Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching and claiming social welfare

Options
  • 13-07-2018 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi, im an NQT, Ive been signing on since since finishing college in May but ive just been offered a 2 week teaching job in a Summer camp and I wont get paid until the end of the 2 weeks. Ill have to travel 2 hours each way to get there which I dont mind except for the travel costs as public transport is so expensive.
    Im concerned as im on social welfare and wondering how this will interfere with my payments. If I take the job and then declare it to s/w they will stop my payments for the 2 weeks meaning I will have no money to travel to work. I also dont know how long it will be before I can return to getting my payment as I assume they will have to process the whole thing again. Does anyone have experience with this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Sent you a message. Don't think they'll close your claim completely but just stop it for the length you work. Get a letter from your employer with dates of employment for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Sent you a message. Don't think they'll close your claim completely but just stop it for the length you work. Get a letter from your employer with dates of employment for a start.

Thank you postgrad x

Advertisement