I presume is a new peak service. But the thing is the 311 is not planned to be routed along the 7b current routing through Bakers Corner, Abbey Road, Rowanbyrn, Monkstown Link Road & Coppinger into Stillorgan isn't it? Will the 311 will stay along the N11 for most of it's route? He said in his brochure on page 4 there will be no change in service to the 311. He also said that the current 7b goes along Monkstown Road the 7 & the 7a. That's also wrong; the current 7b goes through the Monkstown Link Road.

Yes he made a lot of mistakes indeed! If you're wondering about the peak hour routes go to busconnects website and go into maps and then click on "proposed additional peak hour services". Also from what I gather the 311 will follow the current 7b routing from Shankill to the City Centre. There will also be a 317 route operating 6 trips each way between UCD and Brides Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Will people still be able to use the free travel pass?

• Advertisement

tomofson wrote: »
    Will people still be able to use the free travel pass?

Yes

Advertisement